• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. kreddie

EP3 air con issue, Cam seal leak and o2 sensor issue - Has my car lost power?

fukn ell, a last post - paid nearly 6ton to get a service from tdi north back then, learned alot since ***, parts cost about 50 quid max! and I should have done the service meself! They do say older and wiser! And you don't have to be a mechanic, it's easy work, just youtube or google it. Lost...
  2. kreddie

small oil leak from under filter any ideas ???

I had the same problem and thought it could have been 800 to repair, turned out to be the filter which was not tight enough (phew)
  3. kreddie

Aircon Help?

Maybe a bit late mate but I read on here somewhere that it is plus or minus 25g on 525g. That's what I told the garage I got mine done at.
  4. kreddie

UPDATE: After getting a re-gas today, all seems fine with the air con, no leaks or sounds of leaks detected so made up :-). Next job is my service from TDI North after having the full whack last year then it's sorting the bad paint repair (do not use Quicker repairs Kirkby for people in...
  5. kreddie

Was it the low pressure pipe by any chance? Just tried changing the condenser this evening, everything went fine apart from getting the nut off the lower pipe(took over an hour - fiddly as hell!). The lower pipe sheered too when I tried to pull the pipe free(small part of connection on pipe...
  6. kreddie

Engine management light on, self diagnosis.

That's what she said after i'd been the doctors! Just giving some advice about what happened to me and I've seen people posting problems with the pins etc being messed.... I wouldn't try it again but if it is a tried and tested method that works everyone is entitled to do it and the post is...
  7. kreddie

Caliper Overhaul/Service

I think it was dot 4 brake fluid (I checked online first and I think the service manual states this too but double check) - glad I could help also.
  8. kreddie

Easy to do if you are unsure and seeking advice in the first place though, just letting people know to be a little bit careful.
  9. kreddie

Hi all, I tried to do this and ended up shorting a couple of fuses so be careful and it reset my central locking which I was lucky to find how to fix :eek:. The cheapest and best way I did it was to buy an OBDII lead I think for about £15 and this gave me all my codes I needed with the basic...
  10. kreddie

UPDATE: AIR CON: After finally getting round to having the air con re-gassed with dye, the system has a leak! And thankfully it's the condenser which seems to be a common issue I have found while searching the web. Debating whether to fit the new one I have ordered myself or get the garage...
  11. kreddie

Caliper Overhaul/Service

I recently had mine done, pretty easy if you know what you are doing and takes less than an hour. I bought a service Kit off ebay for about £45 or £50 as my old piston was rusty and jamming the front wheel - Comes with all seals and grease etc and this is basically all you need unless you can...
  12. kreddie

Hi Munki, sorry for the late reply, mine needs regassing but with dye to see if there is a leak, I still haven't got round to getting another garage to do it, need to find a decent one in Liverpool area. Another garage told me Kwik fit are renowned for not putting the right weight/pressure of...
  13. kreddie

Update: Took the car to TDI North today for a check over and my oil leak was due to the oil filter being loose which they tightened. Have now booked the full service and minor rectifications (rocker cam, transmission seals and some other wear an tear issues) so very pleased. Air con issue...
  14. kreddie

Thanks all and Milanochris for the replies and advice - i think a trip to tdi north is on the cards so have booked time off work and will get my car checked for the oil and a/c issue; I have replaced the o2/lambda with the new although 2nd hand official one and done 50 miles today and the...
  15. kreddie

Thanks for the info Lottie, I was hoping it wouldn't cost so much - the leak on mine seeps from a gap in the plate covering the flywheel and as I seen oil from the top gasket part I thought that maybe replacing this 'rocker/gasket' cover seal would be the best place to start. I am looking at the...
  16. kreddie

Thanks Lottie, can you give me some idea how you got this fixed and the cost to have it done? Where is the crank seal too? Thanks
  17. kreddie

Thanks all just am addition to the oil leak, I have attached a couple of images, one shows where I think the oil is originating from possibly in the leak if it is not the oil filter, I can't see oil seeping out of here though but as in the picture it seems to be wet with oil there and I have...
  18. kreddie

Thanks for the advice and I have heard great reviews about tdi so I will try an get my car booked in once I have had the o2 replaced.
  19. kreddie

Thanks milanochris, I am from Liverpool and thanks for reading and replying to my post. The car does use about a litre of oil per 1000 miles or so but there is a small leak like the size of a ten or fifty pence piece left each morning, the kwik fit guy did say he thought it was the cam seal...
  20. kreddie

Hi all, I have owned my ep3 ctr since October last year and all seemed fine but I am having some issues lately, I bought it with air con and was told as the summer was over the previous owner didn't bother getting it regassed so I thought nothing of it until I got it done at Kwik fit and it...
Back