• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Vincent_77

1. V

A/C doesn't work when the car is getting warm and outside is warm too - FN2

Meanwhile it has turned out that the issue is coming from A/C compressor. I need a new one, or at least the clutch. I see that the cost for a genuine one is approx. 1k EUR. Does anyone used a non-OEM one? Any recommendation for a non-OEM?
  2. V

A/C doesn't work when the car is getting warm and outside is warm too - FN2

I'm mention that in the morning or when is cold, the A/C works fine. But when the weather is geeting warm outside, the A/C stop working properly. I speicify that last year I already changed the relay. Then I would say that the relay can not be since A/C sometimes is working. Any idea...
  3. V

Cruise control installation on FN2 whether is possible?

Do you know whether I have any chance to install a cruise control on a FN2? My car is a 2007 model and it doesn't have it. And in case the answer is yes, it would be a complicated and expensive operation? I mean, do you have an idea how much the parts cost?
  4. V

Printout of my wheels alignment; does it looks like a FRSU setup?

I've bought from CPL Racing the following parts for my FN2: - a Full Set Eibach Rear Shims: https://www.cplracing.co.uk/products/full-set-eibach-rear-shims-honda-civic-type-r-fn2-2007-2011 - and Eibach Front Camber Bolts...
  5. V

FN2 Rear shock absorbers

I'm looking to change rear shock absorbers as well. I have got a quote from Cox £223 per piece. Then I found below website £54.9 per piece only. Does anyone ordered there? It's trusty and and the quality will be the same as OEM...
  6. V

Millers Motorsport Oil for daily driving

Currently on my FN2 I'm running "Millers Oils CFS 5W-40NT plus", which is a motor-sport oil or at least it's labelled on this way. And I'm using the car for daily driving, mostly in the city. I don't use to go for track. Any issue that I'm using a motorsport oil? Should I switch to a...
  7. V

steering wheel is blocking after I start the engine - FN2

happened twice in the last year, since I have the car, so not very often.... so, I start the engine and once I start moving the steering wheel is getting blocked and get a message on board (unfortunately each time I got a bit panic and I don't recall the message...) anyway, I stop the engine...
  8. V

huge fuel consumption - FN2

urban fuel consumption 16 - 17 l/100 km which means like 16-17 mpg. outside urban 10 - 11 l/km which means like 25-28 mpg. i mention that I rich above figures shifting at 3.5k - 4k, so no vtec. are all this normal? to me it looks huge, at the end we talk about 4 cylinders, 2 liters and a NA...
  9. V

electrostatic painting versus spray painting

I have one set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 2 White from 2008. And now I'm thinking to refresh the paint. It should be sufficient a spray painting or rather for wheels I should looking for an electrostatic painting?
  10. V

clutch issue - burning smell

When I drive aggressively only, soonest, in the cabin start smelling like burning clutch. When i drive normally I don't feel anything. My car (FN2) is from 2007 and has 80k kilometers (like 50k miles). This is a sign that I should start taking into consideration to change my clutch? And...
  11. V

rear bumper - any difference between FN2 and Civic Type S?

I'm interesting on top part. Not very sure that are the same, because I just checked on lingshondaparts.com, and for Type R I can see a part# (71501SMGE50ZF) and for Type S a different one (71501SMGE60ZF). Probably I have to check with a dealer.
  12. V

rear bumper - any difference between FN2 and Civic Type S?

anyone knows whether Civic Type R FN2 and Civic Type S share the same rear bumper?
  13. V

Castrol Edge 5W-40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil - is it fine for a FN2

I've bought a "Genuine Honda Civic Type-R Major Plus Service Kit" from Cox Motor for my FN2. And this kit contains Castrol Edge 5w40. Any experience with this oil? It should be fine?
Back