• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Pionir

1. P

Sports cat with OEM cat back - noisy?

Circling back to the original post, the OEM mid pipe and back boxes with SF sports cat is just as quiet as the OEM cat
  2. P

Sports cat with OEM cat back - noisy?

Just wondering if anyone is running a sports cat (e.g. like the Solid Fabrications offering) with the OEM Honda exhaust behind it on a normally aspirated Type-R (Civic, Accord or Teg)? Does it make much more noise than standard or much the same? Cheers
  3. P

Catalytic Converter stolen - replacement advice please

Any recommendations for somewhere around SW London? Unfortunately not an option - the original system was mullered by the tea-leafs leaving really only the back boxes which don't fit to the SF pipes/flanges. When you say raspy, do you mean a metallic engine-y noise? (I know it's very hard to...
  4. P

Yep, the SF system is all standard bolts / lengths and OEM compatible but the cat-back is a complete system otherwise i'd have just kept my OEM back boxes. Unfortunately I think options for the Accord Type-R are pretty much limited to Mongoose and SF Jimbodeeni: I've found this o2 simulator...
  5. P

Is it just the back boxes that make it boomy do you reckon? What would you say is a better option. I'm tempted to sell these and put on something else. That or sell the car and get something different completely!
  6. P

Quick update. I went for the Solid Fabrications exhaust including sports cat and front pipe. Great service from Alan. A couple of the clamps sent with the exhaust were the wrong size, but he sent new ones quickly for me. Some observations... It's nice and shiny! It's horribly boomy -...
  7. P

It turns out that Mongoose system doesn't include a sports cat - it's just a bit of generic text for other models thats included in the Accord advert My current favoured option is Solid Fabrications sports cat and Flexi pipe and Mongoose cat back. Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  8. P

Leafy Teddington, SW London. What's up with the cheap Chinesium Copycats (tm)? Do you lose performance? Ouch, that will almost certainly make my (otherwise very healthy) car a write off :( I've seen that some exhausts have "sports cats" which are less attractive to the tea leafs...
  9. P

Hi, I just had my cat stolen from my Accord Type-R in broad daylight - they jacked up the car and cut it out with an electric hacksaw. Grrr. I've never really got my head around exhausts and the differences between decat / cat back and how you can use a decat if a cat is required for the mot...
Back