• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by taskmaster

1. T

Let the games begin...

Quick update... Ordered more gel, some jenolite rust removal spray to hit those awkward spots, and then set to work. Bit annoyed couldn't remove all the pitting, but spent a good few hours (and scraped knuckles/arms) with the wire brush doing the best i could. Primed, and then painted with...
  2. T

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Ha ha that's been my trick to see progress, camera with flash :D I'm probably going to take your advice with the Waxoyl after removing as much as possible. Peace of mind it's protected as much as possible then. Probably going to finish with Hammerite direct to rust silver just for rust overkill...
  3. T

Preface EP3 front indicator bulb

Thanks buddy, arms already trashed from rear speaker rust removal ha ha
  4. T

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Awesome mate! Did you remove rust completely prior to painting, or just Waxoyl over top as it's a converter/treatment? Ask as i've started on mine, and its an absolute b*stard trying to d through speaker holes blind.
  5. T

Finally own a Type R

Looks super clean mate
  6. T

Let the games begin...

Yea not sure i'll have it long as just to tide me over while the Mustang is getting fettled with, but wanted to get it all sorted either way pal. I tried POR15 years ago, and wasn't a fan tbh. If this jenolite stuff doesn't pan out may well give another try though, cheers for the recommendation.
  7. T

Let the games begin...

Cheers mucka. here's some pics :)
  8. T

Let the games begin...

I’m still kicking myself for forgetting, I’m putting it down to old age :)
  9. T

Let the games begin...

Cheers buddy. Got a fair amount of stick on the FB page ha ha
  10. T

Preface EP3 front indicator bulb

Daft question, but what’s the best way to change drivers side front indicator bulb? Can you get to it via wheel arch, or is it a bumper off & light out job?
  11. T

Let the games begin...

Anyway that's me up to speed so far. Plans going forward are: 1. Keep grafting on the rear speaker rust. 2. Sports cat has died so decat next week. 3. Booked in with Honda HQ start of Nov for major service & excedy clutch as slipping. The previous owner was a Honda mechanic, and insisted was...
  12. T

Let the games begin...

Installed a double din, and then thought i'd take a look behind rear speakers...almost had a heart attack when i did, but again thankfully surface rust so started tackling that. Decided to stay clear of rust converter, and opted to wire brush it, then jenolite rust remover, prior to prime and...
  13. T

Let the games begin...

Next up was treat the surface rust on the rear arches.
  14. T

Let the games begin...

Had her up on the ramp to check rust, and fortunately only surface.
  15. T

Let the games begin...

And here's before/after of the refurbed wheels & calipers. Yes i know not to everyone's taste, but wanted something a little different. :)
Back