• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by weegaz22

1. weegaz22

FN2 Possible new rear sub frame

Yeah it's a fair bit of work, your attempting to remove the entire rear end support structure of the car, and not really for a great reason other than you want it "shiny" , it might seem like a good idea until your half way through and at the point of no return and youve stripped heads of bolts...
  2. weegaz22

haven't checked through all of the pics but the only real issue i would concern myself with is the bracket on the exhaust, it's most likely a suspect to be caught on the next MOT, the subframe looks fine, looks to be largely surface rust typical for a car its age IMO, as said haven't checked...
  3. weegaz22

Its almost 15 year old model of car, it'll generally need a few things, but a thin flimsy heat shield is bugger all really in the overall scope of things that could be wrong. Pretty sure if there was rust to worry about on the subframe it would have been picked up by the MOT tester. Kinda...
  4. weegaz22

FN2 Custom Exhaust fabricators.

you sure its the resonance of the exhaust that's giving you a headache? all your exhaust gaskets good on the manifold?
  5. weegaz22

Subframes are usually pretty chunky things but its not impossible for them to rust through, our cars are almost 15 years old and will have seen as many British winters with salt on the roads, pics will help but you might need to get in there with a screwdriver and chip away at some of the...
  6. weegaz22

FN2 Custom Exhaust fabricators.

might be better if you listed you location, no point in my recommending someone in Glasgow if your in London for instance.
  7. weegaz22

FN2 VSA and cam code coming on at the same time

Have a fn2 type r and been getting P0308 codes popping up on occasion, now sometimes the VSA pops up along with the cam code with an error at the same time, I've cleared the codes and it sometimes take a while to come back, no loss of power, no miss fires etc i cant think of any reason why they...
  8. weegaz22

FN2 New head unit - suddenly no power to harness

are you checking it with ignition on or off? are you checking the switched side or the permanently live wire? did you have the head unit working the night before? does the head unit have its own fuse? also you mention fuse 37 being blown but on the diagram the switched ignition to the audio...
  9. weegaz22

FN2 Replacement Sachs shocks

as Wilmo said the fronts are sided as their typical Macpherson struts so the spring seats sit a certain way, brake hose clips welded on different for each side etc, rears the last time i priced them off the top of my head weren't sided, it was just a rear shock tube itself as they aren't...
  10. weegaz22

FN2 Why did you buy a FN2?

I don't think we can solely blame manufacturers, they have to try and meet constantly changing tighter and tighter legislation on emissions and ever increasing independent safety standards like euro Ncap, and they have to do all of that and still be able to sell it for close to the same price as...
  11. weegaz22

I had a Calibra back in 2000, it was a 91 H plate and had some rust spots here and there, nothing structural but it was already there, the engine bay condition of mines wasn't bad to be fair, I probably wouldn't buy a Vauxhall now and i would have said I was a vaux guy in my early driving days...
  12. weegaz22

Well seeing as this thread was brought back from the dead and I'd only had the FN2 a couple of weeks when i originally posted i will give more of a long-termer review, I still own the car, Its been fairly reliable, the only thing i have had to get replaced was the exhaust, and i had to get a...
  13. weegaz22

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

Well we will soon see, just bought 2 of the Dunlops as blackcircles had them 10% off, Ive seen a few tyre tests when they were included the Dunlops don't do too badly generally in testing, usually just behind the continental sport contacts, wet weather is where the Dunlops excel as you say and...
  14. weegaz22

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

I've run budget tyres in the past, on some cars i think they're ok like bog standard 1.4 puntos etc, i had them on my 530D sport and you could tell they weren't as good as a "performance" orientated tyre like a pilot sport, you could tell braking wasn't as good, cornering feel was a bit more...
  15. weegaz22

EP3 double din satnav upgrade

Joying, Pumpkin, and Ownice are some of thecheaper android headunits I've been considering that have had decent reviews, as I'm kinda where you are, they might be worth a look.
Back