• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 FK8 to FL5?

Hi all,

Haven’t been on here for a good few years, had an FK8 for about 18 months and loved the car.

Several cars later I’m back to the Type R as a contender for my next one, this time looking at an FL5.

What’s the view on this, who has made the switch? I also had a cat back on my FK8, honestly can’t remember if it was OPF or not but it was basically a straight through system and was obnoxiously loud and droney so guessing it might be pre OPF, wondering what the new one sounds like with a cat back fitted (yes I’ve watched YouTube).

Thanks

What with the timing of release & the price I never did get my FL5 :(

Having already had 2 White Type Rs (Mugen 200 & FK8) and 2 Black (FN2 & FK2 Black Edition) I think I'd have gone for this colour :cool:

Honda-Civic-Type-R-ecoty-picture.jpg

Here's what I actually ended up with...just the same if you squint LOL :p

20230202-114516.jpg

20230202-114523.jpg

20230202-114426.jpg

Last edited:
I know a few people who had FK8's and have been in FL5's, who say if you close your eyes you would be forgiven for thinking you're in an FK8.

What with the timing of release & the price I never did get my FL5 :(

Having already had 2 White Type Rs (Mugen 200 & FK8) and 2 Black (FN2 & FK2 Black Edition) I think I'd have gone for this colour :cool:

Honda-Civic-Type-R-ecoty-picture.jpg

Here's what I actually ended up with...just the same if you squint LOL :p

20230202-114516.jpg

20230202-114523.jpg

20230202-114426.jpg

I’ve heavily considered the M135i at one point. Nice colour, love the interior in them, particularly the red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a few people who had FK8's and have been in FL5's, who say if you close your eyes you would be forgiven for thinking you're in an FK8.

Yeah doesn’t seem to be night and day from what you read online regarding the performance.

I actually prefer the styling of the FK8 but now think it looks dated, or is starting to. However the FL5 interior looks a class above IMO.

The nearest one for sale is over 60miles away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just having a look on Auto Trader & a used FL5 is still more than I paid for a brand new M135i with Comfort Pack,Pro Pack & 5 Year Service Plan :eek:

Back