• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by tailwhip2000

1. T

FK2 Was this someone’s from here?

Hi all, I am giving serious thought about getting another Type R -havent owner one since 2016 (EP3). I found the following one on autotrader and it looks like it has a type r owners sticker in the rear window - so wondered if anyone on here recognised it or knew the owner, just to try and learn...
  2. T

FK2 Thoughts on this one?

Ok, so time for another example. Thoughts on this one? The prices for all of these FK2’s seem to be high compared to what Parkers are saying. Does this look over priced for the age? https://www.junction17cars.co.uk/stock/11406620-honda-civic-2.0-i-vtec-type-r-gt-s-s-5dr/
  3. T

If it hasn’t been reported by insurance then will it show up on a HPI report? Just wondering for future how you are supposed to spot the dodgy ones if they haven’t been declared?
  4. T

I wonder if it is worth me firing off an email to the seller to make him aware - at least that way he can mention it in the advert etc?
  5. T

How can they pay out for the car (as damage was over £14k) and it not be reported by the insurers?
  6. T

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated.
  7. T

Hmmmm I can’t see anything about it being a cat c/d, and I thought they were meant to tell you/highlight the fact it was? (Or is it up to me to find out for myself?)
  8. T

Just scouring Autotrader and found this FK2 - very low mileage and seems well priced (to my eyes). Thoughts anyone? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202003178528359 Seems to have a couple of mods under the bonnet, but nothing major.
  9. T

FN2 thoughts on this FN2?

Anyone care to share some thoughts on this FN2? It is slightly older than what I was looking at ideally, but it seems like good value - looks straight enough in the pics...
  10. T

new clutch time

my ep3 is on 85k miles now and i reckon the clutch only has a few thousand miles left, so thought i would get some prices on a replacement. Best price I have so far is £426 fitted inc. vat. that is with an exedy clutch. good price or too much? another place (F1) wanted £660 for the same job...
  11. T

prices starting to creep back up/hold stable?

there are plenty for sale north of £12k still
  12. T

i got offered £3k straight off the bat from VW when looking at a £12k FN2 a little while ago. 2005 plate with 80k
  13. T

since buying my ep3 in november 2010 the arse end fell out of the price of them, but recently they seem to be fetching a bit more value (or at least people are generally asking for more money). anyone else noticed/think the prices are starting to creep back up slightly?
  14. T

FN2 Sapphire blue type r?

can't work out if i like it or not
  15. T

FN2 Sapphire blue type r?

Is this a "real" type r colour? If so, how many were made in this colour? I wasn't aware of it as an option colour, nor ever seen one before in this colour...
Back