• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. C

Detailing....

pro detailer it is then, that would be excellent mate, keep in touch and let me know whats what. Do you detail all sorts of cars or do you tend to do higher end stuff? id love to be a pro detailer, i know its a lot harder than it looks and im sure you can make a pretty decent living out of it...
  2. C

Detailing....

i take it your a proffesional valeter then? Im in cheshire mate, a town called macclefield. I need to get some more devil shine, i dont normally dilute it as its so cheap, think i pay about £8 for a big bottle of it. Any discounts on any products would be excellent mate if you can manage it.
  3. C

Detailing....

Thanks very much mate, Im not fortunate enough to have a machine so everything is done by hand (good for the arms though). I use the 2 bucket method and just use a normal karcher power hose. Can i get a snow foam attachment for it do you think, or do i fill the small reservoirs attached to it...
  4. C

Detailing....

thanks very much for all your advice. I really wish i had a car port to avoid washing it in the sun as obviously thats when most people want to do it. I use the demon shine alot and for the money its brilliant, if i cant be bothered to do a full polish and wax just whip out the old demon shine...
  5. C

Detailing....

i will get the bilt hamber next time, i think they have that on ebay too. I will also look into the duragloss stuff too. How often should i be claying and waxing?
  6. C

Detailing....

thanks joe, thats alot of washing! im going to flood the driveway! just need some nice weather now.
  7. C

Detailing....

thanks mate, dont get sacked on my account. I have heard good things about the bilberry stuff i may have to order some off ebay, i think it was about a tenner. I have been using a microfibre mitt up untill now when washing my car. No matter what i do im always left with the 'water spot' marks...
  8. C

Detailing....

Hi mate, i recently blew a fair wedge buying a load of megs products, from the clay detailing kit and metal polish to the carnauba wax and tyre gel. So far i have been really impressed with the results of each one although i thought the metal polish was pretty crap. Anyway, a couple of questions...
  9. C

Interior plastic paint colour

yeah im tempted to go silver too. I know its a little off the subject but just had my wheels refurbed and done in back, sanded my centre caps down and sprayed them, then i put new "H" badges on then lacquered them. made a massive difference and protects them well. Is the shade of silver you went...
  10. C

i think it will look pretty smart, im pretty tempted to do mine gloss black. Is it pretty easy to remove the dash etc? Definatley lacquer them mate, it will give it a much better finish and wil protect it from getting scratched etc.
  11. C

looks pretty smart mate, id definatley lacquer them though, you can get a can off ebay for 3 or 4 quid.
  12. C

The CF stuff looks cool, just dont trust myself to do it, think i wil make a right balls up of it. Cant really justify spending £60 on getting someone else to do it either.
  13. C

Valve Clearance questions

£66 seems pretty reasonable, Should i be having a "big" service around the 100k mark anyway? I might just bring my car up to you, im only in macclesfield
  14. C

the car has done 95k now, i believe 2 previous owners have been on this site and a few guys recognise the car. It seems to have been really well looked after and wanted for nothing but i dont like taking chances with cars. I may aswell get it booked in at the garage and have everything checked...
  15. C

hmmm i havent had my car long and dont recall seeing a reciept for it, might get it done soon as its sounds a little tappity now
  16. C

why would the car be faster? and what are the consequences of leaving it and not having it done?
  17. C

oh, and how will i know when they need doing, my ctr has done 95k now and is starting to sound a tiny bit tappity, does that sound like they will need doing soon?
  18. C

hmm i'll take it to my mates garage, perhaps taking it to honda is a silly idea, and me doing it even sillier. Thanks
  19. C

is it an easy job for someone with no mechanical experience though? How much would Honda charge me to do this?
  20. C

typhoon air intake

true, i may just upgrade to the tegiwa or injen soon.
  21. C

typhoon air intake

i may do something simlar to this with my aem, i know it doesnt do anything for performance i just love the sound of it. hopefully a caf will make some difference just might look messy in the engine bay
  22. C

typhoon air intake

you need to extend that caf so its an inch or 2 from the filter, the way you have it now will have very little effect
  23. C

sorry to thread crap mate, but is this an easy job to do or is it best left to the pro's?
  24. C

Need new wiper blades...Any recomendations?

Has anyone on the forum tried a single wiper mod at all?
  25. C

Cheers buddy, they'll do the job
  26. C

ive just had a quick scout on ebay and not much seems to come up. Whats the maximum size blade i can use on the front. Dont need rear as i took all that off not so long ago. Ive heard the PIAA ones are good.
  27. C

Are they the Bosch ones? What size blade should i go for?
  28. C

Hi, currently doing a full and very thorough service. Since i have had the car the wiper blades have always been sh*te and am wondering whether anyone can give me any advice or recomend a specific type that gives good results. Thanks
  29. C

Help needed!!

Turns out you were all right, its definatley a prefacelift. Just had it sprayed and am now wondering how it fits. Do i just take the grill mesh out and put the mugen over the top? Are there any how to guides on it? cant seem to find any.
  30. C

can you PM me with a price mate, and tell me what each gauge reads. Cheers
  31. C

Got my insurance renewal....

yeah me too, im an utter disgrace arent i. I shouldnt even be allowed to drive a car, i should be made to walk everywhere.
  32. C

jesus girls, stop crying and chill out. Dont worry about me i'll be fine. I appreciate all the concern, really i do, its beautiful, but you just concentrate on your own lives
  33. C

thankyou for your help
  34. C

Point taken, i will inform them of the change today. I just hope they dont make me pay a ridiculous amount extra because of it
  35. C

i am taking your advice
  36. C

In that case i will, but can i just ask why this would make any difference at all? it doesnt enhance performance? they arent aftermarket wheesl?
  37. C

my car is insured properly. The coilovers were sold over 2 weeks ago now, the only thing that isnt "standard" are the white wheels. Do i need to declare these?
  38. C

i'll think about it
  39. C

Are you serious? So you declare EVERY tiny little thing you add to the car? I would have to be mad to declare these poxy mods just for them to increase my premium by 300 quid
  40. C

I have no mods to declare other than an AEM CAI a mugen splitter and white wheels!!!
  41. C

Pipewerx [Fitted + Pics]

how much did you pay for it mate, looks smart.
  42. C

you're entitled to your opinion, not going to make any difference to me though, but thanks for taking the time to comment
  43. C

yeah mate, do they work? and are they easy to wire up?
  44. C

have you still got the 3 gauges you took out? do they work?
  45. C

oil catch tank...help!!

still saving for the injen buddy, will get it ordered next week, just been getting the wheels refurbed and callipers painted first.
  46. C

Can anyone tell me if these will fit, facelift headlights??

do you know how much he sells them for? If they are too expensive or too fidly to fit im fairly happy to stick with some decent xenon bulbs. I have HID sidelights in at the moment but the previous owner fitted them, granted they do look pretty cool.
  47. C

oil catch tank...help!!

Hi, im looking at buying an oil catch tank, for the sake of a few quid, even if the benefits are small i feel its worth getting. Can anyone tell me what the diameter of the hose will need to be for a tight fit onto the intake on the rocker cover? Obviously this will determine the oil catch tank...
  48. C

How much can you get the HID's for, ive seen kits for £60 on ebay but they look pretty gash. Also are they easy to fit, i dont have much patience for wires and stuff.
  49. C

Cheers matey, really stupid question here, i have an 02 ctr, can you just look at my pic and confirm which headlights i have. I believe they are the facelift ones?? Any Recomendations on which bulbs to get?
  50. C

Hi, i need to get some new bulbs as one has gone. Not bothering with HID's and all that stuff, just need a nice cheap alternative. Can anyone look at the link below and see whether they will fit my car. Cheers...
  51. C

oil breather inlet diameter?

Hi im in the process of buying an oil breather. I havent got my car at the moment so i cant check the diameter, does anyone know what it is?
  52. C

Insurers having my pants down!

yeah its a bargain, was really suprised with it. i paid the £650 off in one go or otherwise it would have been more like £900 if i had done monthly installments.
  53. C

I rang admiral and they quoted me £1100 fully comp, i then asked about the multicar policy, my mrs's policy with churchill doesnt expire untill august but because she promised to go with admiral once her renewal was up they quoted my £650 fully comp. She has a 1.6 mini cooper and wil be paying...
  54. C

admiral, especially if you get the multicar policy! 25 years old, 1 years ncb. £650 fully comp
  55. C

Castrol Edge Professional

im going to wait to see how much it is first before i do my full oil change. I was going to switch to the silkolene pro s but if this stuff is in the same price range i may be swayed
  56. C

i never even noticed that
  57. C

true, it would be pretty cool. Would rather avoid the oil leak though if im honest!
  58. C

sounds good, but expensive!
  59. C

Help needed!!

i will do mate once im back on my feet. Should be getting wheels refurbed early next week and grill sprayed up.
  60. C

Highest Mileage on an EP3

yeah i feel abit happier now knowing that mines done 94k, cant complain though, still runs sweet as a nut.
  61. C

sorry loxy, i did search for it but that link didnt come up
  62. C

thats nice to know!
  63. C

Highest mileage on a ctr?? Hi guys, just wanted to ask whats the highest mileage you have ever seen or heard of on a ctr? only reason i ask is that i have an 02 with 94k on it now, and although its been thoroughly looked after im always worrying about how much life is left it the old girl?
  64. C

mate, im not a sheep, i make my own way in life. I know the difference between right and wrong. I try my hardest to avoid having my life dictated too, especially by corporate businesses, the law and government. Like i said, i know whats good and bad, and i aint a bad person, i just try and live...
  65. C

mate i could declare all my mods, have a crash and the insurance company still dont pay out because i forgot to tell them about my metal dustcaps and my magic tree. I pay enough money as far as im concerned, im fed up of insurance companys taking the ****. they make millions every year, whereas...
  66. C

true. at the end of the day all i have is a mugen splitter, coilovers and an induction kit, oh and white wheels. Its not like i have 2 turbo chargers strapped to it.
  67. C

As far as im concerned i have no mods:D
  68. C

25 is your next big drop, untill then i cant really imagine it going down much. I had a mk4 golf gti 2 years ago, paid 800 fully comp for the first year, 2nd year it went up to £1100, i asked why it had gone up, they told me they had a "bad" winter and they recieved more claims, utter bulls*it i...
  69. C

thats insane mate, i was quoted 1200 fully comp before i was offered the multicar policy with admiral. absolute bargain. one off payment was about £650 or £900 if i paid monthly. i paid it off in one
  70. C

Darks NHB Ep3 air and Rubber!

nahh your alright mate, i'll take your word for it
  71. C

couldnt see them mate.
  72. C

ger yeah i think i will mate, be abit of a stinger but touch wood it wont happen.
  73. C

im 25, 1 year NCB and have had several crashes since i was 17. I pay 660 with admiral fully comp, but only becuase my mrs agreed to switch to admiral once her policy was up for renewal. She will then pay 350 fully comp on a mini cooper. I would highly recomend going with admiral and getting a...
  74. C

Help needed!!

s!*t. yeah ive seen that one. No probs mate, just wait to see what this other fella says now, i will let you know how it goes although he probobly thinks im a righ kn*bhead by now lol
  75. C

Help needed!!

lol you mad guy. cheers though mate. lets hope you got the right one.
  76. C

Help needed!!

thats good of you mate, appreciate it, but its me that ballsed it up. I should have checked these things before. I have sent him a PM so will have to see what he says.
  77. C

Help needed!!

i will take your word for it mate, cheers for helpin me out. got to and beg this guy to sell me this grill again now, feel a right muppet
  78. C

Help needed!!

i just bought a prefacelift off a lad on forum, then thought i needed the facelift so he gave me a refund, now im going to have to go back and say i need it again. look like a right tool. So your pretty certain its prefacelift i need then. im not 100% sure if the grill does come away from the...
  79. C

Help needed!!

so if i change to a mugen grill i need pre facelift?
  80. C

Help needed!!

Here are the pics, i think the actual grill bit is seperate from the bumper and the screws at the top would suggest that but i may be wrong.
  81. C

Help needed!!

i will go take a pic in a minute. is there anyway of knowing without removing it? going to have a look now, im on crutches so abit limited as to what i can do.
  82. C

Help needed!!

the red one mate. im still confused. i need to be sure before i order the mugen grill.
  83. C

Help needed!!

cheers matey, obviously its an 02 but the previous owner must have changed the front end. is the bumper and splitter facelift aswell then? Im going to put my OEM grill up for sale with the badges soon, how much should i ask for it?
  84. C

Help needed!!

Hi, this may seem a stupid question but can someone look at my car and tell me whether i need the facelift mugen grill or the prefacelift?
  85. C

maybe do your calipers black aswell.
  86. C

Kpro/k100

but would a kpro/k100 actually give me more bhp or just would it just squeeze the best performance out of what it has standard? how much more bhp is it likely to give me?
  87. C

fair do's mate, at the end of the day its your car, and you can do what you want with it, as long as you like it thats all that matters.
  88. C

for me it just looks too big and abit daft. they sound wicked and the car looks really tidy, but id swap the HKS for an N1 in a heartbeat
  89. C

nice car mate, the nhb looks smart with red wheels. Not a fan of the exhaust though, just doesnt look right at all imo
  90. C

Kpro/k100

it would take a while to get your money back in petrol alone but i suppose there are other benefits. Roughly how much does the mpg improve by. i know this depends on the mapping, but give me a rough idea.
  91. C

Kpro/k100

you would hope so though after blowing £700 on it. I think im going to stick with doing it up cosmetically at the moment, and then maybe a few engine mods later. To be fair a standard ctr is pretty quick anyway, i dont struggle to overtake people and it has enough power to keep me happy for now.
  92. C

Stolen MTBs

probobly bagheads. Sorry mate, very nice bikes
  93. C

Kpro/k100

cheers bud.
  94. C

Kpro/k100

yeah i know, i will take my time with it mate, only got one sticker so cant afford to fook it up. Im about as mobile as stephen hawking at the moment mate so probobly best your mum put a 2nd class stamp on it cos im itchin to do somethin with my time, so bored!!
  95. C

Kpro/k100

no probs mate, been looking at that brens gallery on ctro, and he has a pic of mine, thought maybe he could do my mani cover in the same style, obviously not powder coat it though. the guys got skills
  96. C

Kpro/k100

True, think im just going to spend abit on cosmetics first maybe get my wheels done. Think im going to go with mett black. you sent me that sticker yet lol
  97. C

copy Mugen Grill......

ble Thats not a problem mate, you can post wherever and whenever you want. Yes i think it will fit as i believe 04 is still prefacelift, i think 05 and onwards are the facelift models but i may be wrong, there are people with more knowledge on here than me that will be able to tell you but...
  98. C

Kpro/k100

cheers mate, thats a really useful link. thanks
  99. C

Kpro/k100

i didnt think it was a stupid question. i thought it was a perfectly plausable question given that we are on a japanese car manufacturer based forum. I also thought it was a reasonable question due to the fact that everybody seems to refer to it as JDM and not japanese domestic market. Further...
  100. C

astra vxr/ civic type r ep3

I was merely stating that the vxr with all its power and mid range torque handles like a bag of crap
Back