• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by SteveD

1. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

I agree, my +R is fine for the road too. But I think they’ve changed the parameters within the different settings for the new car. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

Odd review. Especially as he's clearly driving an older GT in the first part of the track drive (leather wheel). Do agree with him that the furry steering wheel in the 2020 is a Covid-rich breeding ground!
  3. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-volkswagen-golf-gti-vs-honda-civic-type-r/n21993?utm_source=20200926&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=enews%20bulletin&utm_content=WCAR%20Enews%20bulletin%20-%2026.09.20::story1_button
  4. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

Great review... but without direct comparison to flag up any subtle improvements, most of it could be said about the pre-face car too... and the actual price of a new GT (or the de-winged ‘Manx cat’ Sportline) in blue, would be £35,670.00, not the £32,820 as stated (that’s for the standard car...
  5. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

Yes, the 2020 knob is the only upgrade I'd like. It's particularly sweet because it's like the original Integra DC2 one. Let's see if we can get a group buy or something going!
  6. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

Current issue of US mag Motortrend have a review of the new CTR within a comparison with a other 'hot compacts' ....plot spoiler: the Honda easily wins... otherall completely favourable review apart from a small mention of the suspension "The retuned, quicker-sampling dampers numb the ride a bit...
  7. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

I'm feeling pretty chuffed now about getting one of the last (discounted) '2019' models (actually built March 2020) to replace my much loved 2017. The old one was so bloody brilliant, I had a feeling they might over egg the pudding with the facelift!
  8. S

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

https://youtu.be/0DFcQ-0wLGc
  9. S

Good point... well put... but he’s always liked the way it drives - watch the Top Gear ‘Japanese episode’ race against the Lexus coupe for a pretty overwhelming complementary verdict. I don’t think he ever liked the Type R looks though! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. S

Yes, probably during lock-down too - using suposedly furloughed staff!!
  11. S

There’s a lot of 2020 CTR’s arriving in the states judging by the number of collection videos on YouTube. Plus lots of tests too... overall they’re favourable but no direct comparisons to the old model. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. S

If driving hero Chris Harris reckons alcantara shouldn’t go anywhere near a road car steering wheel then that’s all I need to know...! Seriously, annoys me because this change and the sound thing are probably decisions by the Honda marketing dept rather than the engineers... Sent from my...
  13. S

I played the Carwow joker by getting the best prices from three dealers then simply went back to my original supplying dealer (Yeoman/Guildford) and asked them to beat the best deal. Not all colours were available, red and polished metal being the most prolific, in fact my local dealer (Norwich)...
  14. S

I must be a bit of a pussy as mine is still running the original brakes at 25,000 (2/3rds down) and it’s second set of tyres are barely worn too. That includes a couple of track days too... never experienced the much publicised gear-box bulking issues either... really can’t fault the car at all...
  15. S

I too have had a Sonic since 2017. It's been one of the best cars I've ever owned. Easily equal to my 2 x DC2's. Only fault is the common buzz from the dashboard (only occurs in very hot conditions). So I can't think I'd improve anything really. Even the colour is the best option. As a...
Back