• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by romcorin

1. R

FN2 bushes

Had a quote for fitting the Powerflex rear beam bushes from a reputable Indy garage of £375. I hope that includes the dreaded VAT otherwise that's £125 p/h, which is way OTT for an Independent. That's main dealer labour rate.
  2. R

FN2 bushes

To replace parts as they wear out, that's why. Rear of my FN2 creaks going over full width traffic calming measures that I can't avoid everyday and also when turning into/out of the drive to the road over angled pavements. So it's beam bushes first(being the PITA that they are both in terms of...
  3. R

FN2 bushes

I ordered the Powerflex (Purple) rear beam bushes last week and they arrived within 48hrs. I was surprised at the size of the things, but then you think about the work they've gotta do. Just have to get them fitted now.
  4. R

Suspension Part Numbers

Sachs Rear Shocks @ECP at the moment are £153 list, but they have a deal on which makes a pair of Sachs rear shocks £200 +some pennies. Are there any pitfalls buying these from eurocarparts? I don't see any matching part numbers (how do you check?), so I guess I'll just have to go with what...
  5. R

Suspension Part Numbers

Was having a look through the above to see the price of FN2 struts front & rear. Should I take the prices with a pinch of salt Wilmo? £121.20 for fronts & rears.... Cox are asking £248 for one rear shock. That's what their website implies because it shows an image of just the shock absorber...
  6. R

FN2 full underbody protection

Can't fit me until 19th January 2021 at the earliest and quote was £560+vat at 20%.... Right in the middle of crappy salt season.
  7. R

FN2 full underbody protection

Hi. I am thinking about having the full Dinitrol treatment for underneath my FN2. The business in question will want to steam clean everything underneath before starting the treatment. Is this to be advised given all the age of the electrical components in the car? What I mean is are the wiring...
  8. R

FN2 FN2 paint correction and ceramic coating

Me too as the NHB paint is suffering from stone chips, swirls and some overspray contamination to both rear threequarterpanels. I've cleaned the car a few times recently and I can see and feel primer overspray stuck to the paint.
  9. R

Just bought a new Type R (FN2) Bronze

They're nice Commander. Can I see two shades of silver on the rim or is it the light? Are you selling the other set of OEM 18's? Mark
  10. R

'57 Milano FN2 - First Hot Hatch

Nice positive review Chaz. You had a three hour drive back with the new clutch - any difference to the feel of it? Perhaps the notchy gear changes will get easier after the clutch has bedded in. Those guys do seem to rattle through the jobs, working all hours....
  11. R

'57 Milano FN2 - First Hot Hatch

How did you find the Honda HQ experience? Did you provide the exedy clutch kit or is that something they keep on the shelf? I'd like to know because my FN2 will need a clutch and rear beam bushes soon, but I'll be supplying the parts. If they are well versed in both jobs then I'll consider...
  12. R

FN2 bushes

Ta Wilmo, I know about the rear beam ones only coming attached to a new beam so I certainly won't be going that route. They'll be getting replaced with Poly's. As for the front, I dont mind paying Honda for the lower arms with the bushes already in. They're only £250 each from Cox and once...
  13. R

FN2 bushes

Are replacement OE rubber bushes available separately from Honda, or is it the same case when it comes to needing new rear beam bushes? Otherwise I'll also be looking for some polyurethane replacement bushes. My FN2 will be 11 years old in March and the suspension has to deal with some very bad...
  14. R

FN2 heating problem

Oh I make sure I'm sat in the car if I'm just leaving it running for 20 mins. Anyway, I took it back in early January, and they had a few hours to look at it and topped up the coolant FOC. It still takes a wee bit longer than it previously did to get the heater up to temp, but on the whole it's...
  15. R

How-To replace the gear stick gaiter on a FN2

At long last I bought a replacement leather gaiter for my FN2 before Christmas. Mine though has been made with many pieces of leather that have been sewn together vertically with red stitching, and weirdly, horizontally as well halfway up the gaiter. Don't know if this a new design, and...
Back