• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ChopsTHFC

Ep3 top mounts

Hello all, Have been getting the twangy clunking noise on turning the wheel to full lock, tightened the top mount nut and the noise goes away but always comes back, don't want to keep tightening the nut as don't want to stretch the thread or damage strut in anyway. My mechanic friend has...
  2. ChopsTHFC

Heat/sound proofing under bonnet

Hi there Any negatives or positives for removing the heat/sound proofing from the underside of the bonnet? Was thinking about removing it to tidy up the look of the engine bay, Thanks
  3. ChopsTHFC

Progress 22mm rear arb for ep3

Thanks big al, did hear they reduce lift of oversteer quite a bit, think I will go for the 22mm progress me thinks,
  4. ChopsTHFC

Heard the 24mm induces a little more understeer, any truth in this? And thought the 22mm would be a good compromise between oem ukdm and the 24mm
  5. ChopsTHFC

Progress 24MM ARB Question

Thanks bowman, helped me out again! Just got the email back from funky power and they confirmed the part no. Is the same as in the eBay add! Damn tax!!! At least now I know it's not just per facelift that it will fit as most adverts suggest, will just hunt the cheapest option now, which I...
  6. ChopsTHFC

Would this fit a 06 ep3?? Part no 62.0102 http://bit.ly/W8spiO
  7. ChopsTHFC

Progress 24MM ARB Question

Hello, was also wondering part no.'s for the progress 22mm rear arb, only because funky power and eightspeed are £200+ and you can get them from the states much cheaper! Just need to know a part no. And a cheap dealer for the 22mm rear if anyone can help, tried the area Motorsport website but...
  8. ChopsTHFC

springs questions - not wanting to go too low... TEIN, Eibach other?

Sorry dude just read that you posted original link to eight speed, thanks for your help!
  9. ChopsTHFC

Eibach pro kit help

Am looking to buy eibach pro kit but am not sure where to buy them as different websites state different lowering rates, and some even saying how much they'd lower an ep2, does this mean they were not designed solely for the ep3? From what I've been reading on here since I joined I know the pro...
  10. ChopsTHFC

springs questions - not wanting to go too low... TEIN, Eibach other?

I have similar question but am sold on the eibach pro kit bit don't know where to buy from, as eibach themselves don't list a spring for the ep3 on there website, On the websites that sell the pro kit there are conflicting claims as to how much they lower it and how much they would lower a non...
  11. ChopsTHFC

Castrol edge 5-40

No reason just Costco sell it for £30 an I have a £25 voucher! Done a bit more research and there is a separate castrol edge 5-40 specially for turbo diesels so the one we stock at Costco's is for petrol, checked it on castrol web page! Thanks for the replies all the same!
  12. ChopsTHFC

Castrol edge 5-40

Walkden, yea
  13. ChopsTHFC

Castrol edge 5-40

See this stuff in halfrauds and says on bottle turbo diesel... But have seen it online labelled up as suitable for both petrol and diesel, Would any one use this in their k20??
Back