• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by sloppy

1. S

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

sounds like 'salesmanship' to me (i.e. lying), Honda website explains it here, http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/fixed-price-service-plan.html unsure if this would be adjusted depending on the type of Honda, but the website doesn't suggest that.
  2. S

hahahaha the Derby crew just dropped the price of their car by £2k, right after the episode with me. What a bunch of idiots - if they had actually bothered to listen to me, or, do their own research to see what other new Type R's were going for - and dropped their price in accordance - I'd...
  3. S

yes, you are an expert driver and much quicker than me, please take note everyone before MattC starts feeling inadequate again :rolleyes: how about we settle this at palmersport? PM me.
  4. S

lol. I had an FK2 for a year and 15k miles courtesy of Honda (long story). infact here's me driving it for the first time ever on a cold december at donnington back in 2015. (ignore my mate shouting his head off, he's a youtuber, its his job). no doubt, i had fun. i'm actually laughing the...
  5. S

Yup I've been looking at low mileage m235i's too then adding 2k for the diff from Birds. My main issue with the beemers is suspension and whether it will feel stiff enough. I love the type R for its borderline race car stiffness and quick steering, but I've no idea if the M lite or even M...
  6. S

Called em up this morning –got my reserve deposit refunded. The attitude of the salesman (Thomas) was shocking – this was Vertu Honda in Derby – I’d like my deposit back please. “why” Just want to take my time, consider a few other cars, test drive a few bmw’s. “let me speak to my...
  7. S

i suppose i'm looking at this the wrong way too...i shouldn't think of it as an asset. Its a toy thats costing me £30k which will be paid over 3 years. I need to view it as such and not think about depreciation. Yeh i agree, it is overpriced. I'm going to bide my time and call up other dealers...
  8. S

it is yeh. I'm really confused about it - this whole thing about VAT and how you lose 20% immediately, or something. all i'm trying to understand is what price i'd be able to sell it back to a dealer for a year from now. and - i honestly don't think i'd enjoy the car enough to justify losing...
  9. S

hi folks. I just reserved a black FK8 type R GT with 3700 miles on it, for £31k, registered in 2017. I am now getting cold feet, having realised the depreciation hit on the car after 1 year, and thinking of getting my £500 deposit refunded. So my question is this. How much do you think i...
  10. S

Ready to buy FK8 - what should i know, wheeler dealer wise?

yes i should have clarified, i don't need the loan for the full value! just part, 20k. my credit score is perfect, decent earnings no debts etc.etc... so confident i can get a 3% loan. Will be very surprised if honda can match that! Even if they did - it'd be hire purchase or PCP and i do'nt...
  11. S

Ready to buy FK8 - what should i know, wheeler dealer wise?

Hi folks, wasn't sure where to post this. Probation period finished at work, and i'm ready to take out a bank loan, put a deposit down and buy a nearly new FK8 (GT). (not even considering finance, i want to do track days and keep changing my car every year so want to own it) Is there...
Back