• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Sf01457

1. S

EP 3 Radio Antenna

Hi The radio reception on my ‘05 EP3 has become poor recently. I suspect that there may be an amplifier somewhere between the roof aerial and radio which is failing? Can anybody confirm this and, if possible, suggest a replacement? Cheers Steve
  2. S

EP3 Idle unstable.

Well I did what you suggested and it’s all sorted. Thanks for your help. Cheers Steve
  3. S

EP3 Idle unstable.

So this is the part that looks like a temperature sender, with a hose to the side of rubber intake pipe and one to the intake manifold itself? Always wondered what that was and did! I’ll give that a try. Thanks for your help!
  4. S

EP3 Idle unstable.

Hello I have an issue with my ‘05 EP3. It is completely standard, 68k. On cold start it jumps to 2200 rpm and slowly drops to 850 when at normal running temp, it used to be 1500 rpm and down to 850 well before it was at normal running temp. The idle, once warm, is unstable, 700-1200rpm, near...
  5. S

Plated/Coated front brake discs?

Thanks for the info, I’ll take a look. Cheers
  6. S

Well that answers that question, thanks! With only 4000 miles on them, I might check the cost of getting them skimmed? Once you factor in new pads it could come to the same price as new though, I suspect. Cheers
  7. S

Thread resurrection for sure! Fitted Pagid discs and they were fine at first. Done 4000 miles on them and they are now rusting at an alarming rate! The rust is creeping up from the hub and they sound rough on brake application. Are the Brembo high carbon discs any better?
  8. S

EP3 2002 JDM EP3 Calipers

Hi As far as I understand, FN2 and EP3 callipers are the same, other than they are exchanged left to right due to their fitted position on the hub carrier. If JDM EP3 brakes are the same as European EP3, they should fit just fine. Cheers Steve
  9. S

ep3 clutch

Use ordinary DOT brake fluid.
  10. S

ep3 original headlights

New oem are about £150 and pattern around £100. Refurb has given good results for me, but you need to repeat regularly once you do it as the process removes the UV protection from the polycarbonate lens. Cheers
  11. S

ep3 clutch

The clutch is hydraulic, no cable. Check the small reservoir next to the brake filler cap for fluid first. Might be air or leak in system? Having been stood, it could be stuck down so check if you have drive but remember to keep the handbrake on in case it releases suddenly and jumps forward...
  12. S

Ep3 fog light blanks

When I fitted fog lights to my face lift EP3, the “covers” were part of the bumper. They needed to be cut off, in 4 spots around them. If they do sell replacement blanks, I’d be interested to know.
  13. S

Fn2 or ep3 for a daily car

Loxy has the best advice you will get with this! As an example, I went down this decision path. The extra creature comforts and more modern appearance steered my decision to FN2. I arranged test drives and found that my proportions, 6’2” but with relatively long legs and short body, cannot...
  14. S

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Front and rear calipers today. New callipers and carriers on the front and just calipers on rear. I’ll have a go at a recon on the old ones if the piston bores look OK. Hmm, silver or red?
  15. S

EP3 shocks, Sachs, Bilstein B4 or OEM?

Good to hear! When you remove the 2 bolts holding the strut to the hub carrier, they will be different from one another if one is a “camber” bolt. The struts on mine, standard springs and shocks, were very easy to do. No spring compressor needed and good access to bolts. If you are not...
Back