• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. jmcburnie

Turbo questions

i have got anything priced or anything yet my mate in the unit next to me is in the later stages of a rebuilt z20let corsa c, and he's found some local companys in the custom automotive business, a place called tints and tweets about 5 mile away from my house done him a 3inch exhaust system from...
  2. jmcburnie

Turbo questions

great mate looks like we could help each other out, are you going for a turbo kit like the cpl one i think its called or are you custom making it? i think im going to do it custom as i already have a couple of turbos lying about doing nothing ive 2 used garrett ones from s14's thinking ill use...
  3. jmcburnie

Turbo questions

yes sorry 2002 ep3 all the engine mods that are on will be more or less scrapped or sold so basically itll be starting the build from scratch with a stock ep3 i have the kpro already but that is it, along with everything that is required for the turbo the run and cool, i have a good...
  4. jmcburnie

Turbo questions

Hello everyone, recently i decided that i don't want to go down the supercharger route and fancey the power of a turbo added to the already pokey, my question is on the engine management side of things, what extra sensors would i need and would the kpro be sufficient to run them or would i need...
  5. jmcburnie

Planning engine rebuild winter 2012

is it not? well maybe ill do things bit by bit then i suppose ill have the car on the road alot more aswell, is their anything i should look out for or get done around this marker the gearbox will be gettin a once over when the lsd, flywheel and clutch are fitted
  6. jmcburnie

i know ide just rather do it all when the engines out and ive got it apart anyway, i dont see the point in taking everything apart and leaving the job half done when i could of just done it then, because 110k is alot of wear and especially with these highly strung engines, ive done things to my...
  7. jmcburnie

Hi all, Planning on rebuilding the engine on my ep3 this winter, the engines coming up to 110k and to be honest those sort of numbers strike fear into my heart, things need changing on the engine anyway due to wear and tear so im thinking i might aswell spend some cash and have fun and...
  8. jmcburnie

K-Pro. Mapping/Comparisons/Problems.

their was no sensor fault just the sensor reading wasnt changing, it was a eld fault that was showing up, when i first put the kal on i got an ecu malfunction check calibration, then opened the file in notepad and opened a euro civic file in another notepad changed the ecu type and it worked...
  9. jmcburnie

I don't know it's just the standard one, I think I've solved the eld fault anyways I had a look at the old secondary sensor and noticed some of the wires had been stripped, got underneath today and the heat shield for the cat was abit twisted and scored the wires coating away and was earthing...
  10. jmcburnie

im getting around about 30-35 mpg, and yes that was a when the engine light came on the dashboard i replaced that yesterday and the light when off and i thought that would of sorted the air/fuel because i thought they worked as a pair, the car was tuned by system r and seen that their where...
  11. jmcburnie

no theirs an ELD i think its called thats showing up 59.77a which is stupidly high so i wonder if thats whats causing the airfuel or if the primary is causing the eld or both im lost the car runs totally fine, nice and pokey but the whole electronics side seams to be messed up :s
  12. jmcburnie

is that what you mean mate? cheers for the quick reply's
  13. jmcburnie

this a s.s of a datalog i just done before goin to shop i could only really get full throttle in 2nd as the shop isnt far away
  14. jmcburnie

i did a recording last night and made a graph that only has target airfuel and actual airfuel, AF 14.70:1 AFCMD is at 14.70:1 then drops down alternates to lower numbers then returns back to 14.70:1, so it must be the sensor, im just abit confused as their is not any error codes at all and ive...
  15. jmcburnie

hi all, sorry if this isnt related to this topic im not sure what it would go under, ive been watching a few datalogs from my kpro and noticed that my air fuel ratio doesnt change, at all during the datalogs ive done, it seams to be stuck on 14.70:1 is this a failing sensor or is it in the map...
  16. jmcburnie

hondata kpro engine management light

o2 sensor came today, fitted it and reset the ecu no engine management light :D thanks loxy for the reply about the cable now to have some fun tuning cheers all
  17. jmcburnie

srs light on ?

i done this off before aswell mate, this is the thread off another site i used worked fine just need a paper clip or a metal twisty wrap and a screw driver http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=115880
  18. jmcburnie

Civic Type R Ep3 Idle Concern.

well atleast the insurance havent pulled your eyeballs out, ive never had to deal with them myself been lucky so far (touch wood) it is a shame though did they not give you a chance to buy your car back, a few of my mates have made a mint stripping their broken cars and selling the bits on ebay...
  19. jmcburnie

Civic Type R Ep3 Idle Concern.

Thats devastating, whats happening with that then is her insurance shelling out or will they not because she was drunk? 40mph sounds like a complete write off :(
  20. jmcburnie

The owner previous to me had the kpro fitted, i have had the car for 2 years and have not touched the exhaust as its been fine, pretty sure its the oem cat, im not certain if the cat was removed before i had it but their is only receipts for a cat back exhaust system, no decat pipe so im...
  21. jmcburnie

i got it all hooked up and read the codes i have the following codes: 20-2 p1298 ELD circuit high voltage 65-2 P0141 secondary o2 circuit heater circuit malfunction but this eld fault code im abit clueless about as on the internet it says this flags up when the alternator is overcharging, i...
  22. jmcburnie

My mates garage, sage diagnostics he's a genius with electronics, I was meant pop in today when he was finishing up but it took me a little too long changing the drop links and bushes, I heard a few people talking about the USB cable for the kpro, but when I bought it off the previous buyer he...
  23. jmcburnie

hi all, a couple weeks ago i was driving around the 30 mph mark and the eml came on, instantly turned engine off n coasted to the cerb as im abit over protective of me beloved ctr, had a look around the engine bay all looked alright, started it up no vacume leaks all wires as they should be so i...
Back