• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Vtecben

1. V

Please help with your knowledge to make sure I have not been scammed

Good point, however time is of the essence and in short supply! To.be fair,The box in my car is good, and I'm a heel/toe double declutch kinda person so the box gets a fairly easy life. That being said, had I managed to get an lsd cheaply and at short notice that would definitely be going ahead!
  2. V

It's being fitted by a garage and waranty doesn't cover labour so hopefully I won't have to use it!
  3. V

I decided that best cause of action would be to inspect it, then install if all OK as the addition cost and time to resolve the original issue isn't worth it to me, when I need my car available as my daily. Clutch is about 7mm thick, what is the thickness of a new one??? On inspection...
  4. V

the boss called back and said that they would accept the engine back and refund me as long as I paid for the delivery for them to send it out and for me to return it (£125). Is that reasonable/lawful? However, they still guarantee that the engine works and will honour the warrantee should I...
  5. V

Where can i find/confirm the engine code on a K20?

Loxy, sorry to dredge this thread up from the past but are you able to confirm what year car this was from? its relevant for this: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?101757-Please-help-with-your-knowledge-to-make-sure-I-have-not-been-scammed thanks Ben
  6. V

Their initial response was not what I was hoping for: I called and rather than accuse them, explained that it seemed as though they may have made a mistake and sent me the wrong engine. They stated that they made me aware that they do not guarantee the flywheel- I accept that and stated that...
  7. V

update.... the original engine number from my car (a 53 plate) is K20A2 3005###. the numbers cast into the head of the replacement engine are a little faded but are 1/0 /7 2/6 I rubbed a bit of engine grime on then wiped it off to show the numbers a bit better I have called my...
  8. V

Thanks guys, my Google game is clearly poor in comparison to yours... As is my ability to type properly on a phone (hence the edits)! I will check that number tomorrow morning and if it doesn't show that the engine was made in either 2004 or 2005 it will be going back as it has either been...
  9. V

Ah got you now good idea I'll have a look at my v5c and compare later. Ok, so we have established the flywheel is prefacelift, what about the engine number? Can anyone shed any light on that? Can anyone confirm the engine number theory posted by ctr_nick? That would suggest my engine was made...
  10. V

Sadly no reg or v5.it was from a breakers, when I originally was discussing the engine with them, I asked about this and they explained that they get cars in without the registration from insurance companies when they are written off. Yep, I know k20a2 is correct and this engine will fit, my...
  11. V

engine number in case anyone can help id/age this engine from it
  12. V

what do you think, facelift or pre facelift?
  13. V

My 5th ep3!

Nice car, I'm surprised you didn't think of K-swapping the Elise though! :-D
  14. V

So some of you may have seen that I recently suffered an engine failure in my ep3 with a hole in the side of my block. After shopping around I was offered an engine which had only done 42000 miles amd was from a 2005 car. I paid more than I had originally planned too due to low mileage and...
  15. V

Hole in block :-(

Will pm you now. Is a k20a a direct drop in for a k20a2? Loxy thank you for your help
Back