• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. gadgetsboy

B Type factory stereo stopped working

So I came back from night out and realized the B Type factory stereo stopped working in my car, now i'm automatically thinking it's a fuse, but which one is the audio fuse please? I've searched the forum but can't seem to find anyone with same problem. Update: Ive now fixed issue, found the...
  2. gadgetsboy

Japspeed throttle body

Oh My God! I've just finished following that instructions and now it's like magic!....Thank you thank you thank you. you just saved me £200 wow! can I donate on here somewhere?
  3. gadgetsboy

Japspeed throttle body

thanks @beefwilder and sorry @Shaenei I did search but didn't find the instructions just posted back.
  4. gadgetsboy

Japspeed throttle body

you've got some pictures?... I tried cleaning the throttle body, took it off cleaned it with Carb spray from halfords, let it dry for about 20 minutes and bolted it back it. Maybe i'm cleaning the wrong part.
  5. gadgetsboy

Japspeed throttle body

Right, so i bought my EP3 type r on Sunday and the engine was revving up and down itself some call it hunting idle. Well I took it to the mechanics and he said it's my throttle body, I didn't take he's word for it and said can he take it out of his type r ep3 and put it in mine to make sure, lo...
  6. gadgetsboy

Should I buy?

6 previous owners...that would put me off a Fast car, one of the owners must have ragged it at some point. i'd back off. just my own opinion though.
  7. gadgetsboy

bottom end

sorry about the text speak, i was replying from my iPhone and it was quicker to do that. apologies
  8. gadgetsboy

bottom end

just had past bad experience n im going prepared n clued up.
  9. gadgetsboy

bottom end

i dont know if it is but in going bak to hopefully puck up the type r i checked out last week and i was just checking if there were tests i cud do to check bottom end's health thats all
  10. gadgetsboy

bottom end

is there symptoms or ways to check if engine bottom end is gone on an ep3?
  11. gadgetsboy

What is this on the engine?

I don't know much about cars, but when that happened to my clio sport (**** car btw) the engine was o it's way out.
  12. gadgetsboy

Going to look at a typ r ep3 today

I probably cant afford yours lol, but do you have pics and details?
  13. gadgetsboy

Thanks guys, i'll let you know how it goes....if I don't find another one by then
  14. gadgetsboy

well I'm back there as agreed with him on Sunday and I'll have a second look and will have tax to give it a full test drive, cuz it didn't make sense to buy without test driving it properly first
  15. gadgetsboy

yeh was coming from the aux belt area
  16. gadgetsboy

I walked away, and said I'd get back to him so I have time to think, ask questions here etc. the reving up and down was worrying to be honest. thanks for your advice :) this forum is better than clio sport forum.
  17. gadgetsboy

no it didn't, it sounded about like metal against metal and it put me off. or like erm, nails against blackboard if you know what I mean, I'm rubbish at explaining
  18. gadgetsboy

hi all, so I went to look at it today and body was fine, interior was fine, just few wear n tear, the drivers carpet was well used, erm, the engine was reving up and down itself but I'm not sure if that's because its been sitting there for a while. had receipts seems genuine. only thing I was...
  19. gadgetsboy

thank you ill let you all know how it goes
  20. gadgetsboy

oh and its hpi clear and good service asin its missed last years service because he hasnt driven it much he said
  21. gadgetsboy

hi wow fast replies :) its 51 plate, not sure its listed for 3000 then got it to 2800 then 2500. its in norfolk which is far from birmingham and im nervous. here it is on pistonheads http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2962418.htm
  22. gadgetsboy

hi all, first post please go easy on me. Im about to do a 4 hours train journey to look at a typr my first infact after a disasterous renault clio aport 172 for 2 years. the car looks great in pics it has 99000 good service history and 2 owners. what should i look for majorly and also is 2500...
Back