• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. jonno56

Autobrite Products? Any one use them?

I've recently used their Purple Rain iron remover, rate it pretty highly for cleaning power, stinks though. Have you ordered anything yet? There are a few group buys on Detailing World. The snow foam lance being one of the popular ones. snow foam & lance...
  2. jonno56

EP3 Boot Trim Remove

I know this post is years old... however, it's one of the top results on google for "ep3 boot trim" - so thought i'd also add that if you snap any clips when taking the lining off (like I did :(), the fleabay item number for replacements is 390596977851
  3. jonno56

ScabbyTramp' 02 Civic Type R (EP3)

Yep, use a finishing pad and a glazd to start with, Honda paint is renowned for being soft. Just be sure to work the product long enough to break down, without too much heat, more passes on a moderate speed is the way to go. If a glaze doesnt help, use a fine abrasive compound on the finishing...
  4. jonno56

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I just put that feeling down to the high idle when cold, just take it easy and you're cool. Otherwise you're getting 0 mpg while its sat on the drive, idling away at 3k! Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  5. jonno56

EP3 low speed knocking, pulling left

Update: So, I had my brake re-built last night (as it was binding) and that has helped a lot! Quite amazed at the change it made really, was binding pretty bad to be fair. Also took a look at anything that could cause pulling - and have slight play in both track rod ends, and the right hand...
  6. jonno56

Great first post! Welcome to the club! I'll do this test with my mate tomorrow, very good fault finding there! I'm not sure if having it lowered would be the cause for it not self centering properly, kinds does it both ways at 11 and 1 oclock. As long as it isnt the rack i'll be much...
  7. jonno56

Was lowered back in December and only just started to knock. Stuff wears quicker due to different angles, you can fit steering arm relocation brackets to make the angle closer to OEM (tegiwa part), not really sure where they fit tbh! Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  8. jonno56

Would have thought a droplink would be noisy on the side that was worn rather than opposite? Will get all these checked out, i get a vibration noise when I go over cobbled speed bumps, always had it since i bought it so thought it was normal... Could this be linked? Sent from my HTC One using...
  9. jonno56

Had the tracking done not long ago - will have that checked while I get my brake sorted tomorrow. Will check tyre pressures later, good shout! Tyres are the same brand, both fitted at the same time the right way. A week or so ago, my mechanic said there was ever so slight play in the right hand...
  10. jonno56

Servicing

Valve clearances? I think people usually have them checked every 25-30k miles or so? They can be checked/adjusted by any mechanic with the know-how, just make sure they have the engine stone cold when they do it
  11. jonno56

I've been searching around on this for a while now, and can't seem to find anyone with a pull and a knocking... Knocking At low speeds, such as parking up, I get a couple of knocks from the left hand side, that I can feel it through the wheel and sounds as though it's coming from the left. Its...
  12. jonno56

headlight fault - help!

Which are the relevant fuses? Having this problem with mine going through bulbs, using osram nightbreakers...
  13. jonno56

Front caliper stuck

Digging up an old thread... What grease did you need to use on the piston? The Honda kits come with 2 lots of grease whereas these come with just the 1 for the sliders but include a new piston :) EDIT: Brake fluid - watched the youtube vid ;)
  14. jonno56

Tyre inside worn help!

Need longer camber bolts http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=127 Did you refit the spring 'socks'/covers to the lower part of the spring? The tighter coils in the spring can knock together, these covers stop the annoying noises :). You could be chasing quiet knocks/bumps for a...
  15. jonno56

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 ECU fuse location for a Bluetooth OBD-II

jondobbs, how did you get on with this? Looking for a bluetooth OBDII to get MOG stats etc on the EP3
  16. jonno56

'How to' replace DC5 Recaro seat bolster (guide)

Is the bolster on a DC5 Recaro the same as the Premier EP Recaro? The only bolster I can find is for the DC5 seats, and can be ordered in black...
  17. jonno56

ep3 Proxes T1-R uneven wear - WITH frsu

*Update Had a new tyre fitted last week to replace the worn one on front n/s. Rotated the tyres around so I now have 2 matching tyres with good tread up front. My mate checked the alignment, camber was OK on a wheel or 2, but most importantly, was at -2 degrees (instead of -1) on the affected...
  18. jonno56

I agree, warming the car by driving carefully (low throttle, low revs) until at running temperature i feel is best, as you allow moving parts such as the transmission and its oil to also get to operating temperature
  19. jonno56

Sounds like a winner to me. I had it FRSU'd at ABP, a bit far to drive for a check-up. I'll ask a mate if he fancies stopping at work for an extra hour for a couple of cold ones :)
  20. jonno56

I'll get some pics up of the two fronts, the other one has plenty of tread still, so I'd expect it has about 5/6k left. Once I get a new tyre on, i'll get it in for FRSU. This isn't an aggressive geo is it? : 1 degree neg camber all round 2mm toe in at rear 1mm toe out at front. I do a lot of...
  21. jonno56

Only on some roads it pulls slightly to the left, but i've been putting that down to natural camber in the road surface. FRSU costs a fair amount - over £100 iirc, would I be charged that again even with minor adjustment?
  22. jonno56

Yeah that makes sense! There have been some cracking potholes around north Warrington recently! I'll source a new tyre and get it rotated to the back, both fronts should be even wear then. Camskill aren't stocking T1-R in 205/45/17, where is the next cheapest? Quoted £100 fitted from a local...
  23. jonno56

Had a search around for uneven tyre wear, which seems to be cured by FRSU. However, I had a new set of proxes put on (205/45/17) with full (stock) alignment done last summer (around july/august). The car was then in for lowering, camber arms and an FRSU in december. Just had an MOT and the...
  24. jonno56

Funny you say that, I just had an email from Shell about their 'New V-Power Nitro +'. I had a great mileage return last week... maybe this stuff is already on the forecourt under the V-Power brand? http://www.shell.co.uk/gbr/products-services/on-the-road/fuels/vpower.html
  25. jonno56

Re: EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...? A bit of both, my daily commute is roughly 50 miles round trip, mostly motorway. Was careful with the right foot around town
  26. jonno56

Red light appeared yesterday... For the past week I got 35.5MPG @ 43 litres of V-Power covering 336 miles :)
  27. jonno56

For sure, bought mine as soon as I realised I could afford to run one! Just proves that these can return good MPG for commuting, while still putting a smile on your face at the weekend!
  28. jonno56

V Power. I have the opposite problem, I go well out of my way to buy the Shell fuel instead of supermarket fuel! I always use V Power, and in all honesty, I've been careful with the right foot. Saving pennies isn't as fun as VTEC though ;)
  29. jonno56

I'm the same usually.... Mine's only been used for commuting the past week (too busy polishing at weekend to actually drive it :P). The result = 310 miles and counting. No red light just yet either! :eek:
  30. jonno56

Servicing question

Anyone got any advice on this? Not sure when valve clearance is due
  31. jonno56

Re: EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...? When was it last serviced? Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2
  32. jonno56

Re: EP3 Fuel economy/miles to a tank...? Thats about 20 mpg (based on 45 litres used). Is it a daily?
  33. jonno56

Servicing question

5.3 apparently : http://ew5.earlweb.com/recommendations.php?vehicle=4436&site=39&region=57&language=5&brand=43
  34. jonno56

Servicing question

Thought i'd post this one here as it seems the best place for it: Last year my '05 EP3 had a Honda 'Level 3' service, at 45k (because I wasn't confident in the service history) - including transmission oil and coolant. The checklist I was given doesn't have a tick against valve clearance...
  35. jonno56

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

£99 from RoadRunner motorsport ebay store! That's cheap for stainless... too cheap? Is it a good fit?
  36. jonno56

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Yep, well, warrington anyway
  37. jonno56

Access to HOT?

38. jonno56

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Right, finally fitted one of these (after an original post in this thread in May last year :|). My mate fitted it at his garage, had to do a bit of grinding/use washers to make it fit at the CAT end. The welds were huge, so stopped the nuts from tightening flush against the flange. Anyway...
  39. jonno56

Access to HOT?

Recently registered for an account on HOT, but it is awaiting admin approval, even after about 4 weeks or so :/ I PM''d HOT on here, but no response... Anyone got any ideas? Or have another way to contact the admins over there?
  40. jonno56

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

[Edit: http://www.hendyperformance.co.uk/product/Genuine_Spoon_B_Pipe_Fixing_Kit_K20BPIPEKIT] Just got Honda part numbers off Lings 90212-SA5-003 - Self locking 10mm bolt 18230-SV4-000 - Exhaust spring 18231-SR3-A22 - Flexi joint bolt 18393-SH3-S00 - gasket pre-chamber 18229-S6D-T91 - gasket
  41. jonno56

Adrian Flux Insurance

Got a great quote from you guys last week, my renewal is up on 25th Feb. How long is a quote valid for, as I will be purchasing the week it is due
  42. jonno56

Change front brake pads on a CTR.

Had a quick look at this guide before I changed my pads yesterday (shame the images aren't there anymore) - but didn't remove/clean the pad retainers or apply a load of grease... Anyway, they seem OK, but even after caliper re-wind the right hand wheel was hard to turn by hand :S, will check...
  43. jonno56

Nighthawk Premier edition JRSC CTR + DC5 Alloys

Were they bolt on fitment? They look smart, but a gunmetal/anthcarite (can't spell it but you know the dark grey) would look nice! See if anyone can photoshop different colours for you before you spray (Y)
  44. jonno56

Best springs??

Agreed
  45. jonno56

Suspension Upgrade Suggestions?

The lads at ABP have an offer on (might end tomorrow though): -30mm springs currently £125 usually £150 FRSU currently £120 usually £155 I had springs, camber arms, camber bolts supplied and fitted, and FRSU for £430 :)
  46. jonno56

jonno56 | Premier NHB EP3 | -30mm

A decent local garage with a lazer aligner should be able to check your setup for about £20 i'd expect, around £40 adjusted. I try and avoid the big boys in the tyre market, charged me £25 just to rotate and balance some tyres (when they were odd treads :p)!
  47. jonno56

Next on the list for me is a pipe and/or backbox. Read a lot that people get scrapes, but cant understand why when there is no silencer box :S
  48. jonno56

What size b pipe have you got?
  49. jonno56

Where did you source these from? I gather they are quite rare, and are worth a fair amount (as cuts of red carpet go lol)
  50. jonno56

Cheers mate, really happy with the way it looks and drives. Looks the part but gets over speed bumps no problem ;) I've not been out for a decent drive yet, but first impressions are positive. I had the springs and FRSU done in one sitting, and the alignment coupled with the stiffer springs...
  51. jonno56

aha, this is a work in progress blog ;) - first thing I did when I had the cash was get a set of 4 matching tyres, made a world of difference!
  52. jonno56

Had my civic since Feb this year, and decided i'd start a progress blog. Development will be done over some time I picked her up in Feb 2012; standard NHB EP3 with JDM wind deflectors fitted. She'd covered around 47k when I acquired her. As a premier edition, I also benefitted from the red...
  53. jonno56

brembo or mintex?

I can't see the big disc conversion anywhere :S Planning on fitting yellowstuff (already bought a set). I think I need a bleed anyway, as my offside rear was stone cold after a drive out, so assume it isn't working properly. I can't afford a set of lines yet, but is it worth filling standard...
  54. jonno56

30mm spring fittibg & FRSU on same day? - settling?

Quick one: When you fit lowering springs, they need a short time to "settle". I am planning on booking in at ABP soon for springs, camber bits and FRSU. Will it make a difference to geometry that the springs won't have settled when the FRSU is done? (will be driving to Crewe from.Warrington)...
  55. jonno56

Apex Springs any good on a EP3 type r?

Digging up an old thread, hope these are stiffer rather than softer and low... can anyone confirm? I was planning on getting the eibatch 30mm springs (with camber bolts/arms), but may be able to get apex at a good price Edit: never mind, going for eibach 30mm
  56. jonno56

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Hmm, I think i'll get the N1 first and then decide how much louder I want to go :) (and no, I still haven't got round to getting a nice cheap sportex pipe). On a side note - If it is ear bleedingly loud, is there much benefit (exept a few grams off) of fitting an aftermarket silenced b pipe?
  57. jonno56

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

How loud are we talking - I want an N1. Videos on youtube are poor quality on sound (I'm sure i saw one a while back recorded with an external mic, but can't seem to find it any more) Did you fit the N1 bung? Did it make much difference?
  58. jonno56

21.. drive it like it's stolen? Mini update on this, I get closer to 300 miles on vPower, compared to 270 miles on Momentum99, Which mile for mile, makes vPower 2p/mile cheaper ;)
  59. jonno56

It had a full honda service in June, and an oil change 2 weeks ago (both sing fuchs titan pro oil)... Haven't done much other than motorway on this tank, and at 280 about to red light;) haha 22 is impressive on the other hand!
  60. jonno56

Well that proves what maths skills i have... So, is 27 good? I must admit, i expected over 300 miles considering the daily motorway commure
  61. jonno56

I always fill up on Super unleaded (V-Power or Momentum99), majority of driving is motorway during the week. I always seem to get aorund 270 miles to a tank regardless of how I drive :S! That equates to about 24mpg, even most of the time it is cruising on the motorway... Does that sound...
  62. jonno56

Groupon - Performance Blue (Manchester) £169 remap !!!

DELETE ME Null and void thread, as per crap knowledge of ECU tuning for hondas.
  63. jonno56

Solved then :) - I wasn't sure whether this was the same as 'flashing' an ECU (which I thought was done to standard ECU's)
  64. jonno56

Saw this interesting deal on groupon, £169 for a remap (instead of £499). Has anyone seen/dealt with this company before? Seems like a mega deal! Link: http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/manchester/performance-blue/11938018
  65. jonno56

EP3 Won't track up - possible play in suspension/steering?

Well... took it to another garage with a newer lazer tracker. Guess what, the tracking was out! There was 5mm difference on the fronts. Camber is also an 'odd setting', n/s ~ -0.75 and o/s at 0. Anyway, lesson learnt, to these guys next time!
  66. jonno56

Thanks, booked into the garage tomorrow morning, early diagnosis over the phone is "sounds like a bent damper"...
  67. jonno56

Ok cheers, how would I go about checking the above? Is it a task where a jack and a couple of stands will suffice, or should I get it on some ramps?
  68. jonno56

Hi, I recently had 4 new tyres fitted and a full wheel alignment carried out. At first, all seemed pretty well, and took it easy on the new setup while the car settled in. In the past few days, the car started to feel a bit 'loose and wobbly' up front, so I took it back to check the...
  69. jonno56

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Cheers - payment sent for 2 external
  70. jonno56

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

I'm interested in 2 'EP3 style R' sickers, if available. Not sure whether to go for internal or external - does anyone know how these would look inside the premier tinted rear windows?
  71. jonno56

which one to buy for EP3........Spoon N1 or BC ProSpec?

This thread is years old, I know But i can't help but notice that in the attached picture, the BC appears to be a cat-back system. I can only find Pro Spec as an Axle-back??? Also, while i'm digging down here, I thought i'd ask about the BC Pro Spec with an unsilenced B Pipe - or a supersprint...
  72. jonno56

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

I like the sound of these, and bargain price! Anyone around North West area with b pipe fitting experience? I dont have any tools required for grinding bits down, or the experience for that matter! I guess TDI North would do such a job? They are only down the road for me.
  73. jonno56

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Nice one Dave, any chance you could record the noise it makes? I love the sound of the supersprint B pipe, and want to see how they compare :-)
  74. jonno56

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Has anyone fitted a sportex b pipe? They are 2.5", and only £65 on ebay... Looking at this, or going to a custom exhaust shop, price dependant.
  75. jonno56

Correct fitting of square plates?

Never mind, went for 330 x 165 :-)
  76. jonno56

Just about to order, the rear size that looks most suitable seems to be 330mm x 152mm ???
  77. jonno56

Thanks mate! I think what I actually want is an import plate, after looking around haha. I am buying from a registered website (Demon Plates), so the size and spacing should all be spot on.
  78. jonno56

Can anyone help? I want to order a square plate ASAP :-)
  79. jonno56

Oil questions and recommendations here

Great, will keep my eyes peeled for the 15% offer, thanks
  80. jonno56

Thanks! There was a mention of a club discount in this thread somewhere, is this still available, and if so, how?
  81. jonno56

I'm ready to do an oil change soon on my new EP3... I'm not savvy with oil grades and benefits of each, but from reading this thread, am I safe to assume that PRO-S 5W 40 will not be burnt off as quick as a 0W 20/30/40??? I do a fair few miles, but will be changing oil every 6,000 miles. Also...
  82. jonno56

Sorry for bringing up another thread about square plates, but this just isn't clear anywhere! Hi by the way, I'm new :p So, read that the correct size for a square plate is 330mm x 152mm - "standard import size"??? But also read elsewhere that the correct size is 330mm x 165mm??? I don't want...
Back