• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Vortexhunter

1. Vortexhunter

FK8 Fk8 and discounts?

When I bought the S2000 my wife and I decided to replace the FK8 with an MK8 ST2 (ST2 so we would get the smaller wheels, got traumatised with the FK8 ). Got it in August and have done over 6k miles in it and it has been amazing, better suited for everyday UK B-road driving (because it's...
  2. Vortexhunter

FK8 FK8 overheating

You can also use Tinypic or Imgur
  3. Vortexhunter

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Yes they do. It was either a weight thing or a heritage thing... Bollocks!
  4. Vortexhunter

Best online quotes

Call them and mention that you will most certainly leave them at the end of the insurance period because of this and they will probably lower the extra a bit. Be nice to the agent, that always helps! I got my 5 year NCB mirrored on the Fiesta ST after having a long chat with the agent when I was...
  5. Vortexhunter

FK8 The steering wheel holds dips!

Are you eating in the car? :mad: :mad: :mad:
  6. Vortexhunter

FK8 Winter tyres

That means that you didn't use a car's width to overtake the cyclist... Naughty...
  7. Vortexhunter

FK8 Paint cracking & rust rear quarters

I think it flexing of the cabin + non-flexible filler in the seam under the paint. Mine was very rubbery when I touched/checked/molested it :lol:
  8. Vortexhunter

FK8 Paint cracking & rust rear quarters

Yours is an early one? I remember looking at this in the US forums and checked mine, the seams are different. Didn't take a picture before selling so I can't show you. Anyone with a 67+ plate car that can take a picture of that area?
  9. Vortexhunter

FK8 FK8 as a Daily (High Mileage) Driver??

You will be replacing front tyres between 8k and 15k depending on driving style, so add that to your running costs (when I replaced mine they were £190 a pop for MPS4S's). If the car has a service plan you won't have to pay for oil change and the sort, but I think it's not that expensive. Rear...
  10. Vortexhunter

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Wheels look like NSX fronts... Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  11. Vortexhunter

FK8 Hot weather and boost pressure observations

If I remember correctly the car uses torque tables, so with cold weather you will need less boost to get to the same torque. CivicX forums have a lot of information on that. Look for the Hondata or kTuner development threads.
  12. Vortexhunter

FK2 Accessory function

In most new cars you have to :P
  13. Vortexhunter

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I had 24-26 mpg over the 16k miles I had the car. Only times I had 28+ was when we were on long motorway journeys. Almost got to 40 mpg on one long A1 run. Regarding infotainment I had zero issues with Android auto, never used the wireless charger. And you are right, sound system is not...
  14. Vortexhunter

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Mine had a similar crack, I think it's thermal expansion. Made a warranty claim, but sold the car so no clue if Honda will actually replace it, but that is obviously not from a rock or anything...
Back