• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by smithers

1. S

What's it worth Cosmic 05

I got 13k for my 54plate ac with 30k miles on it trade in - think i got a good deal :D that's 2k depreciation over 2 years, 2 services, 4 tyres and 1 yrs tax - so 3k cost total - not bad at all 8)
  2. S

Different size front to back?

sorry, missed this - I had this as well, which resulted in me almost totalling my car.... think it was because the rears were new, fronts were part worn, as they have settled down now. needless to say i won't be mixing tyres again
  3. S

Flakey Badge

They are lees than £20 incl VAT, although this is a bit steep imo
  4. S

trying too hard...

possibly, although it was after 9pm - I should get out more and less work :oops:
  5. S

trying too hard...

#tbh most of my driving is done on long stretches of motorway or dual carriageway which is why I haven't noticed before... they seem to be getting a little bit more snatchy than when I first got it, but they are still leagues better than half the cars I have had in the past. I think the...
  6. S

trying too hard...

think I was trying a bit too hard to beat my time home last night... after 8 miles of country roads I had boiled the brake fluid :oops: good job it goes in for a service soon.... not used to horrific brake fade in the ctr - the r5 was another story though :lol: anyone else suffered...
  7. S

Another crashed CTR

I'm surprised! that doesn't look like a write off to me... what reg / value was the car? I did a lot worse to mine and it was reapired :oops: *edit* ahh, missed the wonky wheels!
  8. S

Premier CTR Values

seen unregistered cars for 15.5k as well... not a good time to sell
  9. S

Your tyre reviews

I know, but just need to wear out the bridgestones to be replaced - 12k miles on the rear and they still had 8mm left on them...
  10. S

Your tyre reviews

toyo t1-r fitted to rear (oem front) car is now a lot more twitchy on the rear - you get a lot more feel but ultimately feels like there is less grip at the limit - all conditions. Could be partially due to the oem fronts, but prob a softer sidewall? I actually prefer them as they tell...
  11. S

Does cold weather affect fuel economy

yes, but that means you don't need to put your foot down as hard to get the same level of performance... then again, doesn't mean to say you don't want to use those few extra ponies :twisted:
  12. S

Does cold weather affect fuel economy

colder air = better fuel economy (denser air = less fuel reqd), but cold engine = worse fuel economy, so short runs = worse economy :D (generally)
Back