• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by WilsonR

1. WilsonR

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

I've been keeping an eye on the American forum and the car seems to be more than capable of handling a decent amount of extra power. Having owned a MK3 Focus RS from new and keeping an eye on the American forums in a similar way, by this time tuners had blew a few cars, but I haven't seen any of...
  2. WilsonR

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

1) Warranty friendly tuning items 2) Driving mode flexibility (I.e. Comfort dampers but sport throttle response) 3) Remove the big plastic "vents" back and front 4) Oil temp gauge 5) Brake assist on as default
  3. WilsonR

EP3 FK8 exhausts

No doubt that they probably look loads better in the flesh, but it's just to much money for me to not be 100%. Not having any problems with this car I hope?
  4. WilsonR

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Found myself going around in circles with regards to the exhaust. Remus was my first choice, but throw in the carbon tips and sound controller and it's £2k which is crazy money when I paid £750 for a fully valved system on my Focus RS. HKS would have been on the list but couldn't live with the...
  5. WilsonR

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I have seen a few people complaining about itso it was more to just try and elicit a few responses from people who have fixed it :p
  6. WilsonR

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Is anybody suffering with excessive brake squeal? Seems to only happen at very low speed. It's becoming a bit embarrassing..
  7. WilsonR

FK8 Metallic rattle when lifting off

I know the exact sound you are talking about. I also have it.. the strange thing is that the second you touch the accelerator it stops even if you are still "coasting". To me it sounds like the brake pads just ever so slightly touching the discs. I've also got a pretty bad crunch in 2nd gear...
  8. WilsonR

What did you do to your Type R today?

Cheers. The paint I used is called VHT Anodised Red Color Coat. The only way I can describe it is that it's a little bit like metal stain that allows the material underneath to come through, so by doing it over a chrome exhaust you still get that shine with a metallic effect.
  9. WilsonR

I have done a few bits and bobs over the last week or so which included adding premium type-R car mats, painting the hubs black and fitting the A119 dash cam off the back of seeing how good it looked in SuperFLY's pictures earlier in the thread. However my personal favourite "mod" that I have...
  10. WilsonR

I have purchased this because of your pictures.. it looks fantastic. Can I ask which bits of trim you took off (If any) to neatly run the wires to the power?
  11. WilsonR

FK8 Dream Automotive suede gear gaiter fitted!

Very nice.. how's the match to the material the arm rest is made from?
  12. WilsonR

FK8 Question about the interior illumination pack

How easy are the illuminated sills to fit? I have just ordered Ricks kit & have my eye on the door sills via Cox's.
  13. WilsonR

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Hello lads Looking at ordering a new FK8 in the next few days. Is the Illumination pack factory fitted? Or does it get fitted when the car arrives at the dealership? If it's the latter I will be giving it a miss.
Back