• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Sacrificial Pawn

1. Sacrificial Pawn

Big loud Thuds while braking (scary) :(

I'll be watching this thread. Had this a couple of times now intermittently. It is scary but I've never found anything wrong...well, bar forgetting to tighten the wheel nuts when I did the discs. :rolleyes: But, it’s still happening after I’d (Newannaive) sorted that.
  2. Sacrificial Pawn

Why is ** censored?

Spec 4 doesn't look as good as Spec IV when moaning about my rattly baffles. :(
  3. Sacrificial Pawn

Grooved discs and Red Stuff pads - problem, knocking

'Utter chap!' doesn't quite put my point across on this occasion. :lol:
  4. Sacrificial Pawn

30AE - Tein SS and Spoon Mani

Best suited to the EP3 IMO; love mine! I was gutted when I didn't get my finger out and buy these off you in the first place.
  5. Sacrificial Pawn

30AE - Tein SS and Spoon Mani

Really not a fan of the NHB, P1's and mugen wing combo! ;) :lol: It's a minter mate; obviously love the way your car looks. :cool:
  6. Sacrificial Pawn

Yeah, those bits where a PITA to get in! Probably it then; get them out and file all the thick red paint off. :cool:
  7. Sacrificial Pawn

O right. What benefit would that have? I've fitted the shims that come on the OEM pads anyway. Presume it just reduces pad width?
  8. Sacrificial Pawn

Cheers. :) They're chamferred on the leading edge; which part did you mean to file? Toe-in of the pad. Used to have it on bikes to stabilise the disc before applying braking pressure. Don't know if the same applies to cars TBH. Thinking I might swap the direction round.
  9. Sacrificial Pawn

I fitted some new grooved discs and EBC Red Stuff pads from a group buy at the weekend. All was fine and dandy, bedding in nicely until I had a long drive to work yesterday. They began knocking very badly at low speeds; traffic crawling speed. As if the pads were catching every groove...
  10. Sacrificial Pawn

What's in your Civic?

My OEM airbox and manifold cover screws in the ash tray. £5 at the back of my furry pocket. Loads of crap in my car; dread to think whats lurking in the boot.
  11. Sacrificial Pawn

Spec IV baffles - repack/replace

Any idea what the bore is on the Spoon B-Pipe? Supersprint unsilenced is 2" but thought the BC exhausts were 2.5"?
  12. Sacrificial Pawn

:lol: **** the bed! :eek:
  13. Sacrificial Pawn

Haven't heard of them; some JDM rarity? It's a gutting feeling; mine's actually folded over slightly. Hit it so hard in a multi-storey the other day it snapped the springs off as it pulled the silencer and b-pipe apart. :eek:
  14. Sacrificial Pawn

I've been looking for a video like that since I bought a Type R!!!! Nice one. :cool:
Back