• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ChrisEP3

CUSCO paint code

Arden blue looks a bit lighter than the ARBs colour Europa Blue is another astra colour which may be closer (My other car)
  2. ChrisEP3

Bang when changing gear

See I replaced mine and fitted the inserts But people said I could have just fitted the inserts and not worried
  3. ChrisEP3

Bang when changing gear

Mine made that noise when front lower engine mount had failed Jack the car up and slide under, you should see a metal block with a rubber core If it looks like that you need to replace it Or fit energy suspension inserts to fill the gaps Either way you need it on ramps and subframe...
  4. ChrisEP3

Weight saving, stripping, reduction

I've helped strip down my mates time attack car Took literally everything out, from headlining down. The carpet with sound deadening weighed a surprising amount We even made a start on shaving the main wiring loom, no point in wires and plugs for airbags, heated seats etc
  5. ChrisEP3

Steering Feels Like Treacle

Sounds like speed sensitive steering If you turn to sharp at speed it will equal bad times, heavier steering the faster you go to help ease you into a bend
  6. ChrisEP3

Emulsion Paint Removal Advice

That was just have the roof too The rest of the car was reasonable pickup on the bar I was pretty shocked when i saw it mind!
  7. ChrisEP3

I was told you can break clips being gentle, I tried gentle and it didn't budge Imagine your on a rowing machine at the gym, gets it off easily I didn't break one clip
  8. ChrisEP3

Two clips underneath, two screws in front arch, slide towards front of the car It's pretty tight due to having around 12 clips I put foot in alloy and slowly upped the force I was pulling til they popped When refitting turn the poppers 45 degrees and they will come out of the body Square...
  9. ChrisEP3

Headlight Issue.

Yeah ive heard that too, its just polish for your teeth at the end of the day
  10. ChrisEP3

I forgot to update this I spent majority of that weekend getting the paint off, turns out it was masonry paint good for 15years out doors It was a royal pain in the ass to remove Started by removing the sideskirt to get better access Front was 4mm thick :shock: Few hours with white...
  11. ChrisEP3

Torn between a Spoon N1 replica vs un-silenced B pipe ..

That's perfect distance It's not a massive amount needed to bend them in Just can cause a tapping noise if its too close when it hits bumper
  12. ChrisEP3

If its anything like the Jperformance one it will need the hangars bending inwards a bit to push the tip away from the bumper
  13. ChrisEP3

The unsilenced one was a good laugh and sounded like a race car above 4krpm But I was getting all the attention with it fitted Silenced one would be a good balance Get a video of the axle back n1 when it's fitted
  14. ChrisEP3

Think they use to be known as Toyosports as my mates RX8 has a full system off them
  15. ChrisEP3

Unsilenced centre oem backbox has a fairly raspy note N1 and unsilenced is LOUD N1 and silenced is loudish Never heard an N1 and oem centre in real life
  16. ChrisEP3

Double Din without Fascia EP3

I fitted the 2400BT not long ago in the same way Although I built a relay to do the auto switch part, i read reviews saying it didnt work by grounding the cable Took all of 5mins to make the relay
  17. ChrisEP3

When to check oil in my EP3

I always do mine cold But several mechanic mates always turn the engine on for a few seconds so some gets oil around the engine But logic says to measure something it needs to be in one place
  18. ChrisEP3

ticking in the head of my ep3

Would a broken tensioner cause a fairly loud noise? When I did rocker gasket change I checked there was no slack on chain and timing lines were correct just to make sure
  19. ChrisEP3

ticking in the head of my ep3

Well if the chain stretched too much it would put on the Eml How loud is the ticking? As the injectors do make a ticking noise Getting valve clearance adjusted would never be a bad thing either
  20. ChrisEP3

EP3 Coilover options

Jerrick are the SRV's available for non jap cars? As my mates building a Time Attack mk4 Astra coupe and is after new coilovers and was looking at custom bilsteins
  21. ChrisEP3

opinions on my dash?

I like the sticker bomb console, brings a bit of colour to the standard bland silver If you want to lock it all down and protect it from UV's you could always give it a few coats of laquer to seal it all in
  22. ChrisEP3

Problem with girlfriends corsa

If its snapped then it would have done some damage to the valves and pistons If its jumped a tooth or two then the ecu may be stopping it from doing any damage When it was fitted was it just the chain, or chain + chain guides + tensioner Worst case it needs a new/recon engine and a few days...
  23. ChrisEP3

Problem with girlfriends corsa

If it was done at a vat registered garage give them a call tomorrow morning and tell them car broke down due to suspected timing chain issues They replaced it, they are liable
  24. ChrisEP3

Hopefully it will come off with hot water I gave it a quick test with my clay bar then re-sealed the area Will get it off this weekend (Y)
  25. ChrisEP3

EP3 Coilover options

If you can afford nitrons then that would be ideal! I would have loved them but not my price tag
  26. ChrisEP3

EP3 Coilover options

This
  27. ChrisEP3

The other night I was driving down local dual carriageway and suddenly it was all white Managed to get civic to edge of the road but near side wheels got covered in emulsion paint Nearest jetwash was 10 miles away so by time I got there paint was in my arches and all down the side That...
  28. ChrisEP3

Scorpion exhaust help?

Never fitted one to civic, last car I had one on was a 2.2 Astra mk4, sounded good with a 0% Saxo factor Search YouTube for scorpion backbox ep3 bound to be something to guide you I was very happy with my system, unsilenced cat back did drone a bit on motorway but nothing radio didn't cure
  29. ChrisEP3

Scorpion exhaust help?

I have had scorpion exhausts on other cars and was very happy with the quality and noise Check the backbox mates to an oem b centre pipe, it should fit fine then BUT a straight through pipe and an aftermarket backbox will be loud, the Spoon N1 and unsilenced centre is mental. Get the scorpion...
  30. ChrisEP3

sold the type r,got a new project

The astra van is a beaut! 300bhp zone with a zlet is fun, my mates act is runnning near 450bhp now but its cost silly money in only the best parts
  31. ChrisEP3

sold the type r,got a new project

MK4 GSi is on the list of cars for me to replace the Ep3 with Eibachs and Bilsten B4s, Whiteline Rarb work really well to upgrade the handling the Z20LET engines pretty strong, just dont push over 280bhp as the 3rd piston is close to the turbo and can melt on full boost when your around 300bhp...
  32. ChrisEP3

MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers - all good now?

Had mine for coming up to a year As happy as the first day i had them fitted :D
  33. ChrisEP3

JamesT's Premier EP3...

JamesT's Premier EP3... Bought NA8C You may have seen this before but here's a lot of jap exhausts fitted to dc5s Should give an example of all the noises they make http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6xpwciZEU
  34. ChrisEP3

OEM headunit ep3

Thought there was a port for cd changer that you could connect a connect2 box and iPod cable http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=260918235324
  35. ChrisEP3

JamesT's Premier EP3...

JamesT's Premier EP3... Bought NA8C If the DC system is too much I would not recommend a unsilenced b-pipe and spoon n1 rep Mine lasted all of 3 days before it came off!
  36. ChrisEP3

Rear numberplate lights

There should be an arrow on the holders Just slide it across and they drop out so you can get to the bulbs
  37. ChrisEP3

polishing help!

If you get some Meguiars Ultimate Compound you can try rubbing it in with an applicator I use it with my DA and it got 90% of swirl marks out of my brothers NHB fn2 on the first pass I use it by hand for small scratches, its worth a shot
  38. ChrisEP3

polishing help!

I had one of those from halfords, used it once not bothered with it since A proper DA will remove the swirl marks from paint, that just makes it quicker to apply and remove Found it too bulky to do the ep with
  39. ChrisEP3

Lairy Coloured Wheels

Vauxhall sunrise orange
  40. ChrisEP3

polishing help!

If your getting a machine polisher look up Kestrel DAS6 Pro and meguiars pack I used it to turn a mk4 vauxhall Astra from pink back to red not long back I wouldn't worry too much about a depth gauge unless your using a rotary polisher and harsh cutting compound tbh
  41. ChrisEP3

Cheap tyres, post 'em here.

205/45/R17 is oem size 215/40/R17 will also give same tyre circumference but slightly wider contact on the floor per tyre
  42. ChrisEP3

JamesT's Premier EP3...

JamesT's Premier EP3... Bought NA8C I sold mine a few weeks ago, lasted about 30mins before I had someone made me a offer and organised to collect it that weekend
  43. ChrisEP3

Has anyone fitted red LEDs to EP3 dash

Id recommend getting two white LEDs for the left and right indicators, those work well with LEDs as the green diffuses the light perfectly
  44. ChrisEP3

W is up to 168mph Y is up to 186mph So W will be fine unless you plan on beating the guys in his RS5s recent record ;)
  45. ChrisEP3

Y and W are speed ratings
  46. ChrisEP3

The LEDs are much more intense, so ideally would need some translucent plastic to diffuse them Perhaps sand the exterior of the LEDs so they are hazy The fitment is Capless 286 sure the LEDs were T5 286 These are the filament bulbs I bought 10 for £2.50, rather than 1 for £4 odd from Honda...
  47. ChrisEP3

The maxxis do have a good lip of rubber around the edge of the alloy Toyos are more progressive when they loose grip so you know how far you can push them, maxxis tend to keep griping right to limit and then loose grip quicker. That's what ive found from having driven on toyos and maxxis...
  48. ChrisEP3

I tried fitting white LEDs to the clocks, but they hot spotted really bad, even wide angle LEDs I just swapped for a new set of normal bulbs 10mins later
  49. ChrisEP3

I got my set of maxxis from allnewtyres.co.uk They are very similar to toyos but I was told these are a bit better in how they grip, also a bit cheaper too!
  50. ChrisEP3

I've had my maxxis maz1 tyres fitted, after 100 miles in getting similar grip in dry than my re040s, and can keep car exactly where I want it on a roundabout when it's raining
  51. ChrisEP3

Forged 2.5 ep3

As far as I know it's not gone bang Theres always something new on it when I drive passed
  52. ChrisEP3

aem induction v non aem

I miss my AEM V2 Vtec engage is just not the same without the raw from the kit :(
  53. ChrisEP3

205/45/r17 or 215/40/r17 to keep rolling diameter correct and not knock your spedo out I just took delivery of 4 Maxxis MAZ1 for £260 from www.allnewtyres.co.uk , know a few people running them and love them. Dont last as long as potenzas but better traction in the wet!
  54. ChrisEP3

Is ep3 type r windscreen differant to non type r?

If its bonded in you need the right tool, think most screen repairers charge about £50 to remove and £50 to refit
  55. ChrisEP3

Timing bellt has been changed

Cant see how a compression test can make anything worse Its same as tuning the crank by hand just with a pressure gauge where spark plug would be
  56. ChrisEP3

BBS CH Rims on a civic type r?

If you can find them in right pcd and offset then go for them! My mate has them on his 120d and they look good Googled this
  57. ChrisEP3

quieter backbox ?

This
  58. ChrisEP3

washed and polished

Looks good How's the paint under the bonnet bra? My mate had one on for about 6 months, took it off and the lacquer had been attacked!
  59. ChrisEP3

wheel colour for cosmic civic?

Unfortunately not, Selling all my parts and then the car That alloy is in the for sale section right now
  60. ChrisEP3

wheel colour for cosmic civic?

I was going to respray mine ford tibetan gold
  61. ChrisEP3

Sportex Midpipe exhaust note.

I grinder the cat bolts out too Mind I just ground off the end and tapped them back through with a hammer, took all of 10 mins! I'm happy with the £65 I spent on my sportex!
  62. ChrisEP3

Rear window box?

I see them at work occasionally, it's from an external antenna from an old style hands free kit Normaly Nokia kits came with that system
  63. ChrisEP3

What the best cat back system for ep3

I've had it on for a year now and it's been perfect, sporty note, great vtec sound, no drone at all on the motorway Everything you could ask for in a decent setup
  64. ChrisEP3

What the best cat back system for ep3

Funnily enough I have a mugen Twinloop and it will be up for sale at the weekend! Haven't seen one for sale in several months either
  65. ChrisEP3

Anyone heard of this exhaust?

It's same fitment as oem backbox If the super sprint fits standard backbox it will fit this I'm selling mine shortly, only covered 100 miles but cars up for sale so mods have to go! Pm me if your interested
  66. ChrisEP3

Anyone heard of this exhaust?

Jperformance make the same one It's a replica of the spoon n1
  67. ChrisEP3

Spoon N1 Backbox Replica - Help

Just the tail pipe probably little The centre pipe is the biggest restriction on oem system I dyno'd 207bhp with hondata airbox and Twinloop exhaust
  68. ChrisEP3

Spoon N1 Backbox Replica - Help

If you pm me your email address I have an audio clip from when I had sportex and n1 rep
  69. ChrisEP3

**Contacting R8byb on CTRO**

My r8byb pipe use to hang lower than I'd of liked And was raspy with oem box, swapped the system for a mugen Twinloop about a year ago Now I'm on sportex and oem I can't tell a massive difference tbh The sportex was chosen because its got a 2 year guarantee and at half the price of r8byb I...
  70. ChrisEP3

My sportex was mated to an n1 rep no problems
  71. ChrisEP3

Yea its raspy with oem backbox Its not mega loud, but OEM+
  72. ChrisEP3

I use to have an r8byb unsilenced centre and it was very good Been through a few systems since Now got a sportex centre for £65 and to be honest can't tell much difference
  73. ChrisEP3

My EP3, modded, not to everyones taste...

Actually really like this The interior has been done to a really good finish Builds on this scale can easily come off a bit tacky, but this is rather smart
  74. ChrisEP3

DC2 DB8 DC5 Dc5 coilovers

Few! Was wondering what could be up with them Other than MeisterR, tein, BC, and the ones from japspeed (diyama?) are all supposed to be good
  75. ChrisEP3

Technical fault?! I've had mine on for 6 months and 6,000 trouble free miles!
  76. ChrisEP3

I'm running MeisterR coilovers on my ep3 and I am very happy with the quality of them
  77. ChrisEP3

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

I got my sportex bpipe through the other day Shall be fitting it this weekend
  78. ChrisEP3

Rear strut brace

It does have one But looks fairly flimsy I swapped the original for a thicker one and mounted it above the carpet
  79. ChrisEP3

Suspension height?

Look up the rack arm raiser tegiwa do I have meister r coilovers with straight arms so when dropped no force is added to rack But normal style arms and a 65mm drop will make for a lot of bump steer as well as force on the rack
  80. ChrisEP3

Suspension height?

Iirc that was a 50mm drop It's the level I'm planning to go down to
  81. ChrisEP3

Have I Made A Mistake On V2 Advise Please

I fitted aem v2 to mine Can tell there's more noise compared to when I had hondata modded airbox Haven't felt any performance loss Vtec sounds epic when it engages
  82. ChrisEP3

Buying a CAT D, is it worth it?

Cat d is pretty much cosmetic damage or hire car costs Nothing structural should be damaged for it to be cat d, as cat c need a VIC check before it was legal You would also need to notify insurance it was a Cat D as it could affect the quote Cat d is worth less now, and will be worth less...
  83. ChrisEP3

Strange smell?

Describe the smell As a slipping clutch makes a nasty stink, can't think of a way to describe burned clutch apart from horrific
  84. ChrisEP3

Custom EP3 Phone Dock

Sometimes being a design engineer comes in handy! Was tempted to buy some more brodit mounts and make a batch up But haven't spotted another clip that cheap since
  85. ChrisEP3

Custom EP3 Phone Dock

Just searched for brodit civic and went through the results It's still holding up really well, and in the perfect position for what I want
  86. ChrisEP3

EP3 Air Ducts OEM Fit LOOK!!!! ON EBAY!!!!

I'd be up for this, save me making one myself!
  87. ChrisEP3

Rear lower tie bar

It won't make any real difference Just something to add to your spec sheet I noticed no difference with it and without tie bar That's with a JDM arb too
  88. ChrisEP3

cleaning up an exhaust

I use Autosol on an 00 Gauge wirewool removes surface rust and brings it up fairly quick
  89. ChrisEP3

207 BHP Cosmic EP3 - Steak and Banoffee

That's a pretty awesome sight!! What's the brake pedal feel like over the oem?
  90. ChrisEP3

Any benefits going from 205/45/17 to 215/45/17

Difference between 215/40/R17 and oem size is -1.95% and -12mm diameter Difference between 215/45/R17 and oem size is +1.46% and +9mm diameter http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm Both seem to be an okay difference from original size
  91. ChrisEP3

Full exhaust...??

It's because you have no cat Only way to remove it is £1ks worth of Kpro ecu and remap
  92. ChrisEP3

recommend where to get Suspension

Also have Zeta R's and I could not be happier with the build quality and ride quality. Top quality product
  93. ChrisEP3

dent in door help please

look in the breakers section on here, or a black civic being broken on ebay (Y)
  94. ChrisEP3

Oem cat restrictive? Solution.....

the 4-2 mani looks to be a 4-1 mani but with a plate in the middle where as a 4-2-1 has physical spaces between piper with sports cat has longer runners than oem, just a stubby cat section
  95. ChrisEP3

Tool set

Hmm that sucks, hopefully my local branch dont know that
  96. ChrisEP3

Tool set

I didn't spot the ratchets not being in the lifetime warranty : / They don't class it as wear and tear do they?
  97. ChrisEP3

EP3 Poor handling

Go back and ask him to put it in writing Then send it to trading standards
  98. ChrisEP3

problem after fitting manifold and decat

The spacer isn't a guaranteed fix for Eml, you can get angled spacers from eBay which clear the heatshield As for the alt going that could just be coinsidence Not sure if a mani swap could have knocked it during fitting
  99. ChrisEP3

Oem cat restrictive? Solution.....

I googled it earlier Cpi is cells per inch So it would be a 100 cell cat Apparently a very good quality 100cell will pass an mot if very hot, but a poor 100 cell cat won't pass. Only way to find out if it's mot passable is to fit and get emissions checked
  100. ChrisEP3

Wing mirror indicator lens

Well I haven't done it But it's got to be made cheaply so can't be too hard to assemble (in theory) Could always pop the coloured mirror cap off and see if there is any obvious screw points or clips
Back