• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Strebork

1. Strebork

Driveshaft heatshield

Kev, you can''t miss it when you get under the car. Jack it up and its on the drivers side. A short extension will be needed for a couple of the nuts. Think there's only 4 or 5 of them. Once off, use two sockets and a bolt in a vice to compress the spacers on the heatsheild. Don't over tighten...
  2. Strebork

unusual noise between 3000 and 4000rpm

Well still not sorted out the rattle, but the grinding turned out to be the suspension spring... On full lock the spring rotates a little. Does this on both sides, but for some reason it was the left one that was making all the noise. A spray of some lube seems to have done the job.
  3. Strebork

unusual noise between 3000 and 4000rpm

Mine has quite literally just started to rattle, that and the grinding steering rack when going to full lock to the left. All in the last week :( Is my car telling me something or is it just my timing :rolleyes:
  4. Strebork

Best Type

Have to agree with frag, other than that, not really much difference.
  5. Strebork

Centre Console Light

I'm going to have a look at mine once i'm off shift... Need to have a closer look at that switch block :)
  6. Strebork

Centre Console Light

IIRC, there isn't. The bulb in mine has gone too and had a look at the unit. It looks like you'd have to replace the whole thing so I just ignored the face I only have two lights there instead of three.
  7. Strebork

What's your age? Do you drive a Type R?

If only I could round here. 43 atm with a cosmic EP3. need to get back on track ;)
  8. Strebork

Incosemomesic - Dodgy User

Dissapear for a little while and look at what I miss :-k
  9. Strebork

HOT Snetterton 07/03/09…

First post after the day :D Two words... BLOODY BRILLIANT! Thanks to Lottie, HOT and LOT. It has been a fantastic day and was really good to see so many of us down there. And of course a big thanks to all the other nutters driving out there, a good clean days fun had by all 8) Was...
  10. Strebork

haynes manual

IIRC the answer is NO. Would like one myself, but the only thing I've found is an electronic civic workshop manual. Not brilliant, but better than nothing. Covers most things, but is really old :(
  11. Strebork

wind deflectors... any good?

I've got a set of the Heko one, had them on the car for all of two days. Found the gap wasn't any good for smoking and god forbid you get your finger caught between the window and the deflector... Sharp edges, very sharp :oops: If I can be bothered, I'd go for the decent JDM ones. So if anyone...
  12. Strebork

My new reason to get up in the morning

Oooh shiny :D Looks mint :) Not sure about the thing dangling from the rear view though :lol:
  13. Strebork

HOT Snetterton 07/03/09…

Its surprising just how loud 105db is. Not sure, but a lot of car audio places can also do a noise test. Just let them think you are thinking of a new system ;) Looking forward to meeting you all again :D
Back