• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Photon

1. Photon

bonnet release or pull handle

I had this on a couple of different 05/06 plate Civics, each time I replaced the complete assembly with the honda part and it never failed again. I had wondered what people did to them, or whether it was just the originals that went brittle and broke off as once changed they lasted years...
  2. Photon

FK8 to be added to the page header?

Also wondering when I may see my new FK8 on the header and in the cars section...
  3. Photon

Keyless relay attack

I have to agree. Although I think there are different levels of risk from different types of people. For those that really want to take the car, agreed they will take it, and I have come to the conclusion it's best to let them, unless you get excited about the idea of possibly waking up to...
  4. Photon

What did you do to your Type R today?

Yes I should have done that, had I realised I wasn't going to get the ambient lighting then I would have done the same for sure. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Thanks for the info ***
  5. Photon

FK8 Speaker upgrade

Hi all, I am hoping others have already been here and I am appealing to any expertise or experience out there.. The sound quality.. Its just not there. Too much trebble, not loud enough from the back etc.. I find our 2015 Civic Sport has the same quiteness in the back, but the sound is...
  6. Photon

I am very tempted by the illuminated door sills, and the footwell lighting is a must for me. I thought it was standard, I think it was on the normal Type-R but apparently not on the GT. I am looking at the kits on here as the footwell lights cost me over £200 on the last car. How much do the...
  7. Photon

He is not joking, re the cold shifter, tell me about it!! Its freeeeezzzzing given the climate at the moment. If it gets any colder I am worried my hand is going to get stuck there. I was looking to get some gloves but shall now check out said warmers! I have also heard the opposite is...
  8. Photon

Keyless relay attack

Agreed. Familiar with those kind of OBD attacks, but for that you need to be inside the vehicle already, after which point its pretty much fair game anyway. If you are inside, there are many options. The keyless vulnerability is more worrying because a lot of people keep their keys away from...
  9. Photon

Keyless relay attack

Not what you want to be thinking about when you just got your first keyless vehicle, but there has been a lot of attention on this recently. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/car-industry-news/2017/08/10/thieves-target-keyless-entry-cars-with-relay-attack I have seen several videos now, most...
  10. Photon

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Hi Loxy, One of the things I added when I bought the blue Civic Sport was the ambient lighting footwell lights. I think they cost me over £200 from Honda at the time! They worked well, fading in and out nicely etc. When I purchased the new Type-R I somehow assumed I would get the red...
Back