• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by VT-Doo

1. VT-Doo

O2 Sensors - Wideband

Does anybody know if the FD2 O2 Sensor is a wideband sensor as with the DC5? Cheers,
  2. VT-Doo

Looking for some advice/pointers - DC5 Integra

I'd start by getting the car a "Pre-MOT" so you know where you stand. If you get a proper MOT and it fails then legally it voids the original MOT so therefore you can't drive it. Who MOT'd it? It's either the MOT station or the seller that should cough up to repair the car. What's the...
  3. VT-Doo

CRZ GT

Yeah, mine is an ex-demo so has all the "packs" already added including the navigation. It's just a shame the navigation is getting a bit old now. My car has done mainly motorway miles. My only real concern with the car is the batteries, however, looking at the MPG there seems to be no sign of...
  4. VT-Doo

EP3 Gearbox feels loose

Yeah, take it back. I didn't realise Honda did work on that area of the car recently.
  5. VT-Doo

CRZ GT

Honda CR-Z GT (comes standard with 17" Electra alloys (run on 215/45/R17 - Standard was 205/45R17)). Bought with 13,500 miles, now at 81,412 miles. Best Miles per fill up: 502 miles. Best MPG: 63.1 MPG. Last 12 Months Average: 53.7 MPG Last Fill Up: 58.2 MPG 192 Fill Ups Average: 51.6 MPG...
  6. VT-Doo

EP3 Gearbox feels loose

The first things I'd check is the engine mounts and the gear selector on top of the gearbox. Make sure everything is tight and greased up. Check the selector cables. These wore out on my DC5, luckily for you, EP3's are everywhere. The airbox might also be fouling the selector.
  7. VT-Doo

FK2 Picking my new type R up next week, have a couple of questions...

The engines are good to go. There is no need to baby it whatsoever.
  8. VT-Doo

FK2 Picking my new type R up next week, have a couple of questions...

Take your time. Get to know the car. Give the car a few miles before thrashing it. I always look at the water temperature before giving it some, say over 75 degrees Celcius. After thrashing it I never turn it off straight away. I've not had it on track, however, as I live in a city the car has...
  9. VT-Doo

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I only use Tesco Momentum and Shell V-Power, it really depends on where I am but I always think about where and when to fill up and not just when my tank is empty. I've only ever been caught short in the CR-Z once, maybe twice in the 81,000 miles on the car.
  10. VT-Doo

FK2 Service Due At Only 7,500 miles ?

Alright mate, Glad I could be of help :D Do you still have the DC5? I can't remember exactly what I did for you? Did I tune it or just sort out a few problems you had? Hopefully, Hondata brings out something for the FK2 soon :twisted: I try to keep usernames and pictures consistent throughout...
  11. VT-Doo

I noticed a difference when mapping my DC5. BP Ultimate also made my car knock! So much so I ran the tank dry going around town. Terrible stuff! It depends on the car.
  12. VT-Doo

I checked with my Honda dealer, the car is covered for this service. Honda (UK) are asking for proof (picture of dash) before sanctioning services outwith the expected 12,500 miles service interval. I asked if the service plan included all services the car requests up-to-the 5-year end date; I...
  13. VT-Doo

Yesterday, the service light came on saying the car was due a service soon. When we bought the car we got the 5-YEAR-service-plan so not to worry. Does anyone have a link to the small print for the service plan? I’m not back home till Friday night. Anyhow, Honda is going to look into it as...
  14. VT-Doo

Looks like a wrap to me. I quite like it. I don't get it. You get heat soak when the car is sitting in traffic. And obviously, when the car is first started you shouldn't be driving your car to notice a loss in power. So once the car is up-to-temperature, and in free-flowing air, people are...
  15. VT-Doo

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Speaking to my mate, he told me his M4 came standard with MPSS. He's now covered 14,000 miles from new and is running about 500+bhp. He said they're the best tyre he's ever used and is extremely good in the wet too. Also, after reading reviews, the same conclusion always comes up... the CS6's...
Back