• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by scottytyper

1. scottytyper

Detailer needed in South Wales area

Not sure if you managed to find anyone but crystal clear detainers in Swansea are **** hot they get people travelling from all over the uk coming to them. They have a fb page.
  2. scottytyper

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

The grilles are different. The dealership has confirmed the issue with the normal civics are different to the type r civics, but there is also an issue with the sensors on them.
  3. scottytyper

Oh dear, they’ve not given me a cheque or anything. Just a reference to give the dealer which has £200 credit.
  4. scottytyper

Just an update, ive had this off Honda: I pleased to advise that the countermeasure for the replacement grille is now in its final stages and they should be available to all the dealerships very soon, I’m afraid that we don’t have an exact date as to when these will be available. They've also...
  5. scottytyper

To confuse this. The Honda dealer in Swansea insisted this issue wasn't the same as the other civics They said they sent the diagnostics off from my sensors to Honda and they noticed it wasn't the same sensor issues other honda civics were having. Hence why they wanted to try other things. It...
  6. scottytyper

Today it’s suddenly started happening again so it’s not a fix! Spoken to my local dealer and their going back to Honda to see what they suggest next! As you say it stops when you pick up speed but at lights it’s annoying! Will keep you updated with what they try next! It wasn’t even raining...
  7. scottytyper

Haha it’s bad that I actually did check that they still work and didn’t just disconnect them! Shows the trust I had in them!!
  8. scottytyper

I’ve been sat trying to work out how to upload photos off an iPhone for ten mins, I give up! I’ve checked the photos of my previous grille and this one and both look identical. It may well be thinner *** I’m just going off photos. Something’s definitely changed though. It’s rained again today...
  9. scottytyper

Hi mate, Yea ** take some photos and have a proper look tommorow, I haven't really paid that much attention to it, but having said that the sensors haven't gone off today and we've had light rain (when they'd usually go off) so something is different!
  10. scottytyper

Yea there's sensors in there, think there's the two central ones under neath the actual mesh part with type r logo, they said it slightly differs so I can only presume it's angled differently so they rain won't sit on it, only time/ rain will tell!
  11. scottytyper

Hahah I had a chip in mine off a poxy boulder judging by the size of it! At least I've got something out of it even if the sensors are still knackered!
  12. scottytyper

Just an update on the progress with my car, they've changed the front grille today, so I've got a brand new section where the red H is located. I'm not sure what's different about this one to the other one but ** wait for the next rainy day and see if the sensors go off!
  13. scottytyper

I took my car in they tried something with the sensor placement but it doesn't work, it's going back in Monday again because they now want to change the grille. I honestly don't know how they can't fix it! It's dangerous
  14. scottytyper

Another update guys.... my local dealership just rang (Swansea - Archer13), Honda have contacted them after i went direct to them and think they've found a fix, my cars going in next Thursday for them to fit the part and see if that works.....** let you all know how it goes. It does look like...
  15. scottytyper

For those of you who have this issue I had a response back from Honda today....hopefully it can be sorted soon! I can confirm that the stage that we are at with this issue is that the factory are currently at the final stage of investigations. A fix has been found for this but the parts are...
Back