• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. K

FK8 FK8 Pop up hood sensors

I’m in the same boat. Some **** hit mine whilst it was parked up. Fortunately I think I just need a sensor. If your bonnet “pinged” up then the pyros have gone off by the sounds of it and your bonnet hinges and pyros need replacing too?
  2. K

FK8 A few questions... Differences? Or am i stupid?

One click down is auto, two clicks is regular wipe, 3 is fast isn’t it?
  3. K

FK8 A few questions... Differences? Or am i stupid?

I thought we decided in the Facebook group yours is 5w30 because you have a Gasoline Particulate Filter?
  4. K

FK8 Hot weather and boost pressure observations

Isn’t the Nurburgring quite high above sea level? With changing elevations. However a car that held a lap record at the Nurburgring you’d think would be able to stay cool there. Air con on by any chance?
  5. K

FK2 Aha app

Install it via the Honda app on the head unit? I think you still need to pair the phone via Wi-fi though for the data. Also it’s not a main stream radio, so you won’t get like bbc or capital on there.
  6. K

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Evo 8 Enkeis look Great on the EP3
  7. K

There’s a decent thread on Civicx with lots of pics and specs. Worth a look for ideas, A lot of people are dropping to 18’s https://www.civicx.com/threads/civic-type-r-after-market-wheel-guide.13994/ I’m waiting for someone to fit these “turbo fan” covers that have come back in. I reckon they...
  8. K

Personally I’m not a fan of those Rotiforms, I don’t think the style suits the Car at all. Each to their own I suppose. They look a bit like Rota Grids I think.
  9. K

FK8 Rev limiter before 7K?

One of the things I miss from the FK2 to the FK8 is the extra info like oil temp I think with Ktuner you can get the extra dials on the radio display though?
  10. K

FK8 Rev limiter before 7K?

The Remus makes a nice ”dsg Fart” when traction control kicks in :p
  11. K

FK2 Accessory function

You’ve pressed the button before the clutch pedal is all the way down. I do it in my FK8 all the time. I guess you have the text descriptions on in the settings for the warnings.
  12. K

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

No, because that wouldn’t be tinted. I’m not talking some daft plastic strip stuck on the outside. So for example my Porsche had a tinted band in the top of the windscreen which reduced glare.
  13. K

Has anyone fitted a tinted sunstrip? I’m really surprised the screen didn’t come with a top tint.
  14. K

Apple play is fine for me, I use it daily with Waze and music and WhatsApp. They added a function in one of the iOS updates that basically stops the phone pairing with usb devices unless it’s been unlocked in so long. I found out about it when I had my FK2. Have you disabled this option? As...
  15. K

Standard car or has it been modded? Hard to tell from the comments Edit: He’s posted now that’s its modded, around 400hp. The open deck design is what worries me with these engines though.
  16. K

As a reference the carbon roof on a new 911 is only a £2517 option
  17. K

What did you do to your Type R today?

My EP3 was 106db with an N1 rep and 2.5” R8BYB b pipe and gruppe m.. Can only imagine what 143db sounded like :eek:
  18. K

The sport seems to have a different spoiler from what I saw on google images, this one is even in the brochure for the R. Air can flow below below it as it’s open, it’s seems to be doing alright on Dreams Car
  19. K

I think my what joke may have gone over your head :p
  20. K

So has anyone got the optional roof spoiler fitted? I’m a bit on the fence about it and there doesn’t seem to be many pics around. Dream have it fitted to their FK8 and a chap on one of the forums has it fitted to their red Fk8 from what I’ve seen so far. Anyone got any pics of it on a black car?
  21. K

My girlfriend keeps threatening to key mine :confused:
  22. K

It a little white dongle that comes in the sound controller box. I think it pairs with the app and allows you to set extra parameters, so flap percentage at pre set rpm basically. I didn’t bother to plug mine in as I just turn it on or off when I want. They probably just plugged yours in if you...
  23. K

I went for the Rolled tips on mine, I’ll have to grab a pic. Personally I didn’t like how the other tips looked. In regards to the sound controller, I’ve been leaving it on 100% open, it’s not that loud at all, only really when you put your foot down. I just switch it back to 0% as i arrive...
  24. K

As above “YOLO”
  25. K

Finally chucked my Remus on at the weekend, be warned you may have to extend the positive wire of the Remus loom to get it to reach the boot lamp, you also have to grind the spot weld on the plate to fit the motor for the flap. I found pairing the remote isn’t straight forward either. You have...
  26. K

FK8 First Service Oil Change

As long as it’s the correct grade and reaches Honda's specification there shouldn’t really be an issue. You’ll find franchises have different agreements with oil suppliers across their group. 0w20 is the important part here. It’s something the oil companies were asked to develop to help reduce...
  27. K

I’ve got a Remus ready to throw on, however I’m only 2400 odd miles away from my oil change and B Service. Anyone got an aftermarket exhaust fitted and been in for servicing? Did your dealer notice or say anything? Did it affect your warranty?
  28. K

I saw something the other day where you can fit the earlier style switch that had a swipe touch type volume. Supposedly they took this type of switch off after complaints of accidental operation. So I think I saw it on facebook but it’s linked over on civicx...
  29. K

https://www.bridgetogantry.com/renaultsport-just-set-a-new-fwd-production-lap-record-on-the-nordschleife-but-the-2019-rules-might-need-explaining/
  30. K

FK2 FK2-R Changing Gear Issues

I had similar problems which my dealer and Honda wouldn’t rectify, they tried to blame Me or previous owners and then couldn’t reproduce it, even though another Dealer already had a look and said there were problems. 1st gear wouldn’t always engage going from neutral for example at lights, you...
  31. K

FK8 Bridgestone Potenza S001?

I would rotate wheels when fitting new tyres, in my experience you’re better off with the new set of tyres on the rear.
  32. K

FK8 Bridgestone Potenza S001?

I've never liked Bridgestones since my EP3 had them, as said above they're too hard and not great in the wet. However this was 2008 so they may be better these days, but I wont ever get them again. I'll be going for Michelin PS4's when it comes to changing the Continentals. I had Michelins on...
  33. K

Basically I had ordered one for my Fk2 during Black Friday but then I ended up getting the Fk8 so Tegiwa let me return it for credit and pay the difference. I have the system with the front pipe and sound controller and Rolled tips. I’ll throw it on at some point, I’m gonna protect the tips...
  34. K

There’s a guy on Instagram who stored his on the wall :lol: I’m fortunate that when I fit my Remus I can store it in the back at work Speaking of which, I ordered the front pipe too, should I heat wrap it? I think I read on the us forum that the std front pipe has heat shields which the...
  35. K

FK8 Had FK8 just over 6 months, a few little niggles .....

I had a bit of condensation in mine the other day, I just put it down to changing a bulb. To a certain degree they will condensate, obviously depends how serious it is whether you’ll get a replacement under warranty
  36. K

FK8 Had FK8 just over 6 months, a few little niggles .....

9000 Miles on mine. Bought used before Xmas with about 6000 odd on it and I use it daily 15 miles to work and back. Annoyingly my rear quarter seals are starting to lift at the front edges on both sides. Slight wind noise from the drivers door. The seat fabric is creased but expect that...
  37. K

Looks like an EK9 with that spoiler and from that angle. How come spoon are messing with an FK7 and not an Fk8?
  38. K

FK8 K&N Performance Air Filter?

Fitted one at the weekend, it’s not as loud as the Fk2 was but with radio off and passenger window down you can hear it.
  39. K

FK8 Tyre Deflation System

You could always get the tyres nitrogen filled, supposedly more stable.
  40. K

FK8 Tyre Deflation System

Must be something in the water? Mine has done it too. I’d say it’s warmed up this week so possibly contributing to it? Cold air being denser and all that?
  41. K

FK8 FK8 Oil?

I’ve used Mobil 0w20 in mine as a top up. Mainly cause I had it for my Fk2 and we stock it at work. Pretty sure when I checked it met the requirements. One thing I will say though is it’s green for some reason?
  42. K

Do new FK8 have a Gasoline particulate filter now? When I was looking about on the eu remus site I noticed they had 2 options and one was GPF with Euro 6d from 05/2018> Just curious if that has affected performance of the later cars?
  43. K

possible attempted hack?

Dear Koston, Someone has tried to log into your account on Type R Owners Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes. The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address...
Back