• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Mastodon2

B pipe rattle driving me nuts!

Hello all, I've got an unsilenced B pipe on my EP3, not sure of the brand as it was on the car when I bought it, never had any problems with it until now. A little over a week ago it started rattling out of the blue while I was sitting in traffic. I didn't know what the problem was at first and...
  2. Mastodon2

Custom exhaust - something to think about...

Hey guys, I took the trip to a local manifold and exhaust place after a recommendation by fellow user AD4M CH, to book a custom back box for my EP3. I've come away with more questions than answers. I have a slot booked in on the 24 of April, which was the first one I could get, and only because...
  3. Mastodon2

Friend looking to buy a DC2, intermittent EML...

Hello all, A friend of mine is looking to buy a DC2 and has one lined up at a dealers to go and look at. It looks from the photos and the advert to be a nice car, looks fairly well looked after and is fairly standard other than an exhaust upgrade. However, he contacted the dealer to get some...
  4. Mastodon2

The Blitz Nur Spec - the most unloved CTR exhaust?

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a new exhaust for my Civic this year - just passed it's MOT this morning (:D) so next on the list are some noise mods to enjoy. I'm still undecided on the intake front, but I had my heart set on a Blitz Nur Spec exhaust. I've always loved the sound they get on...
  5. Mastodon2

Exhaust manifolds that have a catalytic converter

Hey guys, just found out this morning that I have a blowing exhaust between the manifold downpipe and the catalytic converter on my EP3. This is because one of the bolts that holds the two together has rusted and sheared off, causing the cat to drop a little and a gap to open that the exhaust...
  6. Mastodon2

Rattle / whirring noise under acceleration

Hey guys, I've got a 2005 EP3 Civic Type R. A few times in the past few weeks it has made a bit of a whirring, mild scraping noise under wider throttle openings in second in third gear (typically between 3000-3500 that goes away once the engine is starting to get into the power band). Once the...
  7. Mastodon2

EP3 exhaust sounding pretty fruity!

Hey guys, I've got a 2005 EP3, with the standard exhaust on it, for now at least. All is well, bar one strange thing that perplexes me; when the exhaust is cold, for the first minute or so of driving, it has an incredible, raspy tone, that becomes most present between 2500-3500rpm, tailing off...
  8. Mastodon2

My first Type R (EP3)

Hey guys, I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself and show you my car. My names Dave, I'm a new-found Type R convert, here are some pics of my new pride and joy, a 2005 EP3 Type R. Standard and unmodified apart from the exhaust, which to my eyes looks standard (and a bit road...
Back