• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by XK140

1. X

FK8 Non GT FK8

If the extras mean nothing to you,then if you are doing pcp I say go for the non GT,as you say. On the other hand if you are going to own it you could find the non GT difficult to sell on some years down the line. I don't think many wanted the non GT FN2 in the used market,it didn't even have...
  2. X

FK8 Non GT FK8

I definitely saw one advertised for sale last year...but only one!
  3. X

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I think there are two factors... --Cost would exceed value added in the customers perception,as you say. --There is a trend towards 4wd and as cars get more and more powerful and, in theory at least,the transfer of drive to the rear wheels when the fronts are losing grip should give a similar...
  4. X

I don't doubt that the Megane is a sharp handling car but I don't see anyone on here swapping their type R for one for reasons that are probably obvious to us all. That Fifth Gear test was just for fun and 99% irrelevant to day to day driving and car ownership. ....however,I have to ask why the...
  5. X

What did you do to your Type R today?

Those bespoke RallyArmor flaps (on TarmacSportz) look good for protection...not the cheapest but probably worth the money. Now,dare I go red ones on my Rallye red car?
  6. X

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Not really...it says "the Civic is the most complete car here..." which is meant in a total sense,although it could also be taken literally because the other two don't actually have back seats! :)
  7. X

FK8 Do you like surprises?

Interesting,so about £2k off list.Bit disappointing since that won't help our values in the short term,especially disappointing since it is still being rated as the best in its class. I think the problem for Honda is that the extreme looks are putting off a lot of UK buyers,but looking like...
  8. X

Don't think I'll bother :)
  9. X

If so,do what I've just done (out of idle curiosity). Go on the Evans Halshaw site and ask fo a valuation! My FK8 is normal GT model,March 18,only 1200 miles. Answer: £23360! I can hardly wait to accept their fantastic offer !!!!
  10. X

I usually refer to Camskill for the best tyre prices. They show the Contis at £175 each...including VAT but not carriage and fitting,but still possible to get an all in price around £200 per corner if you are prepared to send for them and can arrange your own fitting.
  11. X

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

It's too big to feel really at home on narrow roads...but you can't do anything about that without totally changing the car...or introducing a coupe no bigger than a GT86 with the FK8 engine and handling capability. Prelude type R?
  12. X

I tend to agree...the thing that strikes me as ugly about the FK8 interior every time I get in is the "hole" at the front of the centre console...it would be better if the armrest slid further forward to cover it. Been thinking whether the ashtray accessory that fits in there would make it look...
  13. X

EP3 Cookie's FK8 Tale of Woe - 4th gear lockout and popout

Easy to tell he doesn't own it,every change banged through with zero mechanical sympathy,seems to be trying to prove he can change gear as fast as a dsg does. I'm on 1200 miles now with no problems so far.However,although the box is good to use I would say it's not as slick as the FN2 one,but...
  14. X

FK8 Intermittent rattle from front brake/hub, NOT brake squeal.

I believe they are there to prevent excessive water build up,especially when driving on rain soaked motorways. Without them you could experience a second or so with nothing happening before the pads dry the discs on a sudden brake application...perhaps the difference between a crash or not. So...
  15. X

What did you do to your Type R today?

Ron,I hope you enjoy the S3,I'm quite familiar with it because my daughter had a current model which she has just changed to a TTS convertible,which is of course very similar mechanically. Really nice,classy cars and feel very safe when using the power because of the 4wd.I actually prefer them...
Back