• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Teague

1. T

Intake hissing/vibration sound

You can only hear the noise with headphones - camera doesn't pick it up well.
  2. T

Intake hissing/vibration sound

Been chasing down a hissing / vibration sound for the past year which is coming from the intake area (car has a tegiwa intake fitted). It happens on overrun and under heavy acceleration I've tightened all the bolts, removed the airbox heatshield etc but I haven't managed to track it down. The...
  3. T

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2

Wondering if anyone has tried Michelin pilot sport cup 2's on an ep3, in a 215/45r17 size? Thinking of replacing ad08r's with these, however, I am not sure if the sidewall will be stiff enough for a ep3. If you've tried them let me know your thoughts!
  4. T

K100 worthy upgrade with basic mods?

Nope. The exhaust is completely separate to the intake (ie. the inlet manifold, throttle body and airbox) therefore they don't need changing unless you want more power. Its advisable that you get the JDM front anti roll bar as the dc5 manifold might knock on the oem ep3 anti roll bar, most...
  5. T

K100 worthy upgrade with basic mods?

K100 is definitely worthwhile on a near standard car, massive difference! If you want to save some £££ id recommend a cpl reflash.. you get like 80% of the gains at half the cost oem manifold will be quite torquey in the midrange. But if you want to upgrade the manifold id recommend a dc5...
  6. T

Time for new tyres

Try blackcircles mate its far cheaper! i paid 115 fitted for ad08 which was 9 quid more than pilot sports. The sidewall stiffness is the main benefit, i did maybe 1k miles with ps4s on the front before swapping them to the rear and putting new ad08's on the front. Difference was night and day...
  7. T

Time for new tyres

All were in the oem size 205/45r17
  8. T

Time for new tyres

I've just swapped some Pilot sport 4's to a set of AD08R's, as far as i can tell grip levels are about the same on the road. However the turn in and feedback is miles better with the AD08R's it actually feels like a type r again. I found the pilot sport 4s made the steering feel rubbery and...
  9. T

Teague's NHB EP3

Car definitely had more potential than the 14.0 to be honest, that was with a 2.45 60ft. Going by the general rule of every 0.1 you shave off the 60ft its 0.2 off the final time, if i managed to hit a 2.2 60ft it would get 13.6/7. Defo need to get back there! Shocked a few people there too. Had...
  10. T

Teague's NHB EP3

Cheers man! Sweet! Pretty Jealous, would love to have a go in something that's track dedicated Was definitely great fun, the gradient definitely makes it more exciting - far more gradient changes than any other circuit i've seen. Unfortunately not, i'm only up in Scotland from September - May...
  11. T

Teague's NHB EP3

Thanks! It was great fun, did you get to drive the singleseaters then? Jealous if you did! I saw them, looked like epic fun. I found the corner leading on to the backstraight really difficult, took me about 10 attempts to get the speed and line right. Was very impressed with Knockhill overall...
  12. T

Teague's NHB EP3

Hi all, thought i'd share some of the recent progress of my ep3. Brought it off a forum member on here with a fair few mods done already and it was a pretty decent base to work from mechanically, bodywork is okay but has a few battle scars! Brought it with the mindset of just driving it and not...
  13. T

mfnicks NHB EP3 CTR

Here it is in its new home, absolutely love it! Sooooo civilized compared to my old car! Haven't really got any plans for it yet, ordered some goodyear eagle f1's for the front as the budget ones were genuinely terrifying.. 4th gear wheelspins in the wet!! Managed to pick up the sti yet?
Back