• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Rolo

1. Rolo

Stretched Timing Chain, Camshaft sensor, EML

Didnt think it needed to, will confirm that to the garage. In two minds whether to get the chain done, but then again might be other problems, or cut my losses. Thanks for the replies, its a difficult choice.
  2. Rolo

it was run low back in January, topped up, mechanic had a look and states now its completely empty Does the Engine need to be removed to change the chain?? garage is looking into this and cost.
  3. Rolo

EML light on. wouldn't start, misfiring. Now at garage, mechanic diagnosed/showed error as camshaft sensor, (been replaced), something blown off manifold, timing chain jumping, missing teeth etc. Possible oil leak leading to oil starvation creating the above, car is on 127k. Anything else...
  4. Rolo

Type S / Type R Tailgates & Spoiler

Hopefully an easy question, is there any differences between the EP3 sport & type R tailgates? so the type r spoiler will fit both ?
  5. Rolo

Battery flicker and expansion tank

Today checking the levels, after some digging on the net, my radiator expansion tank is empty and very loose, looks like its been rubbing and now has a whole at the bottom. (new tank) Ok to drive like this till I can get it booked in the garage
  6. Rolo

Front JDM arb

Purchased 2nd hand, trawled thought the internet looking for pics and some look similar & some look nothing alike, is it bent in the middle or thats how they differ from uk ones ??
  7. Rolo

Newbie Pics Silver Civic Type R - 100k

Adjustable cam gear Tensioner Chain How much for the above items to help with the skunk2 items ? Would it help if the cams & valve springs already in the head, easy swapover or more involved ?
  8. Rolo

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Thanks for the responses, very helpful, wont clutter up Petes thread, might need advise on the extra add ons advisable but will use my thread. You coming to the midlands star meet pete ?
  9. Rolo

Hey Pete, hows things, hopefully getting skunk2 stage 2 cams & valve springs, anything else required besides a remap, will have to book myself in at TDI soon. Whats next for you..... ?
  10. Rolo

Great exhaust esp the twin back box, I went for the 3" rolled tip (not fitted yet) Out of interest, how much to fit the cams and remap also?
  11. Rolo

Remap - Newb Question

Can you get reflashed ecu, these hondata ? Unsure how much a remapping costs ? (I will need one in the future)
  12. Rolo

Remap - Newb Question

You can swap your current ecu for k100 £500 or kpro £700+ plus remapping. Usually garages will advise you on what maps to run. K100 have locked in maps and Kpro maps are open to tweeking. Others will be along to explain in more detail.
  13. Rolo

People probably think im doing the same, reving the car for attention, prob because of the cold, will be looking to remap at TDI at some point, prob sort exhaust, maybe manifold, got a tegiwa airbox unsure if I like it or not. Excellent gains on all the mods, I'd like to achieve the same...
  14. Rolo

it was a good deal, that couldnt be missed on the kpro. On start up its revving to 2000-3000 revs, when stop does the same again, untill its warm (5 mins) and acts normal, plus the exhaust is banging against something at the rear, sounds 100 times louder than it should. Would like to attend...
  15. Rolo

Im good, few niggles with the car, just passed 102k. I've got kpro now, so might affect me when I remap that. Would love a toda or twin loop....... Will sort some pictures out in the daylight, how's thing with you ? The Midlands meet is good, usually Star City Birmingham, not sure when/if...
Back