• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Stratts

1. S

FK8 FK8 test drive

How strange. Does the issue exist amongst FK2 owners at all? It has the same gearbox doesn't it? I need to drive another one but finding one in a dealer locally is not easy. Their must be an issue of some kind which I am very surprised with Honda.
  2. S

FK8 FK8 test drive

Hi bud. It made a loud crunch noise going from 4th to 3rd or possibly 3rd to second I can't remember. But throughout the drive it felt very notchy.
  3. S

FK8 FK8 test drive

Thanks for you investigation. I have also been looking. I am a little shocked that Honda have allowed this issue to continue. Honda boxes was always fantastic back in my days. Drove many S2000' s and NA Type R cars and always found them silky smooth and precise and just a joy to use. I just...
  4. S

FK8 FK8 test drive

Hi buddy I live in Hedon East Yorkshire. I must say I was blown away with the car and how it felt. But the gearbox was not what I expected. It was just crunchy and not at all smooth. Like I say I came straight home and got my 2008 FN2 out of the garage with only 19000 miles to compare and the...
  5. S

FK8 FK8 test drive

Hi guys as some of you may have read I posted earlier this week on some advice regarding modding an FN2 or buying a New FK8. The consensus seemed to be with buying the FK8. So I went today and had a test drive in a 2018 FK8 with 17000 miles on it before signing for a new one. They allowed...
  6. S

FK8 FN2 to FK8 advice

Hi guys, So i actually bought an FN2 Type R recently with 19k miles on the clock. I had a plan to either Supercharge or Turbo the car as a weekend. They look pretty amazing boosted. However, i started thinking about costs and re-sale values. I estimated i would spend approx £15000 on the...
  7. S

FN2 Newbie tuning advice please

You had an EP3 not an FN2? Sounds like a lot of fun!! Seen a nice supercharged EP3 on officially gassed YouTube channel. It's got a Jackson's Supercharger on it running approx 300bhp with a Today exhaust. I must admit that sounds amazing and it seems the perfect power and power delivery for...
  8. S

FN2 Mugen rear spoiler

Not sure which I like better the subtle Tegiwa add on or Mugen
  9. S

FN2 Mugen rear spoiler

Hi guys I am a new owner of an FN2 Type R. I am debating between getting the Tegiwa Rear Carbon add on spoiler or the Mugen one. The genuine Mugen spoiler is crazy expensive, I have seen a few good looking copies but are they rubbish or are some actually almost as good as the original...
  10. S

Wow do you know how much it is to Forge a K20 .
  11. S

Do you still have the Type R. Wow 12000 miles and no issues, that's impressive. My dilemma is very similar to many on here I think. Deciding if it is worth spending the money doing a turbo conversion. Or is it better to just buy an FK2 or FK8? The only thing I like about the FN2 turbo is the...
  12. S

Wow 460bhp!!! I can't believe the standard motor took that. Did you drive it hard a lot and how many miles did you do with the turbo? I have been told the engines are ok up to just under 400bhp but after watching a car on YouTube running at 400bhp with a turbo literally blow a hand sized...
  13. S

Can I ask for you running with stock internals? How was the reliability?
  14. S

Looks very nice. Does anybody know whose car it was? 67 k miles is a lot higher than the one I have put deposit on which is only 19k.
  15. S

Already watched it. Lol Bit too much i would be happy with 350-400bhp on the road. But its right at the point of forge or not forge and it costs 8k to do it.
Back