• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Topjacket

1. Topjacket

Exhaust Manifold Replacement EP3

Thanks very much for the replies. Really appreciate it. Ended up going to Honda as it’s about a 2 minute walk from me so is convenient. They said they would check it as part of a health check so didn’t charge the £94 they were going to. It is as you suggested a gasket and one of the springs...
  2. Topjacket

Exhaust Manifold Replacement EP3

Hello I have blow coming from my exhaust which kwik fit have been unable to see on the ramp (seeing it myself, the exhaust looks in pretty good condition). This makes me think it must be the exhaust manifold as its the only bit I can't see. The blow fades after about 10 mins unless its under...
  3. Topjacket

Should I go for a Genuine Knock Sensor?

Hi Again Does anyone know what parts (if any) need to be replaced when the inlet manifold is removed. For example is there a gasket kit I would need to order? Thanks Jim
  4. Topjacket

Thanks very much for the replies, much appreciated as allways. I think you are right in that spending the extra is worth it in the long run. I often have a crack at doing things myself but have booked it in to be done by a non-Honda garage as it looks like a pig of a job! @flashy, yes, Honda...
  5. Topjacket

Hello The Engine Management light came on in my 55 plate EP3 the other day. I did a scan with my cheap bluetooth code reader and got a P0325 code back. After reading online that it is a knock sensor but could also flag up with this code if the car was low on fuel, I filled up and reset the...
  6. Topjacket

Alternator Problem or something else?

Hello Thanks Chris I have just heard back from the garage and they have confirmed that the alternator is the cause of the problem. They have quoted £80 to fit a new one (which seemed a good price to me) and £150 for the part. Does anyone have a view on which alternator is best to go for? I can...
  7. Topjacket

Thanks Chris The battery is only 2 years old, do you still think it could be that? I'll defo have a go instead of the alternator if you think it could be. Cheers Jim
  8. Topjacket

Hi All The misses was driving the 55 plate CTR to work this morning, while sat in traffic the car stalled (just by itself :D) the battery light stayed on and the car would not restart. She eventually managed to bump start it and it hasn't died since. I have now tested the battery and it...
  9. Topjacket

Headlight restoration

Hi I have just used a kit by Philips which claims to protect from UV for 12 months. It is all done by hand so no need for drill attachments. I'm pretty happy with the results..... http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/HRK00XM/headlight-restoration-kit
  10. Topjacket

EP3 Battery light on, headlights dimming at lower revs

Thanks Both, I really appreciate you coming back to me. I think I will just get myself a new ELD to make sure as they seem cheap and easy to change. My other car definitely doesn't do this so it does make me think something isn't 100% right. Cheers Jim
  11. Topjacket

Thanks Eddie Is there a way of checking the ELD or would it just be a case of changing it and seeing if that fixes the problem? Cheers Jim
  12. Topjacket

The instrument panel does dip but doesn't seem as extreme as the headlights. The heater fans are also affected.
  13. Topjacket

Hi mate. Thanks for coming back to me. When everything was on, full beam, heater, radio, it was reading 13.7. When it was just idling without anything else it was reading 14.4. Cheers Jim
  14. Topjacket

Hi all About 2 months ago the battery light came on in my 55 Plate EP3. It was on every time I drove the car. Then around 2 weeks later the light just went off and has not been back on since. When the light was on I tested the battery with a multimeter both when the engine was and wasn't...
  15. Topjacket

EP3 Disable Passenger Airbag?

Thanks very much for the quick reply.
Back