• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Mase

Hondata?

Hondata FlashPro would be the best investment per HP Gain. Gains depend on which model year/engine you have. on a 100% stock 2012 USDM Civic SI, we pick up about 20 whp. Sorry its a bad phone pic I just so happen to be coming over the beginning of march, I can supply you with one and a...
  2. Mase

Honda Powered Lotus Exige S

The whole plan was to keep it naturally aspirated. It gets very hot here. In the summer time it will be ambient temp like 37 degrees C. Track temps can get a lot higher than that. We constantly have to battle high coolant/oil/intake temps w the turbo NSX, so for simplicity and reliability...
  3. Mase

which? the daytona prototype? im slowly writing up a blog post about that as well.
  4. Mase

We will get some more, will be tracking it again in January most likely. New upgraded Axles from Drive Shaft Shop are going in right now :)
  5. Mase

So the time has come for me to write about a regular Mase Engineering stable mate. It’s a 2007 Lotus Exige S. While ultimately its normal duties were to serve as a steady, reliable, and fun track car, it also is still registered for street use. We left the Lotus fairly unmolested at the...
  6. Mase

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

wow, after just skimming through, this thread stinks of BS. I'll chime in and explain a few things here soon, since obviously it needs addressing... and TarmacNymph, I never got an email from you, you could have certainly shoot me an email and I would have gladly helped figure out your...
  7. Mase

Turbo Project

Robctr, Boost per gear is a term for a method of controlling boost that has been used for many years to limit power/wheel spin. Basically depending upon the ECU, The boost is controlled via a small electronic solenoid that is installed inline with the wastegate. That solenoid is programmed...
  8. Mase

Fault code P1167

do not clean the o2 sensor with solvent. ie. brake cleaner/carb cleaner. It will most likely destroy the sensor. if there is carbon build up (doubt there is), wipe it off with a lint free rag. Do you have kpro ? what car/ miles on the sensor?
  9. Mase

skunk2 timing chain tensioner

as for as the AEM Piggyback, toss it, unless you have the AEM EMS full standalone, then keep it. Otherwise Kpro is def the way to go. As far as the timing chain tensioners. We use OEM on 1000 whp cars :) we just replace it every season
  10. Mase

New Mani+decat and HKS Hi-Power exhaust fitted, Engine Management Light on?

The light is caused by the secondary o2 sensor not reading correctly due to your decat. kpro as others had suggested will not only turn this CEL off but give you the ability to correctly tune your engine. When it comes time for your kpro, let me know, I can hook you up with a great kpro+tune...
  11. Mase

tappet adjustment

valve adjustment can really depend on mileage and how hard you drive your car. typically the honda engines can get noisey if the valve lash is off. It has to be off a good bit before it will reduce any power from the engine. but it can happen. Ive seen as much as 10 whp from a bad valve lash...
  12. Mase

Sticky gears please help!

typically if its the clutch causing the issue, it wont be specific gears so much as depending upon rpm and load bearing on the clutch. does it grind going into 3rd or 5th? whens the last time you changed the transmission fluid?
  13. Mase

Turbo Project

why did you opt to rebuild the engine? you have a k20a2 ? those motors are good for 450 whp or more stock internals. Infact I've tuned dozens of them that have made over 500 whp on 100% completely stock engines. as far as your supporting mods. all depends on how much power you're looking to...
  14. Mase

K series engine

realistically you should set some goals for your car before sinking any large amount of money into the car. Swapping engine platforms would not be a cost effective investment, nor would the results probably be in favor. The k20 engines are very superior for a number of reasons. Biggest being...
  15. Mase

Kmanager v1.3.7.0 Needed

just have them email it to you, easy fix.
  16. Mase

Kmanager v1.3.7.0 Needed

if you can download your current cal file I can help you. Email me: [email protected]
Back