• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by smokedog

1. smokedog

Make way for the CTR !

You wouldn't want to know what I think ;)
  2. smokedog

My S2000- Update 10/7/09

I think I prefer the standard look with a nice set of wheels. Bodykits are a bit too fast and furious, unless you live in Essex.
  3. smokedog

Car-jacked/ Stolen from Whalley Range, Manchester

Nyaowww did they find your car? I was a victim of car jacking too in Manchester, just a stone throw away from Whalley Range. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34970 I'm glad I'm no longer living in Manchester, I feel a lot safer now.
  4. smokedog

S2000 09 plate.

I saw a moonrock 57plate with 4k on the clock for £16,999 at a main dealers with room for negotiation... I was temped too.
  5. smokedog

CTR AE30 to Z4

The couple is only available in 3ltr I wouldn't call it slow, might only be slightly quick than a CTR. But I didn't base my purchase on speed. I needed an all-round car: - Quite rare, only 8 on sale on Pistonheads. - Loads of toys, Sav Nav, rain sensors, auto headlights, 10 speaker system...
  6. smokedog

CTR AE30 to Z4

I wanted to save some money, the Z4 can return 39mpg on long runs.
  7. smokedog

CTR AE30 to Z4

After 4 years of CTR ownership Goodbye CTR and hello Z4
  8. smokedog

Time to say goodbye

Sad days... I'm in the same boat. Picking up my Z4 couple on Saturday, after 4 years of CTR ownership. My CTR was only worth £2.5k trade "52 plate AE30" but this was mainly because it was a stolen recovery. Loved the CTR was almost temped to get a S2000.
  9. smokedog

FN2 (Pics Included) - Type-r Now in Championship White!

Seen one today when I took my EP3 in for some work. Looked very nice and was temped to make a purchase... then came to my sense £20k+ for a Honda Civic is too much :eek:
  10. smokedog

Red H Centre caps

Already know they are available for a bargain price of £80 at Honda. Looking to get them for a less day-light robbery price, ebay seems to be the only place I can get them.
  11. smokedog

Red H Centre caps

Thanks for the reply guys but I'm after the whole centre cap, not vinyl graphics.
  12. smokedog

Red H Centre caps

Anyone know where I can get them for at a reasonable price?
  13. smokedog

Engine misfiring

The misfire doesn't happen that often and normally its just the once or twice in a journey. But I noticed the car does feel sluggish and jerky when changing gears. It's only been about 5k seen my last major service, but I did take it down to ABP so that could explain it :rolleyes:
  14. smokedog

Engine misfiring

Nope no lights, just a pop from the exhaust.
  15. smokedog

Engine misfiring

Normally after a few minutes of driving from cold or when at low revs in a high gear. The car splutters and feels like it's starving for fuel, then when you rev it, it msifires. Did a bit of research and it could be the ignition coil. Anyone else experience a similar problem and how much is...
Back