• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by T66Gal

1. T66Gal

NHB EP3 06 Premier Edition

May 2020- Hope everyone is keeping well. Thought it was about time to update this thread. After finishing the arches and rust prevention works I did a few small jobs in the engine bay and serviced the tegiwa intake. I managed to improve the fitment and added the later edition Tegiwa emblem...
  2. T66Gal

I managed to finally finish the underseal work- I applied the aerosol Tetrosyl Tetra Schutz as a base coat followed by Hammerite Underbody seal with a brush. I did struggle with the aerosol as it did tend to block-up the spray nozzle. I'm guessing this would not happen with a proper spray gun...
  3. T66Gal

Thanks for the comments. I managed to strip out the rear arch carpets and inspect the dreaded rust. I was reasonably fortunate compared to others I have seen on forums. I mainly found surface rust which after a wash, decontamination, light rub down and wire wheel was ready for paint. I am not...
  4. T66Gal

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

EP3 2006, 111k daily and weekend toy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. T66Gal

Thought it was time to update this thread with all that is going on, hope everyone is well and keeping safe. I have done a few small bits since I last posted. First job was to refresh some more blown bulbs in the centre console/speedo and de-amber the indicator bulbs. Untitled by [Civic...
  6. T66Gal

Hi Seal, it was really very simple- Just cut the line and slot into the gap. It seems to put slightly more pressure on the glass to stop it rattling when it’s partly down. I purchased from eBay- https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F351021345314...
  7. T66Gal

Thanks guys, been on with a few bits and pieces this month but nothing major. Still looking at getting a respray at some point as well Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. T66Gal

January 2020 and a trip to Grinspeed to get the following fitted/upgraded- Eibach springs, KYB OE dampers, Hardrace track rod ends, track rod ends, full Super Pro bush kit, Hardrace drop links, Tegiwa strut brace, Hybrid racing shifter, Hardrace rear camber arms and Eibach front camber bolts...
  9. T66Gal

Almost up to date now so after Christmas I purchased the standard K registered plate and set about dismantling the centre console (bulbs) and removing the front bumper to sort an issue with the fogs. Civic Type R EP3 Civic Type R EP3 Civic Type R EP3 Civic Type R EP3
  10. T66Gal

Next up A trip to Tony Banks in Leeds in December 2019 to sort a custom middle section- Wasn’t happy with the Klarius part. Civic Type R EP3 Civic Type R EP3 Also sorted the annoying rattling windows when part down with some eBay braided fuel lines. No more rattling Civic Type R EP3 OEM...
  11. T66Gal

Purchased an original brochure around the time my car was sold- pointless really but still cool Untitled by Daniel Galert, on Flickr The next thing on the list was sorting the steering wheel as it was starting to let the interior down. I decided to send mine to Royal steering wheels. This...
  12. T66Gal

August through to September 2019 some minor jobs/upgrades done- Pedals replaced, JDM mats imported from Japan, Air Con Regas and clean, cabin filters changed and gear knob polished up. Enjoyed the car over the rest of summer and went on a few road trips. Civic Type R EP3 Civic Type R EP3...
  13. T66Gal

With summer approaching I started acquiring parts for the next trip to Grinspeed. Tegiwa spacers, spooner restorations rocker cover and New OEM headlights were purchased- This work was done in July 2019 along with timing chain (half a cog out), aux belt and valve clearances. Civic Type R EP3...
  14. T66Gal

Nothing much happened in the next few months, attended a car show at Newby Hall and attempted to source all the parts to replace the exhaust as it was in poor shape. This was fitted but the Klarius items were poor quality and I wasn’t really happy with how far down the mid section was positioned...
  15. T66Gal

After the maintenance work it was now driving well apart from a slight rattle coming down through the gears- I assumed this was a heatshield or something at first (More on that later). I wanted to try and preserve the underside and remove any surface rust so I had underside treated by Malton...
Back