• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. C

Sound system louder when engine off?

Have you done the big 3 under the bonnet. Basically the 3 cables, usually 4 gauge, but 0 gauge being the best which include Battery to chassis Engine to chassis Alternator to battery?
  2. C

Thinking of going from AEM v2 back to stock(spoon drop in)

Replacement filter for AEM V2 - http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=CIVIC&year=2001%2B+EP3+CIVIC+TYPE+R&level1=AIR+INDUCTION&level2=AIR+FILTERS&level3=UNIVERSAL+CONE+FILTERS&id_product=6789
  3. C

Thinking of going from AEM v2 back to stock(spoon drop in)

I have just gone from an AEM v2 back to a standard air box. Actually prefer listening to the smooth exhaust tone of a piper non res (amazing deep tone) compared to the AHHHHHHH in your face from the induction kit. lol. Vtec is more like boost in a way where it just picks up speed quite quickly...
  4. C

Best colour for an EP3?

NHB for me. Hard to keep clean, but looks best when time has been taken to get the paint looking its best.
  5. C

Standard airbox idea/mod

I did do that, but I feel the need to experiment and try something else while still using the standard air box. :)
  6. C

Standard airbox idea/mod

People say many things, people also like to join the band wagon also. Personally I would like to read first hand experience with using the mugen airbox with dyno results to prove how poor people say this air box is. I myself can't see much benefit but then again, I'm no engineer, just an...
  7. C

Alloy Colour Change / Different Alloys...?

Why not try giving it a go yourself. I plan to try this and refurb my wheels at the same time. If you try it and dont like the colour, simply peel it off...
  8. C

Standard airbox idea/mod

Just thinking out loud really. After spending some time looking at various induction kits and the shape and design of them, they all seem to have an air filter which is enclosed in a tightly fitted surround. For example, the GM, a round air filter enclosed in a tightly fitted carbon case with...
  9. C

205/40/17 or 215/40/17 ??

I was thinking the same thing recently tyre wise, but went for a 215/40/17 prada spec 2. Seems that a lot of people don;t rate them on here but they handle fine in the rain if you don;t drive like an idiot. Even managed to drive up my steep road (quite steep actually) overtaking people in 4x4s...
  10. C

LED Sidelights

I buy all my leds from ultraleds.co.uk Might be a little more £ but over the years of buying led bulbs from them, none of them have ever burned out or died. Still got the same set from 3 years ago in my current car...
  11. C

Standard EP3 headlights are a bit rubbish! and possible dipper issuer

I think they are quite good in my opinion. I currently use Osram Nightbreakers with good results on H4 also. Quite a difference in brightness and distance over many cars with standard lamps. Nothing like HID's and never will be but much more light output and whiter also. :) As for the light...
  12. C

Castrol or Fuchs

As far as I know, Castrol make Halfords oil at the moment. I myself use Fuchs 5W40 as recommended by Opie Oils.
  13. C

EP3 Modifications

I have a non res piper on my civic ep3. Quite loud even with the cat in. Silly loud with the decat pipe in (tried it, took it out) lol Video was taken off my samsung note but it's a rough idea sound wise. Best to watch in 720p for better sound and video. :)...
  14. C

my ep3 ctr

Nice looking motor. So far looks exactly the same as mine. Heko wind deflectors, such a cheap mod but looks really good! Prefer these to the stick on ones. Took them straight off when I had my skyline not knowing that I could of sold them for a pretty penny. Hey ho. lol
  15. C

Anyone running 0 Gauge?

Ahh fair enough. Thanks for that :)
  16. C

Yokohama Parada Spec 2

I had Prada Spec 2's on my old 2007 seat ibiza fr tuned to around 250bhp with 300lbs torque. Never ever had a problem with them in the dry or the rain. Driving to the conditions. Only problem I had was when it started to get too cold they wasnt all that, quite dangerous but they are summer...
  17. C

Headlight bulb advice

I use Osram Nightbreakers but they are not close enough to a white LED. I'm sure the Philips Blue Vision Ultra lamps will be more on par with a white LED :)
  18. C

Anyone running 0 Gauge?

Will be working on an audio install in my ctr soon, but has anyone had any issues with getting a 0 gauge cable from the battery to the boot?
  19. C

Alarm - no noise but lights flashing

What year car on the cubby tray under the drivers seat as I just checked my 2002 ctr and got nothing.
  20. C

what would you pick?

I would go for Piper, as that is what I have on my car. Really nice deep tone when driving around normally and screams when driven hard. Well worth the money!!!
  21. C

Password JDM carbon fibre induction kit

Not yet. I decided to go with an AEM v2 for the time being. For me to fit the induction kit I would need to get a decent racing spec type battery for my needs, as the one they offer on the funky power website would not be up to running the car and an audio install I plan to do next year. Also...
  22. C

Japspeed 4-2-1 de-cat mainfold

i have been toying with the idea of getting this manifold also. So many good reviews of the Japspeed stuff, plus I know on a skyline forum (used to have an r34 before the civic) used to rate them as lot as they supplied good gear and have a really good customer relationship. How is it running...
  23. C

Resonated or not..??

I have a piper cat back non res and damn its loud! Can get annoying on motorways but it's a small price to pay for such and awesome sound.
  24. C

5W40 oil??

Opie Oils FTW. Got Fuchs 5W40 in my EP3 (was recommended by Opie Oils because of the Vtec system). Hardly drinks oil at all and Vtec is used on a daily basis. Really good stuff!!!
  25. C

How low is your middle pipe?

Thanks for the reply's. Looks like I'll be in for some scraping then. lol.
  26. C

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Filled up a full tank today so will find out. £59 for 40 litres. Usually getting around 110-140 miles to 21 litres so should double what I am getting really.
  27. C

How low is your middle pipe?

Since fitting my piper non rex cat back on my ctr I had a look and it's looking rather low. Must be around 4 inches from ground to the bottom of the pipe. Everything was fitted correctly and all the rubber mounts are still stiff and strong. Was looking at lowering it soon but wanted to see...
  28. C

ctr-toms NHB EP3

Quite impressed with the gloss and shine of the car at the moment. To be honest, the car is actually dirty in the picture. Might not look it but it is. lol. I had been approached by a car cleaning company and was asked if I could sample some of their gear. Things are looking good so far!
  29. C

ctr-toms NHB EP3

Finally got round to buying and fitting a new cat back to the car. It's a Piper cat back, non res, so rather loud! The sound this kit chucks out is just amazing. 2.5" pipe gives it a nice deep roar, much different to all the other exhausts I have watched on youtube. Much prefer this sound over...
  30. C

Wider tyres on standard ep3 alloys?

I see where you are coming from. I would guess that because of the tyres I plan to get would have a stiffer sidewall, the "rolly" effect should be reduced. Either going to go for thee tyres of the yoko prada spec 2 (which have a rather stiff sidewall), depending what sizes I can get hold of.
  31. C

Password JDM carbon fibre induction kit

I will be getting on in the near future just to be different and give it a go.
  32. C

Cool. Currently got 215/45/17 all wround with RE050A on the front. Not bad tyre in the dry but can get dodgy with a slight bit of rain and that's driving normally. Never mind, these will be going on after all this cold weather comes and goes.
  33. C

Perfect. lol Thanks for the picture. Looks the business!!! Price wise, blackcircles seems to be doing them for around £133 fitted. I'm happy with that. :)
  34. C

They are the exact tyres I was looking at, hence the question. lol. How do they handle compared to standard width tyres?
  35. C

Sometime early next year my ep3 will be needing tyres all around and have been looking around at all brands just to see what is about. Downside is some of the tyres I am looking at only come in 225 wide. Is that going to cause any issues or give the car that "monster look"? Car is standard...
  36. C

Cleaning

By cleaning do you mean just a simple wash, dry and wax or more in to the detailing side of things?
  37. C

Which shampoo??

Not keen on the Autoglym shampoo as it had stripped all the wax off my previous cars. Spending 30 hours detailing a car, then after 4 weeks finding no wax on the car, not a happy bunny! I only ever touch products which are PH neutral like Dodo Juice, and now currently trying out Megs NXT...
  38. C

Powerslot Big Brake EP3

Well after getting in touch with a few seller of the product, they all say that the calipers need to be shaved. Well if that's the case, so be it. New brakes here I come. :D
  39. C

EP3 budget track car build

What are the alloys and the size of the tires. Looks awesome!
  40. C

Powerslot Big Brake EP3

I have had a look through the search engine but could not the reply I am after so I'm hoping this new thread might shine some light. This is the link to the website link Link states that bigger alloys would need to be used, but I have read on here that the calipers can be shaved so they can...
  41. C

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Filled up the tank on Monday as I was working away and from monday till when I got to Thurrock Services I did 310 miles. Worked it out at around 28mpg. All motorway with a little vtec fun. Don't seem all that great to me to be honest. :/.
  42. C

JDM Password?? Any Good?

I plan to get one of these in the near future. I like to be different. Plan to relocate the battery to the boot anyway so no real issue there. I sure this mixed with the mugen grill could be a good combo with a custom air feed to the air filter for some nice cold air. Gains are supposed to...
  43. C

My DC2. Haters please assemble at Pg87

Don't take this the wrong way, but do you think it's wise to drive like that with your daughter in the car? :hide: I only ever put my foot down when on my own, because I know I could never live with myself should the worst happen.
  44. C

ctr-toms NHB EP3

So I've now had the car for a week and the mods have already started. Only small things at the moment but these included, Rear De-Wiper Led Main Interior Light LED Side lights Front tires are shocking bad in the wet as I found out today, so will plan to fit some new tires soon as well as new...
  45. C

ctr-toms NHB EP3

Small world. lol. Yeah, picked it up from Mike Friday. I take it you are the previous owner before me then?
  46. C

ctr-toms NHB EP3

Thanks. :) Nothing special, just a plain ol standard civic, well at the moment anyway. Hmm, well today they said if there was over 15 car I believe then it would be £35 or £40 is less than 15 cars. As for runs, what happened with me was the guy did a 4-5 runs to get the most out of the car...
  47. C

ctr-toms NHB EP3

Finally got hold of the car yesterday. Quite impressed but man does the car drone rather loud on the motorway, and that's in standard form, but it's all good. lol Car is a 2002 NHB EP3 with Air-con. Paint work at the front end is not amazing (stone chips but this was expected) and all the...
  48. C

How does this sound + quick question

Just found this and god this sounds sexual. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzL3vWi3jOs&feature=related Does this sound like it has a silencer on the b-pipe or not? Reason I ask is because you can get the cat back with or without a silencer on the b-pipe from what I believe
  49. C

Does sub cab have much effect on the car?

Thanks for that. Already saw this thread. :)
  50. C

Does sub cab have much effect on the car?

I have been thinking about getting back in to my car audio and thought about fitting a sound system to the Civic. In my one of my previous cars I had this installed. Was tuned to 28hz and was approx 140db. Sadly the cab did not get finished as I joined a band and got annoyed with having to...
  51. C

Insurance costs for people under 25

I', going to pay 1k a year for fully comp with all the trimmings with Bell. I'm also 23 with 3 years ncb.
  52. C

Tyre Shine

I use a product called Black Diamond Tire and Trims. Best stuff I have used in a long time!
Back