• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by waveydavey

1. W

Latest mod

They are a standard Renault part that you get from any Renault Dealer........ The part number is.............. Renault Part no; 77 11 236 179 for Scenic I – 600/400mm (24/16â€Â). They are £32-ish for the pair..... I seem to think that's the price anyway. Hope this helps...
  2. W

Latest mod

That's what i thought but a friend of mine has been in e-mail contact with Bosch and they've said they haven't got a date as yet for the Furby wipers but they did have set dates for other models..... Which perplexed me somewhat. Well so far so good..... I'd already used them on the...
  3. W

Latest mod

Hey whatever floats ya boat :wink: :wink: :wink: Cheers Dave.
  4. W

Latest mod

You surprise me......... In around 4 1/2 years of being involved with owners / groups that have experience of using aero wipers you are the first person who says they aren't much good!!! Why exactly do you think they are no better than ordinary wipers? From my own experience they are much better...
  5. W

Latest mod

They clear the screen a WHOLE lot better when traveling at speed. You may have noticed a lot of newer cars have them as standard from new. The main prob is that they have a totally different style of connecting to the wiper arm so you can't just buy a normal set of aero's and fit 'em to your...
  6. W

Latest mod

Hi all, Just thought i'd post the latest mod to the Missus' CTR........ Aero wipers. They're something that i fitted on my vRS when i bought it earlier this year and is a well known mod in Skoda circles. I thought i'd try them on the CTR and they fitted perfectly :D...
  7. W

Are CTR Front Fogs Really Useless Or Is It Just Mine?????

I know they're not supposed to light up vast expanses of road..... And also that they are not meant as driving lights. But my original concern was that they just didn't seem to light up any section of road, (ahead or sideways), that could actually be seen from the driving position. I have been...
  8. W

Just done another check of them and i think i will get 'em checked out by the dealer when possible. They still seem to be giving off a dull glow as though they aren't working to their full potential...... They do seem a little better in total darkness, rather than earlier when it wasn't totally...
  9. W

Cheers for the info chaps........ I was 99.9% certain i was gonna have to get them checked out but didn't want to make a prat of myself at the stealers if they were like it on all CTR's etc..... :roll: :roll: :roll: Cheers Dave.
  10. W

Yeah but as mine are at the minute when looking from the driving position you cannot tell the differance at all, sideways or up front, when they are switched on/off...... Just wondered if it was querk of the CTR one's cos when parked next to my VW which has factory fitted fogs the differance is...
  11. W

Hi all, Just tried using my dealer fitted front fogs today as it has been foggy as 'ell out in derbyshire and realised they're bloody useless!!!!! Switched them on while we driving and couldn't tell they were even on..... Turns out that they are on but only illuminate about 2 to 4 feet in...
  12. W

Front fogs

Because of the amount of motorway driving i do and the fact that it's at all times of day & night we had the front fogs fitted when we bought the car last week..... We also both thought that as mentioned above the car just looked finished when it had them fitted. Cheers Dave.
  13. W

Indicator Bulbs???

Cheers for the info matey....... Might have to go for something other than the Philips Silvervision as they only come in the offset's i think. Cheers Dave.
  14. W

Washer Jets?

I must admit i do prefer the washer jets that spray the water out in a fan style..... My Polo GTi does this and seems to clear the windscreen a lot quicker and without using as much water. I'd defo be interested in switching the jets on the CTR with those from the Jazz if it does prove to be...
  15. W

Indicator Bulbs???

Hi all, We're picking up our new Type-R tomorrow and i have a question regarding bulbs............. I wanted to clarify what type indicator bulbs the facelift Type-R has, both the front & rear..... Are they the same or different for the front & rear??? I'm just wanting to order some...
Back