• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Paul Alderton

1. P

Help please FN2 Automatic folding mirrors module

Can anyone advise as to which wire goes wherein please? I thought this would be a relatively simple mod but the diagram supplied with the kit I bought might as well be in Swahili for me. I know the small plug goes into the door switch and the original door switch plug goes into the socket...
  2. P

FN2 FN2 Automatic folding mirrors - door card removal

Guys, I bought a kit that allows the mirrors to fold using the key fob. I'm looking for a guide to remove the drivers door card. Any advice please? Cheers, Paul 2011 Type R GT
  3. P

Aftermarket ICE installation query

It was mainly the price to be honest, I got a great deal on it!
  4. P

Hi I went with the Pioneer from Halfords with the install kit. No real problem to fit the only issue I've had is that my DAB reception isn't great with a film antenna. Saying that I use Spotify most of the time so it's ok. I bought a set of trim tools and found a great video on YouTube to remove...
  5. P

FN2 Check System light

My light came on this morning when I started the car. Have tried disconnecting the battery which reset it then it came back again. I understand it's potentially an emissions issue so I'm going to take it for a diagnosis but just wondering if there are any common issues I should be aware of. The...
  6. P

Hi, I've posted this in the newbie section but thought it more appropriate to put it here. I'm buying a 2011 FN2 this weekend. I want to add a unit with Android Auto. Been looking at various videos, articles, etc and I will be fitting an aftermarket Head Unit so I can use Google Maps or...
Back