• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

98 spec dc2 bearing size

I have just got some 36mm karcepts hubs for my k swap and it said standard bearings would fit. The diameter of the hubs is 43mm and the ek9 bearings are 42mm. Can anyone tell me the size of the 98 spec dc2 wheel bearing? The ek9 one is 78mm x 42mm x 41mm
  2. J

Could do with some advice please ?? feel like selling :(

If you need complete standard shocks and springs people are always breaking ep3's on ctro
  3. J

1/4 Mile Times

My best at USC last weekend was 13.49 spinning right through first and second. My car is a K20/K24 EK9 246bhp and 196ft/lb. I'm hoping to get into 12's with better tyres and some more experience. It was my first time drag racing
  4. J

K20 gearset building shim question

I have access to auto data. Could it be on there?
  5. J

K20 gearset building shim question

I have put the standard final drive back in my K20 gearbox as I have had to get 4th gear synchro replaced and the synchro hub after having carbon lined synchros fitted on gears 1-4 and 4th was cruching. I decided to put it back to standard as the gears were to short for the new K24. My question...
  6. J

Gearbox knocking noise

Here's a video of it Ep3 gearbox knocking sound - YouTube My k24 ek9 with an EP3 gearbox fitted with a mfactory lsd with new bearings and a fd2 5.06 final drive. It makes this noise on axle stands in 3rd gear on tick over when the engine warms and the idle drops. Does anyone know what's...
  7. J

Which induction pipe? 70mm throttle body to PW JDM intake (DC5/EP3>

Double post please delete thread. Stupid phone
  8. J

Which induction pipe? 70mm throttle body to PW JDM intake (DC5/EP3>

As the title explains i need an induction pipe to fit between these. I was thinking an FD2 samco induction hose could do the trick. Any suggestions or examples of what you are using already?
  9. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

Cheers guys. Yeah it'll be easy enough to put the engine back in its just frustrating waiting on people and parts to turn up!
  10. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

So I had the car on the road for 2 days then this happened to the big end bearings on cylinder number 3... Gutted isn't the word. It was a mixture of not enough oil in (even though there was still quite a bit or a possible blocked pick up pipe). So I took the engine out and took it to the...
  11. J

k20a2 timing tensioner replacement

I got my chain and tensioner changed when i got my cams fitted and chain was very stretched. TDI were surprised it never jumped a tooth. I only had the car 1000 miles :confused:
  12. J

Engine build questions- Possibly hi compression or K24

A couple of months ago my engine started knocking so I took it straight home, took the engine out, found out one shell was destroyed so took it to an engine builder to get the crank reground, lightened and balanced and new shells made. This morning I get a call saying I need a new conrod and the...
  13. J

Bottom end knocking

I'm taking the engine out and leaving it with the guy who is building my engine and he's is going to get the crank re-ground and balanced then sort the bearings out for me. Job done cheers guys!
  14. J

Bottom end knocking

I've stripped it and had a look and its will need regrinding as its scored slightly. I'm going to order the ACL main and big end bearings and thrust washers from CPL tomorrow. Will these be o.k or should i get the crank ground then measured first?
  15. J

Bottom end knocking

Will the crank definately need regrinding? On the hondaoriginal parts website there are 6 different types of crank bearings coded with different colours. Which ones do i need?
  16. J

Bottom end knocking

My bottom end started knocking today after a spirited drive. The first one since my engine conversion (k20a2). I should have checked the oil as it was low but never mind the damage has been done now. I'm going to replace the bottom end bearings and I was wondering what parts other than the...
  17. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

Cheers guys :). It could be running better as its mapped to run without a cat and 2 lamda sensors in so it should be much better tomorrow. This shell isn't great. Its needs new back arches, doors and a respray but it was the only yellow one for sale at the time so I bit the bullet. I'm a...
  18. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

The best update i've done so far... It passed the MOT today! Months of hard work finally paid off. Although i haven't had much chance to drive it yet and i'm in work on nights so it'll have to wait :(
  19. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

Yeah its surprising how fast it is. Especially as i have been driving a 95 1.2 corsa while I've been building it lol
  20. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

Will do mate. MOT is today so see how it goes
  21. J

How to fit the fuel system on a k swap

When fitting my fuel system I came across a few problems and struggled to get definitive answers when searching the internet. Here's an easy how to guide of how to do it Picture 1: Fuel return from fuel pressure regulator Picture 2: Fuel pressure regulator Picture 3: Fuel rail to fuel...
  22. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

Thanks again guys. I wanted to do it with a yellow ek9 as I love the shape and colour and there wasn't many already done :)
  23. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

Cheers guys :D. If your going to do it make sure you have plenty in your budget! Its well worth it though. I'm going to make a shield for the filter to protect it from spray from the wheel. The B16B was sold to a guy in austria!
  24. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

Cheers mate. Almost finished now. Its in with an auto electrician at the moment then in for an MOT. Fingers crossed!
  25. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

My re-furbished Cam cover came on Monday to so I fitted it tonight. Pretty pleased with how it looks! Where the engine came from. My poor EP3 I finally got time to spray all the parts i got shot blasted With some heavy duty laquer for extra protection The interior is also going back...
  26. J

Jack's PY K20 EK9

First of all hi everyone. This is my on going build of my EK9. I've never done a build thread before but I've read plenty. This is my second Honda as my first was an EP3 (which has donated its engine for this one). I bought the car in October for quite cheap from Portsmouth which is 7 hours...
  27. J

what lengh/size auxiliary belt for a non a/c dc5

I also need one if anyone can help?
Back