• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by TDi-North

1. T

tdi north my fn2

Yeah but :lol: What I am aware of is that both my car and Dreams have both got a lot more miles on so maybe that could be something to do with it but yeah I agree. Too much emphasis is put on dyno results by people that don't understand that they are actually just a tool to enable the operator...
  2. T

tdi north my fn2

Probably about right that. Worth mentioning that Dream's FK2 made 305 on the Dyno Dynamics at Surrey RR IIRC. Point is don't just look at results and try and compare them and make sense of it. Different dynos car read differently. Also same cars with same mods can also read very differently ;)
  3. T

tdi north my fn2

Sorry you feel this way and I hope I managed to explain what we was doing on the phone earlier but for yourself and now the internet audience we have I will clarify a few points. 1. When I remap a car it takes as long as it takes. I did a full tune both low cam and high cam and the optimum...
  4. T

low rev missfire mystery, help please

Can be an electrical issue with plugs, earths etc but all cars do it with a stock ecu. Some its more pronounced than others especially if modified and is accentuates the feeling. I can get round it with a remap though if it really bothers you. Its something called "throttle tip in" to make the...
  5. T

Neptune ecu for dc5??

Ask the tuners over there and see. Doubt it. Hondata K100/Kpro and AEM EMS are the norm
  6. T

Avid engine mounts

They are for race cars. Really harsh and that's quite normal.
  7. T

jdm kpro from an ep3

I'm pretty sure it does. certainly works the other way around ;)
  8. T

k20 swap

Both K100 and Kpro are "Mappable" by any Hondata tuner. Unless you are a "serious" racer with big spec boosted car and racing so you need to adjust boost and traction control to set for track conditions a K100 will do just fine and is about £250 cheaper than a Kpro.
  9. T

Info on cams for EP3

Good to see you Iain. Was a bit of a mad day!
  10. T

Will a FN2 Rotrex Kit fit on a FD2???

No. You have a power steering pump where the charger normally sits. You could do a lower mount kit though
  11. T

How can you tell if you have the stock ECU?

There are some remapped "stock" ECU's floating about but they are pretty rare.
  12. T

Jdm ecu fit ukdm ep3

In answer to your question, yes it will work BUT only if you have it remapped to suit so for what you are thinking don't bother just save up and get yours remapped. ;)
  13. T

ecu learning after engine swap

Doubt its idle control to be fair as it doesn't make that much difference. Look at the motor. Its normally a vacuum leak between throttle body, intake manifold and head. Just check all the bolts are tight. Other thing is stuck ICV if its off the old motor that's been standing. They gum up and...
  14. T

Reset ecu after valve adjustment?

No you don't need to
  15. T

Bet your Hondata doesn't do this!

Yes. These are being used but it wouldn't be on the sort of car you would see on these forums. High end race car builds running K20's such as a couple of boosted race Exiges. Very capable ECU's, plug and play now for the K20 loom but way out of the price range of regular Honda owners who moan...
Back