• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Akina_Speed_Star

Akina's EG5. Haters welcome

To be fair - the other side looked a bit better. :lol: That was a wednesday afternoon arch - I was leaving Thursday. Will be nice to get it sorted over winter.
  2. Akina_Speed_Star

It was just dusty.. the A34/43 didn't air-dry it as well as I had anticipated. Teach them not to touch!
  3. Akina_Speed_Star

Maybe next time. I need to buy some rear arches first.
  4. Akina_Speed_Star

I can see why people only tend to do it matte black... It hides a multitude of sins. Whereas white highlights every last imperfection. Nevermind. It's a JAE only paint job :lol:
  5. Akina_Speed_Star

Cheers guys :) It's as finished as I can get it before JAE. The great unveiling on Friday :D
  6. Akina_Speed_Star

No sleep 'til JAE...
  7. Akina_Speed_Star

Yeah, I am rattle canning it in the garage. Only way I can get it done in 3 days lol. Not fussed on the finish as it'll be all coming off over winter. I can only reach one side at a time - the garage is too small haha!!
  8. Akina_Speed_Star

Ok, so JAE preparations are going a little slower than I would like. The car is painted on one side. The front bumper is painted but not fitted - and the splitter has been 'repaired'. Still to do before Thursday morning: 1. fill passenger side arch to fit wheel. 2. paint rear bumper 3...
  9. Akina_Speed_Star

Thanks guys :-) Filled one of the rear arches today - also removed the redundant aerial from the A-pillar (no radio required when you have Vtec). Still got the passenger side to do - as well as a Blue Peter style respray. I'm going White - mainly because it's easier - and White cars are...
  10. Akina_Speed_Star

Cheers guys :D
  11. Akina_Speed_Star

Suits' JDM S2000

If I'm going with PINK wheels, the least you could do was have blue lol.
  12. Akina_Speed_Star

Soooooo, I was hungry for a project EG and this POS turned up for a £monkey. It's the ESi, better than I hoped for that price because it's got rear discs and coilovers. The 1.6ltr Vtec is pretty nippy too. It's some sort of greeny blue with a black bonnet and the wheels are from a Mini Cooper...
  13. Akina_Speed_Star

Fitting JDM wind deflectors

fit double sided tape and put into the window frame? any pics?
  14. Akina_Speed_Star

EG Body kits: Where?

I'm not so JDM that I must have Mugen etc... But just wondered if anyone recommends a company to trade with who supplies kits? Thanks :)
  15. Akina_Speed_Star

Newbie - Modifications Advice

Cat-1 alarm/immobiliser and tracker? :lol: At the end of the day, it's your car, you do what you want with it :) Unless you are a figure whore, keep the backbox for now and maybe get a custom one made that is a little more free flowing somewhere down the line.
  16. Akina_Speed_Star

TRO logo in vector or .jpg?

Hi Admin peeps, Does anyone have either the font or logo (type-r-owners.co.uk) I could pinch? Thanks
  17. Akina_Speed_Star

No man, the sky was too orange sadly.

No man, the sky was too orange sadly.
  18. Akina_Speed_Star

PM'd

PM'd
  19. Akina_Speed_Star

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

In reality, he's going to be telling G how to get home. :D
  20. Akina_Speed_Star

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

Blah blah blah wheels... Blah blah blah brakes... Yes, yes very nice, but look at the size of his hand!!! No wonder you look shocked!!!
  21. Akina_Speed_Star

ipod and stereo

I was only giving the guy a cheaper option with the features he asked for lol. Sorry I forgot to add IMO.
  22. Akina_Speed_Star

ipod and stereo

I bought the JVC KD-R701 when I was looking for a new iPod/iPhone compatible stereo. Does everything the Alpine one does, remote control etc. - plus you can change the colours to whatever you want - (literally 1000's of options) and have a different lights on / lights off colour.. which is...
  23. Akina_Speed_Star

Thatcham CAT 1 Mobile Alarm Fitter... Recommended.

He's 90% on his own I think, but does freelance work for companies when they have too much demand for their own staff - don't ask who though - I didn't find out lol. Yep, he wrote out the certificate on the day, but said if the insurance company want it - sent them a photocopy as you'll...
  24. Akina_Speed_Star

Not that I saw! Fully fitted CAT 1 Hornet alarm/immobiliser (including an extra cental locking door motor because the S-MX didn't have one) for a snip over £200. I'm sure you can get them a few ££ cheaper if you search hard enough, but tbh I like my stuff to work too lol. Comes with a 12 month...
  25. Akina_Speed_Star

Glad to help! He's a good guy and apart from an LED on the steering collumn and a button hidden under the dash - you wouldn't know it had been fiddled with :)
  26. Akina_Speed_Star

Well as most posts (not on this forum obviously) seem to be slagging off companies and services - I would like to take a second to actually praise and recommend someone for a change. I was looking around for a car alarm as the S-MX wasn't spec'd with one as standard and obviously the CAT1's...
  27. Akina_Speed_Star

Another CTR Ruined

As above :lol:
  28. Akina_Speed_Star

Another CTR Ruined

Boo hoo, so someone modified the Civic to their individual taste... Get over it - it's a car.
  29. Akina_Speed_Star

Useful sat nav security advice

And wipe the 'ring' marks off your windscreen too - people look for those because they know something will almost certainly be in the glovebox.
  30. Akina_Speed_Star

Sexy Bride!

You want to check the size before you order - Bride's are usually designed for little Japanese racers... Which can mean they are a no-go for gaijin asses. I got into one once and thought I'd need the fire brigade to come and cut me out.
  31. Akina_Speed_Star

Black EK9 Type R for sale

The original 'Initial G' lol. I'm not a fan of them in black - seems like a good buy tho.
  32. Akina_Speed_Star

MY DC5

Nice 8) Good pics for a phone tho, just goes to show how crap mine is then. :cry:
  33. Akina_Speed_Star

FN2 No change in engine for new Civic Type-R

I suppose it could be worse. But then again, if they have plans for an RR model (which will get a performance tweak) - why spend money developing an engine for the sake of it.
  34. Akina_Speed_Star

500bhp!!!

May I just say b*****ks Any car could have 1000bhp (it may not be for long tho!). Most of the UK tuners are a joke IMO.
  35. Akina_Speed_Star

FN2 New CTR officially announced today by Honda....

Weren't the 'JDM' EP3's built in Swindon and shipped to Japan? Or did I dream that?
  36. Akina_Speed_Star

FN2 New CTR officially announced today by Honda....

Just thought you might be interested.
Back