• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by treeroy

1. T

EP3 First gear crunchy

Thanks for the answer. Not much use now though as since my last post, I've crashed and wrote off the car. Incidentally I did have a short shifter on the car which I thought might have been what's causing the crunchy changes.
  2. T

EP3 Install steering wheel/airbag

Hi, I am replacing my aftermarket wheel with an original Honda steering wheel. The airbag should be fixed to the car with two screws wich I believe are T30. Can anyone advise on which size screw I need to buy so that I can install the airbag. Thanks :-)
  3. T

EP3 P0138 code

I have the same P0138 code, turns out one of the wires just came loose, so Mr. Mechanic is just going to re-wire it. Saves paying £200 for a new rear sensor... (it's actually being fixed in the garage as i type this :) )
  4. T

EP3 Exhaust and standard height springs advise needed

I have the same exhaust as you, HKS hipower, and yeah, when going at a pace it's quite loud / bit droney. Normal with the exhaust (same goes for most aftermarket exhausts, i imagine). Like said above you would probably kick yourself if you went to a standard backbox because the car will no...
  5. T

EP3 First gear crunchy

thanks mate. I am getting it serviced next week so will ask garage to check
  6. T

EP3 First gear crunchy

After driving it a bit more, yeah this happens when car is warmed up. Not sure how to describe it but it makes a kind of crunch when I go into 1st. In fact, i would actually say that it feels like there is very little travel when it goes to first, compared to moving it up to 3rd or 5th. Is that...
  7. T

EP3 First gear crunchy

That's a good question and I'm not sure of the answer. Particularly noticed it today, I guess it was maybe a little worse cold but not sure... I think it still happened while car was warm running. why what difference would this make? It's normal on a cold start just to have 1 gear being like...
  8. T

EP3 First gear crunchy

I've just bought my first EP3. When I go into 1st, the gear shift is very "crunchy". Is this normal? Other gears are all fine but the gearbox does not seem to like going into 1st very much. I think the car has a short shifter installed, not sure if this has any bearing on the matter.
  9. T

EP3 Buying an ep3

There are others around with little or no rust. At £3k you can get a very nice one. I bought my ep3 last week for £2k and it has no rust.
Back