• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Vtecspec

1. Vtecspec

finally got to the bottom of the annoying whining noise from aux area

No it's something I haven't tried yet. You see mines intermittent. Comes and goes when it pleases. I will try and run it without belt on when I get some free time, see if I can pin point where its coming from. The thing is mine sounds like a whinning whistling type of sound.
  2. Vtecspec

I may try a new belt, this time however from the Honda stealers instead of a cheap third party type. It can only be one of two things, belt or alternator. I'll let you know if I ever get down to the bottom of this.
  3. Vtecspec

I've removed ac relay and fuse so that there is no power going to the AC and the noise is still there. Unless there is something else I need to remove I don't know myself. The noise only seems to come on when the engine is warmed up where as before I replaced the tensioner the noise used to come...
  4. Vtecspec

I seem to have this noise coming from the aux area I've changed idler pulley, tensioner, belt, water pump is around 3 years old. I've never tried running the engine without the belt on to see if that stops the noise, however I don't understand how the ac compressor can still make a noise when...
Back