• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by qwertyuiop021

1. qwertyuiop021

Jet wash epic fail

Decent, I've heard about them not liking bad press etc from a few places now! Been to a few bodyshops today, one I've used before said £1500 for full respray. Another that my boss recommended said he could do it in 2k (two pack) for £600 or base coat and clear coat for £1200. There's a Honda...
  2. qwertyuiop021

Taking off the rear lights

You can get into the light cluster through the boot, there's a lift off panel. Rear fog bulb is trickier but should still be able to get to it without removing light fitting..
  3. qwertyuiop021

Taking off the rear lights

Yep, bumper needs to come off if you need to remove the whole light assembly, just did it the other day to remove algae. Just changing the bulb not an option?
  4. qwertyuiop021

Jdm 96" Dc2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30YW3wgRvyI
  5. qwertyuiop021

Jet wash epic fail

Normally happy to try anything, but paintwork just scares me haha. Getting round bodyshops today, may just try for full respray quotes and take the hit, it's only going to get pinker. Thanks mate, Monday wasn't a good day, only got her back on Friday after having all the hard brake lines...
  6. qwertyuiop021

Jet wash epic fail

Oh lovely! Haha, just been out with a bit of polish and a microfibre briefly. It does get better, but its definitely gone through the lacquer :(. Are we talking three or four figures for a rub down and re-lacquer?
  7. qwertyuiop021

Jet wash epic fail

Thanks mate, yeah will try tomorrow before work, fingers crossed eh?!
  8. qwertyuiop021

Jet wash epic fail

Presume it was the 'wheel wash' stuff left in the pipe before I started on the bodywork with the shampoo, definitely wasn't there this morning. It is on every panel. Fail to see what else it could be
  9. qwertyuiop021

Jet wash epic fail

Agree with that, but Shirley it's their fault I couldn't rinse off the chemicals?
  10. qwertyuiop021

Jet wash epic fail

Unfortunately not, appreciate the photos are not the best. You can definitely feel a ridge where it's gone through the clear coat
  11. qwertyuiop021

Jet wash epic fail

Afternoon all, Wondering if anyone ever had similar incident or may be able to offer advice. Earlier this afternoon, popped into tesco jet wash, on the way home as I was planning on polishing the car. Just after washing the wheels, moved onto bodywork and the jet wash broke down. Poifect...
  12. qwertyuiop021

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

21 MPG since Friday, I shouldn't be allowed weekends off work. Putting my toe down when the air outside is so cold is too tempting :twisted:
  13. qwertyuiop021

Gareth-FN2's Erm... Alfa Romeo

Vertical needles FTW.
  14. qwertyuiop021

Manifold to downpipe leak!

Not sure of part numbers mate sorry, I just went to local stealers and explained the issue and that I needed the two spring bolts and cone gasket between manifold and downpipe and the parts guy was dead helpful. Bolts are 1p each, cost about £16 in total. I did it myself and seized/rusted...
  15. qwertyuiop021

black alloys with red stripe picture request

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?80254-Trixz-s-Yellow-Ep3&highlight=Yellow Page one about halfway down boss
Back