• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Richrush

Clutch Biting Point Very Low!

You lot crack me up... its like you know everything about my car, which you don't. You may have had a ep3 since blah blah blah, but, I have worked in engineering for 24 years, worked on cars an bikes for longer and my best bet by the sound of some of the comments on here, know a lot more about...
  2. Richrush

Exactly my point, I got half that.. Or is it something to do with the 4 racing drivers that took my car out!
  3. Richrush

Lol, x demo has nothing to do with the clutch problem, and as you say 55k is good, which its not, your contradicting yourself. And then you go on about how a subaru engine has broken! What! Nothing to do with my point. And I must now sell my car? Lol
  4. Richrush

Ok, had clutch fitted on Tuesday so picked car up after work. WOW.....it's like a new car. Gear change is better but I am always cateful how I change gear but the best improvement is how light the clutch has become. Nice slick easy gear changes all the way. I had a look at the old clutch and it...
  5. Richrush

I think your right it sounds as if it's your release bearing. I have let my local garage chose the clutch type as they have fitted many in the past and only use oem spec stuff.
  6. Richrush

I don't agree with your first comment about the history of the car, test drives were only short drives say 30 mins and no one just took the car out for a day. This in my opinion has nothing to do with the clutch problem I have, even if it was slipping I'm sure/know the fact it was a demo would...
  7. Richrush

Surprising facelift steering knock.

Try jacking both front wheels of the ground and see if it still does it. If so take one of the track rod ends off and try again. I'm thinking it could be something on your front suspension on maybe one side, try track rod ends and lower ball joints :(
  8. Richrush

Hi Baz, thanks for your kind words. I still like my car as when I got home I spent 3 hours cleaning and waxing it! lol. I just expect a bit more from Honda to be honest, if it had done 100k I might expect to change it but 55k????? and I know all the history of the car. But having said that this...
  9. Richrush

The car was as good as new when I got it as I know the people that own and run my local Honda garage. It had only done 745 miles and it had never been let out with out a Honda rep in the car. When I agreed to have the car it was only 1 month old and from that time they didn't let anyone else...
  10. Richrush

I have been to my local garage and they say it is my clutch springs that have relaxed so I might as well replace the lot. Not good news, but at least its getting fixed this coming Tuesday! To be honest I'm not impressed with Honda, I had an old Capri years ago with more miles on the clock and...
  11. Richrush

I think I might just try that tomorrow and see what happens. I will run it past the garage chap tomorrow and see what he says about it with possible problems of doing so. Thanks for the reply...cheers
  12. Richrush

If it's the bearing that has gone I can understand why the biting point would be low but I'm unclear while if the springs have relaxed how that can change the position of the pedel. Weak springs = slipping clutch.:confused: £400 this time of year....O dear...lol. Cheers I will post what they say...
  13. Richrush

Thanks for your responce, I have just found on the internet that you can adjust the clutch via where the pedel conects to the push rod so to speak. I'm not to sure this is the answer as it might make the slave cylinder move more than it should???? Also I have just called my local garage "non...
  14. Richrush

Hi all, I know this has probably been covered already but Ican't seem to find the answer. My clutch biting point seems to have got lower and lower to the point it is less than 1/3rd from the bottom "excluding the first part of travel which is just spring tension on the pedal". It does not slip...
  15. Richrush

Milano red paint detailing

Take a look at this, if you're intereasted I can post more details of process and products I used. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?85842-My-last-detail-in-July
  16. Richrush

Post your head unit

Ok this is my set up, Alpine head unit, Denon DCA800 amp, Genisis two way componants and DEI 12" sub in custom made fiberglass and MDF box. Sounds the nuts!
  17. Richrush

Think Ive Got A Mouse In The Car. Squeek, Squeek!!!

Hi I have just had this problem. Does it stop if the roads are wet? mind did. I ended up greasing the top mounts on both sides along with "seat" of the bolt/nut that comes through into the engine bay, top of the shock. Try that and see how you get on. You will have to remove one drop link to...
  18. Richrush

Engine Rattle...help please

Nice glad you got your's sorted. I thought I had sorted mine but........although it's better I can still hear a rattle. Just taken the drive shaft heat shield off and still the same. It only happens when the engine is at high revs, say above 4.5k and when you have lifted the throttle off...
  19. Richrush

Misting up windscreen

This is easy, as you have had the air con on once you switch it off the windows will mist up. Next time you have misted up windows "when cold" clear them with just the heater and the air con off. Will take a bit longer but wont mist up so fast when you turn the fan off. I think the air con...
  20. Richrush

I managed to find the thread regarding the rattle you get from the drive shaft cover so I have just had a look, I found that all three of the mounting bolt washers were loose. I used a large hammer :lol: and squashed the washers together to tighten them to the shield. I have replaced the shield...
  21. Richrush

Hi, I have looked at almost everything on mine and today while driving to work it seems as though the rattle has gone...almost. As Loxy said above, valves need to be adjusted so going to do that tomorrow night if the new seal kit turns up. This is a little list of what I done which might help...
  22. Richrush

Great and thanks for your help...Cheers
  23. Richrush

Hi, thanks for getting back so fast. It's done about 50k and I have done all the services myself. Have never done the valve clearances....:rolleyes: No video as yet but will try and get round to it if it helps. Is it hard to do valves/chain?
  24. Richrush

Hello to you all as you can see I'm new on here. Have owned my ep3 from 3 months old, the car not me! it's ex demo and so far had very little problems withit...until now. I am a bit of a fussy sod and like everything to be just so, so when my car developed a rattle it needed to be fixed. I...
Back