• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by tobrien1

1. tobrien1

Uneven Ride Height

Don't suppose the car has been jacked up recently has it? My mates car did this, took a day or 2 for it to settle back down to an equal height on each side. May be something completely different in this situation though!
  2. tobrien1

ABS fault light

Good luck! I'm avoiding driving in it if possible, CTR doesn't seem to be the best car for these sort of conditions!
  3. tobrien1

ABS fault light

The manual says: " The ABS is self-checking. If anything goes wrong, the ABS indicator on the instrument panel comes on (see page 87). This means the anti-lock function of the braking system has shut down. The brakes still work like a conventional system without anti-lock, providing normal...
  4. tobrien1

FN2 CTR in the Snow; Quick Poll

I slid down a hill a couple of weeks ago, almost hit a parked car, then 200 yards down the road got it stuck and had to walk a couple of miles back home. Fail.
  5. tobrien1

Kwik Fit - bunch of lying c s!

When I had my Astra I had the aircon regassed at KwikFit, I spent 2 and a half hours waiting around (as they told me it would be half an hour which is why I stayed) then when they were finally done, the guy that did the work drove it out the front with my music blaring out louder than anyone...
  6. tobrien1

AEM V2 Feels Sluggish

Fitted an AEM V2 this weekend. Sounds amazing although after fitting it and resetting the ECU the car feels a little sluggish, particularly VTEC. Is this down to the ECU having to 'learn' evrything again? I'm not fussed about any gains the kit might or might not give I got it more for the...
  7. tobrien1

AEM V2 Cleaning

Just wondering, do you need the AEM specific cleaner for cleaning AEM V2 filters? I have some K&N air filter cleaner from my last car not sure if that would do the job though? Isn't the AEM filter made from different material that doesn't require oiling? :S EDIT: Kit arrived today, its the...
  8. tobrien1

Any young CTR drivers?

lol a friend of mine has a Celica T-Sport, hes 21 but has no ncb and less than a year on his licence. he pays £3200. Crazy!
  9. tobrien1

Painting Calipers & Insurance

I know what you mean, in mine and your eyes its not an issue, but being 20 I wouldn't want to give them any reason not to pay out if I had an accident!
  10. tobrien1

Painting Calipers & Insurance

Just wondering if painting brake calipers affects insurance? Not sure whether to paint them.. I think it would look good, but I don't know about changing the standard look - and resell value.
  11. tobrien1

Fitting Foglights?

Sorry, I should have looked there first really! Thanks for the info
  12. tobrien1

Fitting Foglights?

Hi Everyone, Has anyone had experience fitting their own foglights to a facelift EP3 and knows how tough it is to do? Might get a set of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250465825698 Think it finishes the front of the car off a bit nicer than the black holes!
  13. tobrien1

Performance Direct

I just got got a quote from performance direct to see what it would be... £5500!
  14. tobrien1

Performance Direct

I would love to pay £600! Even £900 i'd be more than happy with!!
  15. tobrien1

Any young CTR drivers?

I'm 20 and pay... £ too much lol
Back