• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Stuart89

1. S

EP3 Roll centre adjusters

All they do is fix the issues brought on by lowering the car so its not surprising that you didnt notice a difference when fitting them along with other suspension parts. If you haven't lowered the car you don't need them, if you have then you absolutely do.
  2. S

VTC gear

Hello, I had the cold start up rattle and fixed it, but I changed the VTC gear, timing chain, timing chain tensioner and chain guides all at the same time. When the car was rattling I had my head under the bonnet when someone else started it and the rattling was very clearly coming from under...
  3. S

Lowering springs ruining the car?

Oh you guys...
  4. S

So, you want me to buy a new set of dampers, fit lowering springs and test the car because you dont understand the point of this thread? Yeah, Ill get right on that. Maybe you should explain why dampers will affect the LCA angle? Lewis, that is absolutely not what Im saying, you have no idea...
  5. S

It would be great if you could at least read the thread before posting.
  6. S

1. Never said I was an expert but being an engineer does afford you the ability to understand how mechanical equipment works beyond your average layman. 2. The outcome would be the same, as someone whos studied engineering you should know this from the evidence provided. The problem is NOT...
  7. S

There is only one right answer, I listened to opinion when I lowered the car, it was a mistake. They are after all only opinions. I brought evidence to support my side, you've brought none. People keep talking about dampers and cling onto it as the answer, I have told you it is not, but still...
  8. S

I started the thread because after hearing the opinions of people on this forum claiming a lowered car and a FRSU made a day and night improvement, doing it and finding it ruined the car I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience. After posting I continued researching into it and...
  9. S

I dont get that. Im a Mechanical Engineer, you guys make it out as if Im preaching this to the masses, I have answered questions directed at me in MY thread. I have provided evidence to support my position, read it and decide for yourself if you agree with it.
  10. S

All of the answers you need have been posted in this topic so I don't see the need to repeat myself, comparing to race cars is a bottomless hole, you can run a good set of coilovers and improve the handling. The car can be dropped slightly and still be fine, but I mean slightly, having to...
  11. S

Race teams aren't but you certainly are. There are many reasons race cars go lower, centre of gravity is only one of them, aerodynamics is another. Do not forget that race cars are purpose built machines and share very little with your civic, just go look at a BTCC car. I've seen a mondeo...
  12. S

With all of the above it will work, but the mere fact you need to do all that should be ringing alarm bells. This work is needed for ALL lowering after 25mm, not just excessive like you say. Then you get to deal with the small suspension travel and bouncy ride. There is no reason to lower...
  13. S

This is wrong, but feel free to follow it. Progressive springs are better, but not on this car. Progressive springs on the rear is fine, but ask yourself why aren't they on the front? I do recommend standard springs or coilovers while keeping the standard height, the height is...
  14. S

Because of the suspension design you need to keep the lower control arms below horizontal, progressive springs are soft at the start of travel and get progressively stiffer as they compress which is good for comfort but bad for our car, you want it to be stiff at the start of travel to keep...
  15. S

Hey, You will get away with it, pro-kit gives 25mm/15mm drop for a type s, type r is already 20mm lower from the factory so the drop is only around 5mm. The are progressive which is not what you want but it shouldn't be a problem. I think you will be amazed how much better it will handle...
Back