• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by SirJam

1. SirJam

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

I know that frustration well, washed the car last weekend only for there to be so called sahara rain a day or two after. Looked like I'd been off roading through the desert. I've got the Gtechniq Perfect Glass Care Kit to try out, should clean up and seal the glass nicely. My dad wanted...
  2. SirJam

**FOUND** STANCE DAILY'S PHOENIX YELLOW TURBO EP3 STOLEN!

Saw this had been stolen over on Facebook, glad to hear it's now been found and returned.
  3. SirJam

Garage Recommendations, Preston.

Did you ever use TGM or Eurospec? Haven't had any work done on my car yet but I had considered doing the same and heading northwards based on the recommendations. Sorry if I've slightly hijacked the thread.
  4. SirJam

HAR-VEY's NHB ep3 * 9J wheel pics added*

Definitely looking good. The bronze/NHB combo works very well, thinking of going with bronze Enkei RPF1s when I get round to it.
  5. SirJam

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

It just so happens I'm doing mine the other way round; restored the headlights today making the car look ten times better, and slowly looking towards working on the paint. Bought a DA, clay, the whole lot ready but the lights were the main reason for looking into it all. Going to post up a build...
  6. SirJam

Weird noise when starting??

Apparently it's the pin not disengaging quickly enough after starting, you can change the starter but it probably won't be long before it starts making the same noise again. My car does the same, as above that's what I've read elsewhere on the forum.
  7. SirJam

Common Civic Faults

I had a similar experience with my EP3, jerky steering and tramlining a lot more than I thought should be normal. I booked it in for the first service and MOT I'd had done since owning the car from October last year and they replaced both 'front lower arm bushes with anti roll bar drop links'...
  8. SirJam

How to fool and reset airbag system.

That was my thinking, either way I'm sure this guide will come in handy. Thanks!
  9. SirJam

How to fool and reset airbag system.

Is the reset required if the wheel change and the above steps to fool the system are done in the one sitting? Thinking about changing the wheel on my EP3 to a non airbag and a quick release, mainly for security when it's parked outside overnight.
  10. SirJam

EP3 Honda Civic Type R EP3 Fuel

I'd say that's 80% economical/standard driving and 20% spirited/vtec, or thereabouts.
  11. SirJam

EP3 Honda Civic Type R EP3 Fuel

I've not had the car long, since October, and I seem to be averaging about 220 miles per tank on Shell V-Power Nitro+. That's without any motorway driving and just local trips.
  12. SirJam

Brake fade problem

New dicks? Got a part number on those? :p In all serious though that doesn't sound right. How are they now? I'm no mechanic but the last time my brake pedal was like that was when my Peugeot 205's brakes failed with one of the rear drum cylinders ****ing brake fluid. Perhaps check you have no...
  13. SirJam

Correct oil checking method

I've had a look in the manual to see if there's an indicator whether hot or cold is preferable, I hadn't actually given it much thought till now. It says to "wait a few minutes after turning the engine off before you check the oil", the diesel model has a note to check the engine oil level when...
Back