• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Vargassy

1. V

Timing chain kits

Hi all , going to get my timing chain done next week just need a bit of advice ...because I'm only looking to nurse the car for another year and do things on a bit of a budget , I was thinking of purchasing the timing chain kit myself and pay my local garage to fit it ... Been on two websites...
  2. V

P0341 + Idle probs

Apologies I'd posted a while ago on this very subject but wouldn't let me find my original post when I tried searching for it hence the long winded above ... Now reading through all the helpful comments ,
  3. V

P0341 + Idle probs

Starting issue Hi all , sorry am a bit of a noob so please bear with me ... Been having a few issues with my 05 civic type R ...about 8 months ago I done a fairly long run in my car and parked up as normal ... following morning for work had my engine management light come on ..run sweet as a...
  4. V

P0341 + Idle probs

Hi mate when the light first came on last year it was stalling every now and then at lights but think I've adapted me driving to it lol... It ticks over absolutely sweet now which is the funny thing, I've even completely got rid of the hunting idle.. It purrrs... But definitely has got a flat...
  5. V

Idle issues

Mike and Tomcat thanks guys .. I usually only do short journeys in the car too and from work etc.. After the idle settling this morning back to normal, I decided lunchtime to hit the A12 and it ran great lol... Obviously revved over the 5000 rpm and ran great haha wonder if I just needed to give...
  6. V

Idle issues

Hi everyone last question ... So had the idle hunting issue, when up to temperature it sits at 2000 minimum and hunts to 3000 constant up and down on idle.... Plan was to take it to work today and clean out the IACV... Hunted a little during the traffic lights etc but when I actually pulled up...
  7. V

P0341 + Idle probs

Absolute legend mate, I'll get that checked first .. Think the other sensor is a bit more tricky, the crankshaft one... But elimination I'll get that checked and cleaned first .. Appreciate ya help bud
  8. V

P0341 + Idle probs

Cheers Mike ill give that a go .. Was trying to avoid main dealer and get someone local to do it but knowone wants the job .. I'm guessing them sensors are a pain to get to lol...
  9. V

P0341 + Idle probs

Hi mate thanks for your reply... Mechanic let me down today so going to try at work tomorrow with the iacv and give it a clean fingers crossed lol.. Mines just done 110000 so guess in a couple of weeks get someone to check the chain and replace tensioner ... Think the sensor is a nightmare to...
  10. V

P0341 + Idle probs

Hi all bit of a noob so please bear with me I have an 05 type r, last year the engine management light came on so I got the codes read.. It came up with one fault code but two problems relating... P0341... Cam shaft position sensor a and crank shaft position sensor.. Have been told by a couple...
Back